Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

New speakers, amp and sub

Old 08-31-2007, 07:28 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default New speakers, amp and sub

hey there, new to the forum. first off I wanted to say that all the info ive seen on this site has been great. I have a classic silver xb2 and had a couple questions about the sound system.
Ive have the stock head unit and was wondering if i could run a sub and amp on this system with new speakers as well.im not too knowledgeable in this area but all i really want is good bass and good sounding speakers. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Old 09-11-2007, 03:20 AM

You will need a line out converter to do so. It allows you to tap into the speaker wires of your car to provide the rca connection for your amplifier. They aren't expensive, and would be the route you would want to go with this. As for the quality of the speakers, believe me when I say it is more the head units fault than the speakers themselves. I am running the stock door speakers with a new HU and they sound 100% better.
Old 09-11-2007, 07:21 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

thanks for the response. for now im just going to keep the stock head unit. i have a hook up at best buy so im getting eveything for about half off.
Old 09-15-2007, 04:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

even if you're getting everything half off, best buy is not where you wanna get subs and speakers from. i suggest you look around. in the end you'll be much happier. little known companies today produce most of the good stuff that's out there. best buy will not be able to offer you anything from them. just to name a few.

Focal, Dynaudio, Morel, Hertz, Diamond, CDT, Rainbow, Stereo Integrity, RE Audio, Sundown, JL Audio, Ascendant Audio, Soundsplinter, Image Dynamics, and plenty more