View Full Version : 2008 xb2 aftermaket armrest....any update?

mikemann
06-28-2007, 09:13 AM
I forget who had posted about this (maybe it was another forum) but I know someone was working with Zeta and mentioned they would have a prototype last week.

Just curious if there an updates to this?

Thanks,

Mike

Noodles5666
06-28-2007, 01:11 PM
They are going into production soon, they are really comfortable. Will keep you guys up to date

mikemann
06-28-2007, 05:24 PM
any pictures or details about what it is/how it attaches?

Is it as bolt on replacement for the existing, or is it similar to the old xb and go over the center console?

Noodles5666
06-29-2007, 12:28 AM
yes it is a bolt on replacement. unscrew stock screw in aftermarket

mikemann
06-29-2007, 03:20 AM
cool, can't wait to see it.

-Mike

rsw1124
07-02-2007, 09:52 AM
LAst I heard Mid July on the new Armrest from Zeta Products :clap: :clap: :clap: THanks Guys !!

techgeekwill
07-03-2007, 06:19 PM
HI-JACK WARNING - Just curious if anyone else thinks it wouldnt be a bad idea to have a whole new center console with better cupholders, bigger console, and a stationary armrest.

I'd buy that.

Bigfieroman
07-03-2007, 06:42 PM
HI-JACK WARNING - Just curious if anyone else thinks it wouldnt be a bad idea to have a whole new center console with better cupholders, bigger console, and a stationary armrest.

I'd buy that.

Same here. Center console is my least fav part of the car.

techgeekwill
07-03-2007, 09:28 PM

I'd buy that.

Same here. Center console is my least fav part of the car.

I also think there is a ton of wasted space underneath the shifter. An extra power point of storage cubby would be nice.

mikemann
07-04-2007, 01:05 AM
Me three...

That could be done sooo..much better.

mikemann
07-06-2007, 06:44 PM
can someone leak some pictures?!? ;-)

I just got leather done in my xb and I asked them to try and beef up the armrest...they didn't. So I am thinking maybe I could buy this one and have them recover and match my leather.

Dying to see it though!

Noodles5666
07-06-2007, 07:55 PM
Not yet. I will be heading up to Zeta on Next Sunday hopefully they have it ready by then. When my guys did the katzkin kit on my car it beefed up my stock armrest by about 1.5x-2x

rsw1124
07-09-2007, 08:48 PM
let us know on Progress. Can't wait to see this. Gotta be better than stock one. THanks guys

Boxer_Rebellion
07-14-2007, 10:41 PM
Yep, can't wait.

mikemann
07-27-2007, 08:01 AM
hate to be a pest...but dying to see this.

Any more news? It's been a few weeks.

-Mike

rsw1124
07-27-2007, 10:27 AM
http://zetaproducts.net/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=193

This is what they have done. Hoped it was rightside but ...

golfbiz
07-27-2007, 12:22 PM
wow, that arm rest looks both pretty useless and ugly, definitely looks like an afterthought add on. The problem is someone with long legs that has the seat pushed back I barely touch the existing arm rest, so that pad is not going to get it done. Unfortunately the ergonomics are not great as the arm rest is too low and the window sill is too high. I would be interested if they can get a better center arm rest as that is not ergonomically very good either, too narrow and too short. A lot of little interior things they missed on the design, I mean how much would have it cost to have the temp, mpg, etc to be scrolled by pressing in a button on the turn signal stalk like my BMW instead of having to reach way in to scroll while driving. Anyway the BMW is ergonomically about perfect for the driver (telescope steering would have been an easy addition) but the Xb is more fun to drive and more practical not to mention over $20K less!

Noodles5666
07-27-2007, 01:49 PM
That's only for people that want comfort if they use that side for armrest. They are currently working on the right side replacement.

Kilo
08-03-2007, 03:19 AM
bump,, cant believe theres still no armrest..

mikemann
08-16-2007, 05:08 AM
yeah I don't want to be the guy who keeps bringing this one up....but it's been about a month since we had some leaked news on this. Would love to hear more about it and see pics.

I would also like to echo some others feedback that I would be all over their other armrest pad if they made it look more stock and follow the curves of the door. If you look atsome of the other pads they make for other cars, they can clearly do it....just seems like this one they are marketing for the scion is a generic, work for any car type thing. They sell what looks like the same pad for the FJ as well.

Make it look nice and I'll buy it. Sort of concerns me, that the bolt-on armrest might no be so hot either.

Their gen 1 product was popular and good thought right?

chadfo
08-16-2007, 10:27 AM
I'd love to know about the armrest too. I don't even try to use it right now because it's so high up and narrow.

RayJ
08-20-2007, 03:32 AM
I just bought a center armrest off ebay that was made for a Honda Civic. It bolts on to the cenetr console and can flip back to get to my existing armrest storage. A soon as I install it I will take a pic.

mikemann
09-17-2007, 05:17 AM
Okay, I'll be the pest again?

