Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Incredible Stealth install - Amp, subs & 3-way fronts

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 09:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Incredible Stealth install - Amp, subs & 3-way fronts

Well, my install is finally done. I did the deadening as you may have seen my previous posts, but had all the other stuff done by Bing from www.simplicityinsound.com

goals:
1. good sound quality
2. stealth
3. with some flash when needed.
Fred supplied me with all the gear...including amps and subs from Zuki audio, http://www.zukiaudio.com/a brand i have never heard of before... along with the goold ole iridium 6.3 set...
anyway lets get started.
as mentioned the iridium 6.3 is the front stage. the midbasses were installed in the factory lower door location, the entire door was sealed via foam and edead UE, fred also did the outer door skin and inner plastic door panel before i got the car...

for the midrange i fabricated some on axis kicks, trimmed in black suede

and since this is a very tall car with a hgih dash, the tweet was installed into the A pilalrs for the best staging. At first i thought about flushing it, but the big DLS tweeter hat, in dark grey, just looked too out of place aginst the milky colored A pillar. So after some head scratching, i realized that i can cut out a hole in the A pillar, and seucre the tweet front behind, so only the arches show...i thik this looks much cleaner

so here is the entire front stage:

moving on to the trunk
here is the normal stealth view, as you can see, the floor wasn't raised a single inch

remove that carpet and here is the semi-stealth mode. the entire floor is wrapped in factory matching vinyl, with two covers, the back one, is vented with grille cloth, and the front one, is solid mdf with SCION in raised vinyl. the middle is another vent for the crossflow fan that cools the amps:

remove both cars and here is what you get, two Zuki audio 10" subs sit in a blue suede lined, flushed mounted box, and two Zuki Audio 4 channel amps, sits end to end in a suede line well, over the well is a piece of thick plexi, and as directed by Fred , a picture of Cross and a bible verse is on the plexi.

hard to see but all te wires coming out of the amps pas through grommits in the floor

and flick a switch on the side panel, and here is what happens:

overall, it sounds pretty nice, i am decently impressed by the Zuki gear, the amps seem to be well built, solid and dish out a lot of power, and the subs sound pretty nice, and really gets good transient response
driving it back down to LA tomorrow morning hhehe
Old 08-02-2007, 11:22 PM
5 Year Member

very nice! where'd you get it done and how much?
Old 08-02-2007, 11:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

www.simplicityinsound.com

He is in San Jose... an incredible installer and one of the few I would trust with my car. it is about 5 hours away. With some work on timing and a bit of luck, he was able to pick it up and drop it off. .

As far as how much, you are going to have to ask him. It depends on what you want really. I provided all the equip and he did all the work.
Old 08-02-2007, 11:30 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Very clean install. I love the design of the "trunk"
Old 08-02-2007, 11:32 PM
5 Year Member

sheesh thats a good drive away. ill have to call him and see what we can work out. but i have all the epuip ready to go jutst needed it installed stealth like yours. i dont want to intrude but you can PM how much you paid if you want. im just trying to guage how much things like these cost so i have somthing to comapre it to. very clean install BTW.
Old 08-03-2007, 12:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Praise the lord! Looks good!
Old 08-03-2007, 12:35 AM
5 Year Member

you can PM me directly if you want this is the second scion i have done since i been in cali, and i have to say again, many scions are super to work on

the other one was here:

http://www.icixsound.com/vb/showthread.php?t=37244
Old 08-03-2007, 01:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thanks guys... again, if you are interested contact Bing directly... he is awesome and is a certified DLS, Elemental designs and image dynamics dealer.... honestly if you want great sound and great installs look no further.

I will say this, his prices are very reasonable and you will pay considerably more from any shop that does any where near this quality of work.
Old 08-03-2007, 02:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I don't usually envy, but wow!
Never heard of Zuki before though. Not many specs on their website either.
Old 08-03-2007, 03:09 AM
5 Year Member

not much of anyhting on their site and their instructonal manual was very limited, good thing their amp heatsink design is almost like a DLS clone interms of set up so...

good solid stuff, but i do wanna see some more support for installers

b
Old 08-03-2007, 03:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Bing, any recommendations on a shop in South Florida? By the way, kudos on the clean work, superb, sir.
Old 08-03-2007, 03:18 AM
5 Year Member

try these two:

Audio Sutra 954-612-4611 and ask for Greg,
Audio by Design 305-278-4394 and ask for Mark Brooks.

tell them a the DLS norcal rep referred you, see what htey can do...i haent personally seen their work, but from what i see in pics and heard, they are good peeps

b
Old 08-03-2007, 09:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Bing, got to see you work first hand tonight. Just by sheer luck to. I've been hearing about this install from talking with Fred for the last weeks offline.

Went to the local Sciokotics meet tonight and saw the other Blue TC you did.

You do fantastic work! I would love to have a sub setup like what you've done. Just wish you were a little closer to me. I'm in the Walnut Creek/Concord Area.

Looks great!

Congrats Fred!
Old 08-03-2007, 11:39 AM
SL Member

John 15:13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
Old 08-03-2007, 02:57 PM
5 Year Member

walnut creek? thats like 50 mins from me hahaa...i guess we all have different ideas on waht is "far" i routinely get cars from LA, Washington state and las vegas hehe...heck, a car is coming from kansas in october ;)

hey and i see you own a hobby store...hmmm....maybe i should come check out your store
Old 08-03-2007, 03:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

very nice setup!!!!
Old 08-03-2007, 06:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

I've been waiting for someone to use the trunk like that.... I was thinking of using Pioneer shallow subs, so as to not move the spare at all, but I have no clue about installation.

Question: did you have to toss the spare or is there enough room above it? Is there somewhere else to put it?

I spend almost every week in San Jose or the Bay area, and am getting interested in this install... I also love the plexiglas reference
Old 08-03-2007, 07:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I ditched the spare and the plastic holders for the jack and stuff.... I will be keeping a bottle if sealant/inflater but pretty much everything back there is sound equipment.

If you are interested in doing something Contact Bing, great guy, easy to work with and some of the best work around
Old 08-04-2007, 12:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wow..... very niiice
Old 08-04-2007, 12:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

just listened to it, sounds great... extremely clean..... it has some left biased and needs a little eq'ing, but won't get any of that with the premium H/U but overall love the sound.

I popped in my newest favorite CD, Life changing by Smokey Norful. And just loved it.... I can turn it up, absolutely no noise and very clean until the H/U starts to make noise

Quick Reply: Incredible Stealth install - Amp, subs & 3-way fronts