Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

New upgraded security system and fog lights install

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2007, 11:51 PM

Default New upgraded security system and fog lights install

I have a few questions about my newly purchased Scion xB 2nd-Gen. I just had the scion upgraded security system installed and now the steering wheel rubs the steering column because the dealership installed it in the steering column because they said that's the only place for it to go. It also causes the ignition hole in the steering column to not line up with the ignition. I was wondering if that's normal? Also, I had the fog lights put on at the dealership and they had to cut the plastic grille to put them in, when they did this, instead of making a clean cut, it looks like a dog chewed it up. I was wondering if anybody else had this problem and what to do? I also was wanting the rear bumper aplique put on, but they said that they don't make them for the new xB's yet. Is this true? I have seen one on another website before with one installed. They were giving me that for free for purchasing the Scion and now they are telling me they don't even make it yet. Please give me some help on what to do. Thanks.
Old 08-21-2007, 12:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

They did not put the steering column covers back together correctly.
They botched the fog light install. The cuts should not be visible at all.
The rear bumper appliqué was evidently pulled due to some problems, but it is supposed to be available again later I believe.

You need to make them fix your car. That may mean a new lower grill.
Old 08-22-2007, 03:28 PM

Thanks for the advice on this topic. I finally got a hold of somebody at the dealership that worked on my xB and they are ordering a new grill and are going to reinstall my security system correctly. Thanks again roXor boXer!