Second Generation 2008-2015 [AZE151]

Who is sick of this?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 06:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Who is sick of this?

Whos is sick of 1st gen owners posting in the second gen forum about how much the xb2 sucks, or them making sarcastic comments in the 2nd gen forum about our cars. Can someone show me where a XB2 owner ever went to the 1st gen forums and said the 1st gen sucks.

I am not trying to say every xb1 owner is like that because many of us own xb1s and I know plenty of xb1 owners who love the xb2. But for christ sake stop being so childish.

I know the xb1 and xb2 are pretty much not the same car, and toyota "americanized" it. and now its not "JDM". cry about it somewhere else. just because the car isnt crisply square on all corners dont mean its not JDM, just because its bigger compared to the xb1 doesnt mean its not JDM. are you jealous of the new xb? help me understand why you whine about it every day.

I love what toyota did with the xb2. i like the xb1s, but when i saw the gen2 i had to buy one. its the first brand new car i have ever purchased my whole life and i love every inch of it. but when i come home from work to read scionlife to see the latest review or new products we get. i am met by at least one post (most of the time more) from an xb1 owner whining about how bad xb2 sucks compared to the xb1, or how american it is, or how the gas milage blows. just sucks

/rant
Old 09-06-2007, 11:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah i think its stupid that they do it...

Not only do they do it sometimes.. but the media is doing it also.
I know TONS of people who think the original xB was ugly and a piece of junk and think the new xB2 is way better looking and has enough power to keep up with the rest of the cars on the highway.

Its really all a matter of opinion. like most things.

yeah the "Americanized" thing is really stupid... hello! we are in America.. if you want to be Japanese go to freakin Japan.

Most of them are probably just jealous .
Old 09-06-2007, 11:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yea, i don't get it. Scion is Scion is Scion. while not a fan of the xA or xD, i'd drive em just because of who made em. They're gonna hold up like any Toyota. Honestly though, i would have just gotten and xb1 over the xB2 because of price, BUT, they 1st xB was is so fricken loud and rickety that it wasn't happening. I love my xB2, plain and simple (though yes, i miss the 35mpg i had from my corolla). Plus, my dad has an xB1 and is jealous that I have the xB2 ;)
Old 09-06-2007, 11:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah I agree and most (all?) of the moderators are gen1 types so nothing is ever done about it. They certainly are not following and promoting the forum rules.
Originally Posted by Darren
Scionlife Rules For All Forums
The simple rules to which you must agree to post in this forum:

1. I will keep my posts relevant and helpful.
-Be helpful and do no harm!
-Post that have veered off topic or bashing WILL be locked, split or deleted.
Yeah. Sure.

Their frequent trolling comes out looking like the xB equivalent of ***** envy. They wish ours was tiny, weak and flimsy like theirs.
Old 09-06-2007, 11:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

i'm sorry that you feel this way. personaly i love the xb2 just cant aford to have 2 or i would
Old 09-06-2007, 12:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I agree....I'm a Gen1 owner and I think the Gen2 is cool as well. I haven't driven one but I understand they perform much better and have a higher level of refinement, and that's cool.

I prefer the looks of the Gen1 but I didn't like it at first. Time will probably make the Gen2 grow on me as well.

Hell, they're both Scions, and we ARE enthusiasts, so I agree and I don't understand all the crybaby sarcastic remarks. Let's all enjoy our cars and appreciate one another's taste in what they have chose to drive.
Old 09-06-2007, 01:09 PM

It reminds me of the xbox360 vs ps3 vs wii debates raging in the video game forums
Old 09-06-2007, 01:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm sick of the haters on SL. LOL
Old 09-06-2007, 02:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

*Raises hand*
Old 09-06-2007, 02:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

its not a big deal to me. my classic silver xb2 is also my first brand new vehical. its also my first toyota. and I love it.

when I read people bashing on it. it makes me laugh. its all fun and games im sure. as if the little t-ball player is bashing on the red headed kid cause he got a better grade than him in grade school.

