View Full Version : What exhaust would u get?

bb_ist
09-17-2007, 05:47 PM
If or when they come out, which exhaust would u get? I'd get Tanabe. I mean, I already have Tanabe springs and stckers so.. might as well...

also they're quiet so I don't have to worry about cops puling me over

ScionFred
09-17-2007, 06:18 PM
I bought the TRD mainly because it was (is?) the only one available. IMO the TRD is a bit overpriced but it sounds good, isn't overly loud or raspy, adds a little power and the quality is great.

turboCoupe
10-07-2007, 06:30 PM
I'm lloking at the Greedy. not crazy about the tip on the TRD (thats why I didn't use the rear valance on my bodykit).

ididntdoit5150
10-07-2007, 08:05 PM
im still waiting for my magnaflow

whitebreadbox
10-08-2007, 12:19 AM
i didn't want to buy the TRD, so i bought a magnaflow race muffler and took it to the muffler shop. i found the best price for magnaflows at http://www.hottexhaust.com/ all in all, i spent a little under $200 and am very happy with it. just my 2c

AAG
10-08-2007, 01:00 AM
I hope someone like apexi comes out with a world sport exhaust or Rs-r (do they exist anymore). I want something that is super quiet since I'm not a fan of loud exhausts on 4 bangers.

Bigfieroman
10-08-2007, 03:24 AM
I hope someone like apexi comes out with a world sport exhaust or Rs-r (do they exist anymore). I want something that is super quiet since I'm not a fan of loud exhausts on 4 bangers.

I thought I was the only one!

I would love an exhaust and its benefits (mileage, power), but don't want something that is louder than stock. I hate the sound of a 4cyl.

ScionFred
10-08-2007, 06:40 AM
The TRD axle-back isn't cheap but IMO it has the sound AAG and Bigfieroman are talking about. Well, maybe it's not "super-quiet" but it certainly isn't loud or ricey sounding.

onemorescion
10-08-2007, 04:34 PM
I'm going with Tanabe for exhaust and suspension. Waiting for them to release their under brace and front strut.

AAG
10-10-2007, 02:11 PM
I've heard sound clips of the trd exhaust and its ok, but I want something super quiet (and a full catback exhaust). The only thing I want to hear is the trd CAI :D.

Hopefully some company will answer my wishes :silly:

Tanabe_USA
10-10-2007, 04:43 PM
Just giving you guys a heads up. The Tanabe Touring Medalion exhaust and Front Tower Bar should be released in a few months. We are still working on the Concept G Exhaust and Uncerbrace, so there is no set date on those products but we are working on them. So hang in there, we should be able to offer the Second Gen xB community some more options very soon.

ScionFred
10-10-2007, 05:11 PM
Maybe I'm missing something but what is the benefit of a full cat-back exhaust for the XB2? The section of pipe between the 2nd cat and the axle-back doesn't appear to be very restrictive.

NoLimitzBuilt
10-10-2007, 09:27 PM
I will be using Strup. It should be here in a little while. Since I am already using the Strup header on the xB. I really liked the header and exhaust I used on the tC. The pipe between the second cat and then axle back is very small pipe.

mnscionxb
10-11-2007, 01:11 AM
i think i would use a stock exhaust with a header.

lvbitwiz
10-11-2007, 01:54 AM
Just giving you guys a heads up. The Tanabe Touring Medalion exhaust and Front Tower Bar should be released in a few months. We are still working on the Concept G Exhaust and Uncerbrace, so there is no set date on those products but we are working on them. So hang in there, we should be able to offer the Second Gen xB community some more options very soon.

Less posting, more prototyping! :P

superwhitescion
10-20-2007, 05:36 PM
Borla Just came out with this.

http://www.borla.com/products/product_detail.aspx?prod_sku=11756

RichB
10-24-2007, 10:03 PM
I'm on the fence about this... would like some more power (is there a Dyno anywhere or any claims by TRD that the axle back adds any power???) and like others above would want it to be quiet/mellow as possible. On the other hand, how much can you gain from a axle back set-up??? Since the xB has the dual CAT set-up I would think the most gains would be had in a system that goes from the Mani back (with quality high-flow cats to keep the O2 sensors and OBDII engine management happy) or maybe a set-up that goes from the outlet of the first cat on back (this would just require one high-flow CAT in the system to save on cost).

coryjames
10-27-2007, 04:33 PM
so i ordered borla and then i found out its out of stock kinda retarded im going to try to get my money back and go to my local exhaust shop and do a magnaflow or a borla muffler maybe a aero but i dont want it to loud

Kilo
10-28-2007, 07:51 PM
the TRD is SWEET if you have the TRD CAI to go with it

coryjames
10-28-2007, 08:04 PM
you have the trd kilo you should do a video of it the only one i found was horible he didnt even rev it hard so it sounded like a honda kinda ___ imo

XD40tC
10-29-2007, 10:06 AM
Definitely Tanabe! If I could I would have kept the Concept G from my tC and put it on my box but Im just gonna wait to see what they come out with.

midgethearsexb
10-30-2007, 03:16 AM
TRD = Subtle, classy, unique, not ricey. It gives a nice deep sound, with a great look, and you get a warranty. It's big, but not too big. I have it, love it, and wouldn't recommend anything else. TRD FTW!

coryjames
11-02-2007, 11:36 PM
any one know where to get the trd on the cheap

fuqua
11-15-2007, 02:33 PM
this is the cheapest I have found so far http://www.trdsparks.com/

CIONIDE
11-15-2007, 03:13 PM
This is $20 cheaper, but I don't know what either of them charges for shipping:

https://www.shop.myscionwarehouse.com/categoryNavigationDocument.hg?categoryId=7

coryjames
11-15-2007, 08:03 PM
i ebayed it got it for 365 shipped bo ya

CIONIDE
11-15-2007, 10:45 PM
$386 door to door, nice job.

ScionFred
11-16-2007, 03:15 AM
I bought my TRD exhaust, sway bar and Scion security system from Sullivan Toyota and they were cheaper than anyone else, including TRDSparks. Their service was great, fast shipping and I would definitely buy from them again and recommend them. I bought when they were offering 5% off which they don't seem to do as often lately but their prices are still great.

http://stores.ebay.com/SCION-WAREHOUSE-TOYOTA-MALL

BTW, the TRD exhaust is sweet if you want deep and throaty sound vs loud and ricey.

CIONIDE
11-16-2007, 05:25 AM
The link I posted 4 above is Sullivan also, just not their eBay site. Prices are the same as they have on eBay, but coryjames found another eBay seller that was even $20 cheaper than Sullivan!

coryjames
11-17-2007, 12:48 AM
i got mine from sulivan just tell him you got a sale if you drop the shipping and he will do it i got it in today a hour ago got it on and already drove around
the sound is well not really there its quiet unless your behind it then it is really raspy and has a good tone without being dronny or over done i would say go for it not to mention its sexy

healthynine
11-17-2007, 01:12 AM
I'll probably get the TRD, however, I don't think I'd be able to resist if something comes out in titanium

coryjames
11-17-2007, 01:16 AM
the trd is sexy i just like the tip but i started my car up without the muffler and it wasnt even really that loud maybe if i replaced the resonator with a magnaflow one it would be a little louder and as soon as a header comes out with no cat it will sound alot better