Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen Owners Lounge
Second Generation 2008-2015 [AZE151]

I didnt think it would be this hard to choose a color help..

Old 09-16-2007, 05:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default I didnt think it would be this hard to choose a color help..

So My 05 xB is totaled i was hit by a drunk driver heres the link to that post and pictures, https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...573&highlight= Im getting insurance money and i went to the dealership to decide on what to get and i am sticking with the xb although I feel it is not as unique, noticable, and "cool" as the old one, it is however classier, more upscale, nicer, a better deal, and more quality. I now have to decide what color, at first i thought i wanted to go with a white car after having a dark car and it being a pain, but after looking at them i like black sand pearl more. I just need some help deciding do i want classy black or practical white, and i just dont like silver cars so it is out. Any opinions of people that have either color, especially anyone who has black that is really glad they chose it.
Old 09-16-2007, 09:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

i say go with white, they look nice. I was also torn between black and white. I was going to get the black........but, dark cars show dirt so much.....I have a BOP right now, 06. It will never be clean...
Old 09-16-2007, 10:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Think white and you can do so much with colors and graphics.Graphics on the other one look great by the way. Sorry to see that but glad you are ok. I had full uninsured on my 05 Black cherry and wiht 30,00 got 14,000 grand minus 5,000 payoff for loan. Good luck with attorney and Insurance.
Old 09-16-2007, 10:33 AM
SL Member

How often do you like to clean your car? If you are a car guy and like cleaning(proper waxing and polishing) your car often go with the black. White cars are easier on the eyes when it comes to scratches and swirls because there is little depth in the color most people think they are boring. What makes the white xb not boring is the contrast of the black glass/trim with the white. Take a look at white car with out tint and black trim, you'll fall asleep looking at them.
Also I see you live in Alaska, are the roads wet most of the year? If so the new xb splatters mud(or just dirty water for me) all over the sides due to the lack of any mud guards.

Wow, just saw your post and hope you are okay. Also take their advice and at least talk to attorney about the situation. And yes airbags are suppose to open that way, my friend's father had his airbag open but instead of cracking open the cover of the airbag the cover remained in one piece and broke the guy's nose and his cheek bone.

Last but not least I see you were hit by a "she". Are the added quotation makes there to emphasize "her" *****?
Old 09-16-2007, 10:47 AM

10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

hypnotic teal is a favorite of mine... if that helps.
Old 09-16-2007, 12:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Silver (csm) is easy to keep clean. I only have to dust off debris occasionally w/ my cal duster and people ooh & ahh again.. I will try to stay humble
Old 09-16-2007, 01:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

^^ he said silver is out of the question
Old 09-16-2007, 02:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

GO WITH BLACK I JUST GOT ONE THURSDAY! Its so pretty in the light. it sparkles and it looks so slick when your just cruisin. mines all stock and cant wait to mod it. sry bout ur old xb
Old 09-16-2007, 05:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

he said silver is out of the question
Yup!! danos likes black toooooo! But look at what you can get, and go with what moves you.
Old 09-16-2007, 05:40 PM

Go with what you like. I think the black sand pearl is awesome, but I have owned black cars before and know what a pain in the **** they can be. Silver or white dooesn't show scratches, swirl marks, and dirt they way the darker colors do, so keep that in mind as well. I am happy with the silver metallic, even though the last 3 vehicles have been the same color. I'm not partial to it, and when I went back to the dealership I saw another BSP XB, and wanted it!!!
Old 09-16-2007, 10:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

AHHH I cant decide... Keeping it clean i guess isnt that big of a deal i can allways clean it ,what im most afraid of is scratches, my old bop got scratches on it so easy... Do you guys the the paint quality is anybetter on the the new xb compared to the old one? Any body have a bsp and regret it because it is covered in scratches?
Old 09-16-2007, 10:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Black ain't so bad with scratches. I've had several over the years. My last truck was black. Black fades easy. That is worse than scratches. Keep after the appearance and you'll be fine. What other colors are available?
Old 09-17-2007, 01:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by nameless_ak
Keeping it clean i guess isnt that big of a deal i can allways clean it
I think you just answered your own question. Take a look around at some of the BSP's people here have and you should be sold. There are lots of tips and information available on handling scratches and swirls too. Go get that BSP.

Well you get the idea. :D
Old 09-17-2007, 01:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I just saw a silver one this weekend, and I think its a nice color to get but thats my opinion....
Old 09-17-2007, 01:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Black means LOTS of cleaning.
White is easier with that, but will fade just as much as black if you dont care of it. One day its white then all of sudden its not. 10 years as a detailing manager tells me this.

Personally I like the Blackberry Crush or Nautical.
Old 09-17-2007, 02:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

I remember reading about a study that said white cars are involved in accidents more than any other color! Not sure how scientifically accurate that was...something to consider perhaps!
Also, I personally do not like white cars at all. I don't think cars look nearly as nice in white as they do in any other color for some reason. Also, a lot of businesses use white cars, so I think they have a sort of "institutional" vibe to them!
Old 09-17-2007, 05:40 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

u can never go wrong with the monotone colors. black or white.

Only thing is that the black will show dirt a lot more...
Old 09-17-2007, 11:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: I didnt think it would be this hard to choose a color he

at first i thought i wanted to go with a white car after having a dark car and it being a pain, but after looking at them i like black sand pearl more.
BSP
i just dont like silver cars so it is out.
No Silver for those that missed it.
Keeping it clean i guess isnt that big of a deal i can allways clean it ,
Keeping it clean is not an issue for him.

As I said, it looks like you have answered your own question. I have seen no negative from the BSP owners either. So go for it.
Old 09-18-2007, 06:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: I didnt think it would be this hard to choose a color he

Keeping it clean i guess isnt that big of a deal i can allways clean it ,
Keeping it clean is not an issue for him.

As I said, it looks like you have answered your own question. I have seen no negative from the BSP owners either. So go for it.[/quote]

You took that out of context. I can allways clean it but getting swirl marks out and fine scratches that you would see soooo much more on a bsp is the problem, and i dont want to have to wax my car every week!
Old 09-18-2007, 07:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

After seeing this photo i really like white now....

I think im going with white. I think.... im just afraid im going to go to the dealer and change my mind again like last time.... sigh....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I didnt think it would be this hard to choose a color help..