Anyone from Zeta out there?

zetaproducts.net
10-01-2007, 04:07 PM
No good new right now. The demand has been relatively low for this item and R&D is dragging. I would like to see the eBy item chadfo's is referring to.

mikemann
10-01-2007, 06:08 PM
Wow, what a huge disappointment. Maybe there is no interest because everyone has been holding their breath because ZETA made such a big hoopla about how this was actually in development and going to be coming out soon.

Instead all that has been released is a square universal pad that is being marketed as "Scion XB" armrest.

I have no prior dealings with ZETA products, I know people are very happy with your Gen 1 products. but to get this kind of a response after "leaking" product intentions 4 months ago is huge letdown.

-Mike

Bigfieroman
10-01-2007, 06:13 PM
Yeah, I mean no personal offense, but that rectangular universal pad was a huge letdown, and way overpriced to boot. It really looks tacked on, I wouldn't put it on my car if it was free. I can't believe there was "R&D" for that.

zetaproducts.net
10-01-2007, 06:18 PM
With the first armrest we had for the Gen 1 xB and xA, we received a huge amount of emails regarding the product even before we offered it for sale. Those cars had nothing and there was a huge demand.

But with the Gen 2 xB armrest, we have had just a handfull of emails regarding product availability.

zetaproducts.net
10-01-2007, 06:27 PM
The door pad is pad to help soften the factory door armrest, nothing more, nothing less. That pad was in our inventory and we offer to correct a comfort issue.

Sorry for the 'letdown' but we have to justify the tooling costs for any new product. At this point there is just not enough interest in the driver seat armrest. That is not to say we have shut the door on the idea, but we have to dedicate time and resources to products that will have a greater return.

Yeah, I mean no personal offense, but that rectangular universal pad was a huge letdown, and way overpriced to boot. It really looks tacked on, I wouldn't put it on my car if it was free. I can't believe there was "R&D" for that.

rsw1124
10-02-2007, 09:53 AM
I am having a custom armrest for Drivers side done. Don't even use passenger side but use Center Armrest and hate the stock one...Still waiting, the first retry sucks that they did so redoing it again

PoWeRWHeeLZ
10-03-2007, 04:35 AM
I purchased the XB 1 Zeta center armrest and was extremely happy with it. And I too, am waiting for a driver seat armrest replacement for that horrible one that makes me feel so awkward when using it. Come on Zeta... :pray:

zetaproducts.net
10-03-2007, 01:15 PM
Sorry to be putting through all this. I will have a "sit down" with production and see where we are with this thing. I appreciate the interest.

EricSanDgo
10-30-2007, 09:32 PM

I'd buy that.

Same here. Center console is my least fav part of the car.Me too, poor use of space, crappy small cup holders, and frankly, the location of the iPod/aux jack is stupid, should have been IN the console so the items could remain hidden.

Safetyguy
10-31-2007, 02:30 AM
Sign me up for a custom armrest from Zeta.

Standing by with money in hand...

john08xb
11-01-2007, 01:07 AM
Yea i dont think you should stop R/D of this armrest. Remember the car is only been out a few months...

build it and they will come

HapaLynai
11-02-2007, 03:58 PM
My friend always complains about the crappy armrest. I would definitly buy one for his next birthday.

zetaproducts.net
11-02-2007, 04:10 PM
THe tooling design is taking longer than anticipated. We are still finalizing the overall look of the armrest. Sorry for dragging this for so long. I will try to update you as info comes in. Thansk for your patience.... :bow:

john08xb
11-02-2007, 05:44 PM
1 thing though..

IT must retain or have its own built in cupholders like the OEM piece..thats is a MUST HAVE for meplease...

zetaproducts.net
11-02-2007, 05:48 PM
What we are looking to do is improve the armerst that is mounted to the driver seat. Cup holders are not in the cards...

madpb
11-03-2007, 11:03 PM
I am very interested in a longer , wider bolt on replacement armrest. (drivers right side)

Lawrider
11-05-2007, 01:46 AM
I wonder if any of Toyota's armrests would be a simple screw-in replacement. In any event, i would buy a nice wide plush center armrest tomorrow if it was available.

madpb
11-25-2007, 11:54 PM
We need an update. I wish I had to time to go to the junk yard and see if there is anything that could be used.

Madode
11-30-2007, 06:09 PM
I'm curious if there's any new info on this.

Madode

zetaproducts.net
11-30-2007, 06:41 PM
Sorry for dragging this thing along :(

We have made so many design changes to make the product easy to manufature and functional too! We have narrowed it down to a urethane pad that would cover the top edge of the factory driver seat armrest. I am waiting for final details that should be availablw within days. I will post again as info pops up. Please keep the faith...

xbIT
12-04-2007, 07:10 PM
The idea that I had was this.

Install a factory driver's side armrest on the passenger side and then remove both armrest and mate the two together into one big one.

THOUGHTS?

zetaproducts.net
12-04-2007, 07:20 PM
You cannot go much wider than the stock driver seat armrest.

You cannot add and armrest to the passenger seat either. The center console gets in the way. You will not be able to open the lid on the console and you cannot recline the seats.

There aren't many options, other than remove the driver seat armrest totally and install a different console lid.

