Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Aftermarket Sirius for Scion / Lexus / Toyota

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 02:27 PM

Default Aftermarket Sirius for Scion / Lexus / Toyota

OK so a little background here, I am way into audio, home, mobile you name it, and have always felt that aftermarket will give you more bang for the buck than the factory so I opted against the Sat radio option for 449 in my xB thinking I could to a stilleto or sportster and install it to look nice. Fast forward to this morning I find this website. Anyone know anything about this, almost looks too good to be true?

http://www.logjamelectronics.com/soundlexsir.html

check out the "YouTube" video of the installation, looks hot! May have to try one, any thoughts?
Old 09-06-2007, 05:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Nice find. It won't be any better than the OEM sirius option but it allows you to buy the less expensive Sirius modules and then upgrade your radio later. He mentions the car doesn't have the steering wheel controls "that I speak of" which is a bit misleading for some. Our cars do have steering wheel controls, just not the kind that need to use that y-connector.

The video doesn't mention being able to use the Kenwood specific tuner. Nor does this blurb on another website. http://www.12volt.com/index.php?opti...=865&Itemid=32

So I'm a bit confused as to how this really works.
Old 09-06-2007, 08:29 PM

I did a little more digging, apparently it doesn't use the Kenwood specific tuner, what it uses is the sirius half of that package, and it will work with the sirius half of the Alpine, GM, JVC, Sony, pretty much any of the Sirius Connect Kits that are available. Kind of cool I think, Also the guy at SoundGate, from the video, mentioned that the SCC1 tuner will work also with a different cable that will be coming soon as well. I think I may just bite, looks good in the video and is way cleaner that trying to install a sportster for only a couple more bucks. I'll let you know how it turns out.
Old 09-11-2007, 01:34 PM

So I couldn't resist and had it shipped in express. I installed it last night and WOW what a device. I can't tell it is not factory, the levels match the same as the radio and iPod, all the text is there and I get 18 presets. Installation was way easy too, about like the video said. The hardest part was running the line for the antenna, which I put right outside the hatch in the reat next to the factory, but everything was simple plug in, no connections of any kind to make. Looking at the instructions it will fit 1st gen too, and they have an iPod part for the early Scion too. I may have to put a plug up on the 1st gen page, I know there are many 1st gen owners still looking for these iPod and Satellite solutions. If anyone has curiosities just PM me and I can tell you what I know so far.
Old 09-12-2007, 04:20 PM

Default SIR-PNR2 - Will this work in 08 XB?

Its only $99 direct from Sirius - and appears to work on any SAT READY Pioneer HU - anyone have any experience with this? Thanks much!
Old 09-13-2007, 05:08 PM

Don't tell me that now, I could have used that information 3 days ago. I have been kind of looking for a whlie, but didn't see anything at the Sirius web site, which is why I went this way. It works good, But I am still into it for 330 bucks.
Old 09-13-2007, 05:21 PM

Default Re: SIR-PNR2 - Will this work in 08 XB?

Originally Posted by chopped08xb
Its only $99 direct from Sirius - and appears to work on any SAT READY Pioneer HU - anyone have any experience with this? Thanks much!
I rushed to make some calls, I mean 200 bucks is 200 bucks. The 99 Sirius tuner will not work with the factory Scion Pioneer labled radio, that tuner is only for after market Pioneer radios, so I would have to make the purchase of a new Pioneer radio that is SAT ready and that tuner in order for it to work. Then I loose my iPod unless I put another 100 bucks into the Pioneer iPod adapter and loose the factory look.

Basically looks like I made the right decision for me, I am still happy. Thanks for trying to help though, I appreciate the chance to save some dollars.
Old 10-02-2007, 07:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Default Re: SIR-PNR2 - Will this work in 08 XB?

Originally Posted by LVMYXB
Originally Posted by chopped08xb
I rushed to make some calls, I mean 200 bucks is 200 bucks. The 99 Sirius tuner will not work with the factory Scion Pioneer labled radio, that tuner is only for after market Pioneer radios, so I would have to make the purchase of a new Pioneer radio that is SAT ready and that tuner in order for it to work. Then I loose my iPod unless I put another 100 bucks into the Pioneer iPod adapter and loose the factory look.

Basically looks like I made the right decision for me, I am still happy. Thanks for trying to help though, I appreciate the chance to save some dollars.
In the video he showed the harness for the steering wheel controls, you said thet you cannot use it? please explain
Old 10-02-2007, 08:17 PM

Not really sure what that meant, I heard him say something like the vehicle didn't have the steering wheel controls and then added that he speaks of. This was really simple for me, I removed the radio, plugged the harness in, ran the antenna lead and made the connections to the tuner and bam, done. My steering wheel controls still work so, not really sure, could be for other cars than the xB.
Old 11-09-2007, 07:11 PM

I found the same video on the web as well. It looks pretty easy to install. I have two questions:

1.) Where did you mount the Sirius tuner?
2.) Where/How did you run the antenna cable?

I'm a noob when it comes to car audio installation. I think I can do this. Would like to avoid going back to the dealer.
Old 11-09-2007, 11:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Im curious also, would you be able to post any pics of your install??