View Full Version : Scion Navigation with headrests

tc1stgen
07-28-2007, 04:57 PM
Ok so is there a way to play a DVD on the head unit but have it also play on the Scion DVD headrests as well. I have a 2008 xB with this package and I am trying to figure this out. As of right now all I have been able to figure out is how to play a DVD on both headrests at the same time and how to play one on just the head unit by itself. But I want to video to play on all three, obviously with sound. If anyone knows please let me know how this can be done, thanks!

BloodHoundFan
07-28-2007, 08:34 PM
If you have the factory options for this there is no way. The headrest units are seperate from the SNS unit up front.

tc1stgen
07-28-2007, 08:50 PM
That is what i figured but I was hoping for a glimmer of hope!

ExcelRevs
07-28-2007, 10:02 PM
talk to someone at an audio shop, i'm sure there is a way around it.

BigBHaller
07-30-2007, 06:58 AM
That is what i figured but I was hoping for a glimmer of hope!

I don't have the headrest monitors. Is there an option to select a different video source on the monitors (other than DVD)? If so, there may be an unused video input in your seat (under the upholstery).

Televators
07-30-2007, 05:18 PM
I have the SNS, but no headrests at this time.

What video source are the headrests using, if they are not using the SNS?

BloodHoundFan
07-30-2007, 07:28 PM
The headrest options from the dealer have their own built in DVD player. They play independent of the SNS system.

tc1stgen
07-30-2007, 09:09 PM
Exactly. They each ahve their own slots for a DVD and it is weird cause if I select the AUX on the SNS, the video's sound I have playing on the headrests will come through the speakers. So the headresta are linked up with the SNS is some way. It would just be real nice to have the video on all three screens. I am taking the car to NOPI this weekend and I wanted to show off the system by playing a vidoe on all three. I guess I will have to hook up X-box to the SNS!

scion-nav
07-31-2007, 06:30 AM
IF your headrest monitor have an input?
Then you can send a video out from the SNS.
There a RCA for vidio output only for DVD

Whispaz
07-31-2007, 12:54 PM
wow, i was thinking about getting them but I guess i'll just get an aftermarket one, cheaper and I'm sure they can play the same movie if thats what you want