the xb was revolutionary. and ours is refined.

its all friendly bashing as well. I doubt these owners walk around spitting on our car. and I have a feeling a couple of these guys would pull over and help change a flat tire if it came down to it.

its just a shame we can't bash on things because we have the better car...

oh well. off to work.
keep on bashin brothers...keep on bashin.
Old 09-06-2007, 03:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm a 1st Gen owner about to change up to an xB2. What always drove me nuts were people shouting at me going Scions suck! and I go Why? They go cause they do. I went and test drove a BSP manual the other day and then went back down the same roads in mine to see the performance differnece and there is a big one. My gf asks you have a perfectly good working car, why would you want to pay for another 3 years. Its because the xB1 is almost childish to me, great for a 16 yr olds first car, whereas the xB2 has a more mature feel and look to it, perfect for the 20 something year olds.
Old 09-06-2007, 03:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by roXor_boXor
Yeah I agree and most (all?) of the moderators are gen1 types so nothing is ever done about it. They certainly are not following and promoting the forum rules.
Originally Posted by Darren
Scionlife Rules For All Forums
The simple rules to which you must agree to post in this forum:

1. I will keep my posts relevant and helpful.
-Be helpful and do no harm!
-Post that have veered off topic or bashing WILL be locked, split or deleted.
Yeah. Sure.

Their frequent trolling comes out looking like the xB equivalent of ***** envy. They wish ours was tiny, weak and flimsy like theirs.
I'm currently a Mod on other forums and have been on a few diff ones ranging from paintball to motorcycles to rifles. As a Mod I'd most likely have squashed a few of these, not all though. Matter of fact, on most of those forums "vs" threads are not allowed. Folks can't put up facts and/or logic usually to support their statements and will usually end up in ____ing contests running on emotion. Often times it's just opinion and taste, nothing to be done there.
Some of the threads have been presented in a good light, asking for differences and opinions as to why you chose the xB2, for example, those have been constructive I think. In the end, drive what YOU like, it's your money, you're in it.
Old 09-06-2007, 04:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

When I started working at my current office & had my tC, everyone liked it and asked me about it. They also mentioned how much they didn't like the 1st Gen xB. When I got my 2nd Gen xB, they all came to my cube & asked if it was mine & told me how much they liked it.

...thought I'd throw that out there
Old 09-06-2007, 05:18 PM

I actually had a xB1 owner try to run me off the road about a week ago.
Old 09-06-2007, 05:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by risca369
Oh yeah, and I'm sure he did it because you were in your xB2 right?

Ludicrous.
Old 09-06-2007, 05:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I find it amusing how some people think Gen1 Owners purposefully go into "their" forum to talk ****. I hate the xB2, said some @sshole comments in the past (honestly dont really care about the whole xB vs xB2 anyway) but never have I gone into "your" forum to bash. I dont go into any forum for that matter. I guess people forget that there is a latest.POSTS section on the front page. I click on anything that looks interesting... sometimes that means I click on something in "your" forum.
Old 09-06-2007, 05:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have 2 first gen's and a 2nd gen...I love all three of them....I love the character of my first gen's but you cant beat the refinement on the 2nd gen...
Old 09-06-2007, 05:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by risca369
omg lol thats crazy
Old 09-06-2007, 05:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

RIsca says I actually had a xB1 owner try to run me off the road about a week ago.

Response" UHHH did he ever catch you???"

Sorry had to ask though!!
Old 09-06-2007, 05:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i love xb1 and xb2 and the xd, i kinda like the tc and the xa. but they are all scion and love communities like scionlife. i have owned other cars and visited forums for those but there was no sarcasm or bashing towards those with a different model. i kinda wish that there was just one xb forum instead of first gen and 2nd gen just so we can have all posts about xbs in one place, but its cool like this too.

thanks for listening to my original post guys, thats just been bothering me for quite some time and i was just wondering if it was all in my head

Quick Reply: Who is sick of this?