Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Seat Covers for new xB

Old 07-13-2007, 12:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Default Seat Covers for new xB

I know a person who needs to take measurements of the 2nd gen xB seats for the purpose of making seat covers. They will offer a good discount on seat covers for you. heres some pics to get an idea of what they make, the red and white sample is on a honda fit.

if you live in NY or NJ within distance of the george washington bridge and are interested please pm me

Old 07-13-2007, 03:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I work on RT 33 in NJ if that is close enough you can meet me there one day and do what you need to do
Old 07-13-2007, 04:27 PM
SL Member

Default covers

Don't forget the airbag concern................
Old 07-13-2007, 05:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

problem is that i'm not doing the measurement i'm just helping someone who doesn't speak english well.

the situation is that i found out my coworker's parents own a seat cover factory in korea they've been making seat covers for 20 years for the japanese aftermarket. as you can see the brochure in the pictures above is in japanese.

happens that my coworkers mother is on vacation here and i asked her if they make seat covers for my car which is the 1st gen xb. she said she made them for the bb but the seats are entirely different.

so she offered to take measurements for my car and make them for me. i was showing her the pics on the forum here and she said that she could make nicer seat covers for a cheaper price. the sample of the honda fit covers i saw were excellent quality so i suggested she could sell them online since she could offer a better price.

i also suggested there might be a market for the new xb as well. only problem is she doesnt have access to a 2nd gen xb. shes only here for another 12 days and she's "sightseeing" as of the moment.

so if anyone could find spare time to come to her she will offer a good price on the donor's car. she is experienced with this stuff as she took my seats apart pretty easily. the measurements would take about 2-3 hours.

noodles thanks for the offer but i need someone who can go to her.
Old 07-13-2007, 05:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

just to add, the measurements will go fast er if the seats are out of the car. probably will only need to take out the rear seats.

i asked her about the airbag and she says its not a problem they can make a curtain for it.
Old 07-13-2007, 05:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

I don't have a 2nd gen but will be watching for updates on how the 1st gen works out.
Old 07-14-2007, 02:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

bump
Old 07-14-2007, 04:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

if anyone is interested in donating their car for measurements for 2 hours, you will get the discounted price of $250 shipped for your choice of seat covers.

they offer a wide selection of custom seats and colors. need someone to be available on wednesday the 18th, it is the only day available that we can do the measurements.
Old 07-14-2007, 09:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

just would like to add that these are seat covers are made by a mom and pop seat cover factory in korea that has been making seat covers for the japanese aftermarket for 20 years. once again if you offer your car for measurement you can have a set of seat covers custom made to order with your choice of options for $250 shipped. options such as perforated material, 15 different colors, VIP style button cushion seats, etc.
Old 08-04-2007, 04:22 PM

It looks Like I'm well past due for noticing this, but do they have a website to order from?
Old 08-04-2007, 06:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

couldnt get anyone in the area to offer their new xb up for measurement

i should get mine in a week or two. i have the first gen xb.
they dont have a website at the moment because they've been making them for wholesale for the past 20 years or so for japanese distributors and retailers.

they want to just get a feel for the seat cover market here though, thats why they offered me a sample.
Old 08-04-2007, 06:06 PM

I just got mine in a few days ago. Otherwise I would have been jazzed to get some discount seat covers! Do they typically not sell to the US?
Old 08-04-2007, 10:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

not really they only sell JDM via japanese distributors. i think they have their hands full as it is with just the manufacturing.

they didn't realize that people in the US were interested in the seat covers as well.