We are working on a slightly wider driver seat armerst cover that should not get in the way.

xbIT
12-04-2007, 08:39 PM
CRAP... Good point on the seats not reclining! :crazy:

PoWeRWHeeLZ
12-05-2007, 04:15 AM
You guys(ZETA) dragged this one too long. I'm kinda used to my armrest now... I know it's awkward in the beginning, but its not too bad now.

madpb
12-06-2007, 02:22 AM
Longer ... much longer and wider please

CIONIDE
12-06-2007, 02:29 AM
That's what she said.

Nzaw4
12-06-2007, 05:11 PM
That's what she said.

hahah.... nice little laugh, almost got me caught at work surfing SL :rofl:

Artsx
12-06-2007, 07:23 PM
what about an armrest for the passanger

Artsx
12-06-2007, 07:24 PM
nevermind jsut saw above post

rustedborg
12-09-2007, 01:21 PM
ZETA, I am desperate to get my hands on a better armrest than the stock armrest on the 08 XB. As long as the price is reasonable I will go on record to say I'll be one of your first customers.

Please, bring us the armrest we so desperately need!

web1b
03-18-2008, 09:19 PM
Was this ever made?

Nzaw4
03-18-2008, 10:12 PM
lol, i finally accepted the fact that this company was just gettin us all hyped up.
All this foreplay and teasing with no climax..
talk about blue balls :doh:

rswscion08
03-22-2008, 01:02 AM
too busy with XD development I guess!Oh well

Nzaw4
03-22-2008, 01:17 AM
wow. Id think that the xB market is a little more lucuritive, as in more enthuisissts ? Not saying that the xD market is small.

But anyways, this company got free marketing/branding by creating this lil hypebeast .

All in all it seems they didnt lose anything since we are still keepin this thread alive in hopes that one day they will see our posts. :tap:

CIONIDE
03-22-2008, 01:51 AM
After this amount of time, my guess is that their R&D dept. realized that there isn't a way to make significant improvements over what we already have w/o redesigning the entire center console storage area, due to clearance issues..

If nothing else has come out, when mine wears out I'll just rebuild it with better foam, and make it about 1/4" wider on each side (1/2" overall) and recover it. I'm 6' tall and really don't find it that aggravating. My bigger gripe is with the front sun visors that have no extensions to block out the sun when they're moved over to the side windows. :tap:

jimmbomb
03-22-2008, 02:00 AM
are you'se talking about the drivers left arm rest?? or the drivers right arm rest?? I made myself one for my left arm.. now my cigar rests at the right height for the smoke to leave the vehicle. it sits about 5-6 inches higher from the stock 'door arm rest'... let me know if you'se need a picture.. it dont look factory, but it does the job very well! & now i couldnt live without it, as I have it on for months now.... jh

CIONIDE
03-22-2008, 02:18 AM
I was talking about the driver's right armrest, I've thought that was what this thread was about all along. I'm a smoker too, but not in my xB.

madpb
09-12-2008, 02:47 PM
I maybe getting used to the dinky short armrest but I would love to have one large replacement from another car.
To hell with the center console. I will take the cover off of it or not use it at all like I do now.
I would like to see the Honda solution. Is there a hole for a bolt on for the passenger left?

xbIT
09-24-2008, 10:12 PM
Looks like someone finally made one, but it's pricey...

http://www.boomerangarmrests.com/ScionIndex.html

curtisc
09-24-2008, 11:43 PM
Looks like someone finally made one, but it's pricey...

http://www.boomerangarmrests.com/ScionIndex.html
It is not for a 2nd generation xB.

Florida'09xB
02-04-2009, 01:46 AM
i'd buy this if it was available already, and through ebay/paypal

BlackberryPie
02-19-2009, 12:39 AM
I've been in touch with these guys who told me they'll go to a Scion dealership to see if they can retrofit something. Told me it'd be at least a week or more before they'd get back to me. Will let you know when I hear something.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230322710652&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:MOTORS:1123

1vicissitude
02-19-2009, 05:25 PM
Oh man those look killer! Hopefully they come through. I like the fact they are already established and have a color pallet available. I'll even preorder with them if I must. One in red please!

Florida'09xB
02-19-2009, 05:35 PM
yeah, if they make something for the xb and keep to the price point, they will sell a ton of these...me first.

Florida'09xB
03-11-2009, 12:04 AM
any updates on this?

BlackberryPie
03-11-2009, 04:27 AM
No, I haven't heard from him. I'll go send him a message through Ask Seller at eBay.

BlackberryPie
03-11-2009, 02:07 PM
Got reply to the email this a.m.:

"I have done some research into the Scions--- but have not made it to a dealer yet---- There is a dealer in Tallahassee Florida (closest to our location) where I can get some imput---if you get a chance you could email me a picture of the inside of your vehicle---email it to xxxxx."

Does anyone have good shots on hand? It's dark, dreary, & rainy here so shots might not be great. If not, I'll try to rig some extra lighting.

Tks, y'all. I told him if he could do this, everyone would jump on it like a crow on a junebug.

jb23fan
03-13-2009, 05:13 AM
Sign me up if it doesn't suck 'nuff said

Florida'09xB
03-13-2009, 02:06 PM
go to ebay/cars/edmunds/autotrader/etc and pull any random interior pics.