Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen Owners Lounge
Second Generation 2008-2015 [AZE151]

Windshield Crack.....

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2007, 01:17 PM

Default Windshield Crack.....

Hey guys!

I've posted in here a few times before, but I mostly lurk, but now I have a problem....

I got my HTM M/T box almost three months ago and it's been great. Got a couple road trips under my belt now and I really can't think of much to complain about. BUT, the other day, I noticed that a large crack had somehow gotten onto my windshield. The crack got bigger overnight after I saw it and now it it sitting right in front of me when I'm driving it. It's driving me insane! Does anybody know if a windshield crack is covered in the warranty of the car that Toyota gives you? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Peace and Love
Chris
Old 08-19-2007, 01:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

warranty dose not cover a crack in your windshield.
i have a small one that i noticed the second it happened, i ran to my insurence and all they would cover is a repair.
so..... i got it repaired for nothing, but it has to be done wile its still very small.

i will tell you this, the more highway driving you do the bigger that crack is going to get.
Old 08-19-2007, 01:37 PM

Wow, thank you so much for the speedy response. How much does it generally cost to repair and where would I be able to get it repaired?
Old 08-19-2007, 01:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

It's definitely not a warranty item. Your insurance might cover it depending on state laws and/or your policy. In SC it's a state law that insurance companies have to repair or replace windshields with no charge to the policy holder. I had my windshield replace 3 times on my gen 1 XB.
Old 08-19-2007, 02:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the repair was $40
but it was a bit bigger then a silver dallar
it was a big rock that left a deep chip with 3 or 4 cracks going in different directions.
the people were scraching there head and wasn't shure if they could fix it, but it worked out fine.
Old 08-20-2007, 12:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i was just on another forum and he did actualy have the dealership payfor it here is a link to the website he made about it www.myscionsicks.com
Old 08-20-2007, 12:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

sorry its www.myscionsucks.com
Old 08-20-2007, 11:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That website is definitely an entertaining read, but I don't think it's going to prove TOO useful to you, as it is

a) referring to a completely different car, and
b) referring to case that was almost certainly a manufacture defect, instead of the result of a near-vertical pane of glass

Maybe if your windshield breaks 15 more times ;)
Old 08-26-2007, 03:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Windshield Crack.....

Originally Posted by AgntPedro
Hey guys!

I've posted in here a few times before, but I mostly lurk, but now I have a problem....

I got my HTM M/T box almost three months ago and it's been great. Got a couple road trips under my belt now and I really can't think of much to complain about. BUT, the other day, I noticed that a large crack had somehow gotten onto my windshield. The crack got bigger overnight after I saw it and now it it sitting right in front of me when I'm driving it. It's driving me insane! Does anybody know if a windshield crack is covered in the warranty of the car that Toyota gives you? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Peace and Love
Chris
Lol, don't tell me the 2nd Gens are prone to the stress cracks the 1st Gens have to deal with.
Old 08-26-2007, 03:55 AM

Default Re: Windshield Crack.....

Originally Posted by dgenem
Originally Posted by AgntPedro
Hey guys!

Peace and Love
Chris
Lol, don't tell me the 2nd Gens are prone to the stress cracks the 1st Gens have to deal with.
It isn't a stress crack. I have a small, small divot at the very bottom of my windshield where the crack originated. No stress here, just a stray rock somewhere on the highway.
Old 08-26-2007, 04:01 PM

Default AqntPedro..question

After reading your post about the crack in your windshield, am I assuming cause you are in the 2nd generation forum, that you have the 2008? Read up alot on the problem with the older xB's having cracked windshields, scary.. We are looking are considering buying one really like the looks and how it rides. Thanks..