Second Generation 2008-2015 [AZE151]

Ordered my TRD Air Filter

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 03:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Ordered my TRD Air Filter

Yesterday I ordered off TRD sparks the air filter for my xB. I read alot of mixed reviews on these type of filters which has me a little nervous, but from what I piece together, if you don't over-oil youll be fine. Im not expecting performance boost or whatnot with it, just a slightly improved feel which is reported.

Anybody have been using them and how you like them? (I have searched but not too much out there for the 2nd Gen).

Also, since it is a Toyota part and stuff if anything would happen (highly unlikely) it is covered by warrenty right? Or will they give me beef that they didnt install it?

Old 09-27-2007, 01:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Well it comes pre-oiled so you don't have to worry about that right away. It's a good idea to wipe the whole thing with a paper towel, that will soak up any large amounts of left over oil anywhere. I did that on my K&N drop in and there was a lot of excess around the rubber seal.

I also cut out the charcoal filter in the air box and re-routed the airbox hose down to the bumper on mine, so my results may be different. Seems like the throttle response is a little better and acceleration is a little smoother. It's an improvement, but nothing like a CAI obviously.
Old 10-01-2007, 02:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well I got mine in and drove around 400miles on it so far, and although there may be a TINY bit of mileage improvement, I do notice a slightly move aggressive engine when accelerating hard. It's slight though, but there....

Or, im just full of it and just want to believe it is doing something ;) Either way, it's looks very high quality and better then the K&N filter's I have seen *visually*.

Im happy! Hopefully my engine is too