I am takin the wife to the dealer for a test drive today. I already know she thinks it is ugly, but I am hoping that once she is in it and riding, she will appreciate what the xB has to offer for a ride! And I will show here how the seats fold down, and how versitle that space can be!!!!
So wish me luck, I am gonna get the car anyways, but I want her to like my new ride, ya know?
12-20-2003, 02:15 PM
don't worry doc, just stress the room the car offers and if you guys ever plan to have kids the back seat comes with the "Latch" system for child seats. Ohh yeah it's cheap that might be the one she likes the most. Goodluck to you bro
12-20-2003, 02:58 PM
Some points to consider with the wife, seeing as how you to should be together till death do you part..... :wink:
1. the overall room in the xB is unGodly. Im 6'2", and weigh a hefty 245#s ( thats with a 44" chest for you ladies :wink: ) and i have so much room even with a baseball hat on i couldnt believe it at first. Must be at least 3-4" between the top of my head and the headliner.
2. safty, looks like it already has decent crash test ratings. Comes STOCK with anti-lock brakes, stability control, and air bags ( not that you wife yammering in the passenger seat isnt enough air bag for the both of you .... JOKE ), my wife never shuts up, but i love her anyway.
3. then there is the fact that is it a Toyota. Resale will be good ( better then my $1,100 Hyundai with 16K miles and in mint condition ). Plus your getting reliability.
4. did i mention the room? 50 cubic feet in the rear with the seats down! that is bigger then the first gen Durango or the PT
5. plus, they just look so damn cool. the pics i was looking at on the net long before i saw one in person, didnt to the lil lunchbox justice. I think i speak for a lot of owners here, that the car kinda grows on ya.
6. everyone else is driving cars that look like they were pushed out of Shamoo's ___, this wagon is just so .... square :D
Hope this helps, and keeps things on the down low with you and the miss'
12-20-2003, 03:02 PM
Hopefully she'll love it. I knew I was interested in the car, but as soon as I sat it one, I knew I had to have it. It's so open and the styling is very cool. Good luck!
Regarding the LATCH sytem, if you're (the previous poster) talking about the hooks on the back of the back seat, that's not LATCH. Yes, it's for carseats, but the LATCH system is two anchors down in the seat crack for hooks from the carseat to latch onto.
12-20-2003, 05:54 PM
I've sold these and the wives I've dealt with weren't happy at first either but after following up with them I've heard that they've argued over who get's the car.
Don't worry because once she see's it and drives around in it she'll start to like it.
Also since you'll be test driving and most likely she'll be sitting in the back....show her the "purse" hooks....that kinda worked for me because it shows that they were considerate of the women when they built the car. Also show her the little extra hidden compartment in the back. Just emphasize the quality, comfort and especially the price she'll like it.
12-20-2003, 05:56 PM
from Scion product info
Lower Anchors and Tethers For Children[LATCH]
"include anchors for child seats in onboard rear-seat positions, and tethers in all three rear seat positions"
This is in both the xA and the xB
12-21-2003, 07:35 PM
I guess that's my bad then. We have a carseat and for the life of us couldn't find the lower anchors. I now realize that even though there is a top strap anchor for the middle seat, there are no lower anchors for the middle seat.
Well good! I'm glad it has it.
12-21-2003, 08:48 PM
No problem girl, don't you fret none, I'm gald to help. I think that's one of the better features of the car. It's nice to have a car that's looks cool but still is safe for your little ones. Can we get a pic of the kids in the box?
12-21-2003, 11:20 PM
Can we get a pic of the Girl and her Box?
12-21-2003, 11:40 PM
here's a way to get your wife off your back...make a deal
"If you let me get a Scion, then I will go buy you a Lexus."
Haha highly unlikely but worth a try right? Plus you don't have to go through with it, its not like you're making a promise you can't keep.
12-22-2003, 12:29 AM
how was yesterday? ur wife still dont like the car?
12-22-2003, 01:00 AM
i have t admit...the car left stock is not that great looking. have you taken her through the car registry and shown her all the posibilities the box has??? might help. good luck!
12-22-2003, 01:49 AM
My gf hated the car from day one, and to this day, she still hates the way it looks.
Half of the time, I think she just likes giving me a hard time though...lol.
12-22-2003, 02:34 AM
how was yesterday? ur wife still dont like the car?
Well, we took our test drive. We went out in an xB that has already been dropped 2" and riding Axis 18's. She thinks it looks better in person, but still doesn't like it. She thinks the suspension in the Mustang (which is much stiffer) Rides better than the xB. And she thinks the seats are uncomfortable, (a good excuse to get the aftermarket seats I want)
But the overall conclusion is that if it is what I want then that is fine. I will be driving it not her. But she did say it looked better hooked up than stock.
So I have not really been blessed with he approval, but I have been authorized to get what I want, and I want my Box! Hopefully it will grow on her once it arrives and I drive it all the time!!!