Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

scion security...

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2007, 01:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default scion security...

am goin into the dealer in about an hour to get my car..they didnt put anything on it (was just asking for spoiler and alarm) so im going to do these tihngs and then some myself...

the question i have is: what is involved in the security install? does it need activation? sparks has ot for 200 less than dealer...and the spoiler too... so i can get the options i want from sparks for the price of one from the dealer...
Old 07-08-2007, 01:11 PM

I installed the Scion security system (RS3200+) into our 08 xB on 7/4. It's not too bad to install (easier than the 05 xB install). The installation instructions are available from the TRD Sparks website (PDF). It took about 1.5 hours to install (going very slowly to make sure I didn't miss a step).
Old 07-08-2007, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by shiftz33
I installed the Scion security system (RS3200+) into our 08 xB on 7/4. It's not too bad to install (easier than the 05 xB install). The installation instructions are available from the TRD Sparks website (PDF). It took about 1.5 hours to install (going very slowly to make sure I didn't miss a step).
I opted not to install the security system at the time of order since, for the price, it didn't seem worth it.

Now that Sparks has it for a reasonable price, it looks much more appealing especially since it's wholy integrated and the installation steps are well documented.

I do have a question though. The factory nav does have starter kill, correct? From looking at the installation instructions, it connects to wiring harnesses under the steering column, so I'd assume they are interfacing with the ignition system.

Also, I think I saw a note on a glass break sensor, but I don't remember exactly. Does it have one?

Thanks!
Old 07-09-2007, 05:55 AM

Yes the Scion security system hooks into the ignition switch wiring. You unplug several pre-existing wire harness connectors and then insert the security system's connector in its place and then plug the original wiring connector into the one in the security system's harness.

There is a glass breakage sensor with this system. That module installs in the center console and it appears the microphone for the GBS is in the security system LED insert for the center console.

I'm not able to answer the nav system starter kill question since our 08 xB does not have the nav system.