Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Premium H\U Question

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 03:16 PM

Default Premium H\U Question

Hey everyone, I keep reading topics with questions about the Premium H\U however there is one thing I needed to know that I am having trouble finding anywhere and was wondering if somebody might know the answer or know how to find out. I just need to know the voltage the pre-amp outs push on the Premium H\U. I read somewhere it was 5 volts which is quite a bit for stock (even though this is a Premium stock unit) but I need to verify this before I start working on my car this afternoon, one of my amps can only take 4 volts in and I'm not quite sure exactly what would happen if I plug my amp in anyway however I've heard from one of my friends that over time it can backfeed power to the H\U and then I would have a chunk of fried H\U on my hands....
Old 10-15-2007, 09:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I don't know what the max output power is but you will not have any problems connecting it to your amp. It just means your gains will have to be set lower to get everything in sync.
Old 10-15-2007, 09:28 PM

I heard that it might cause circuitry damage however what I didn't think of is that the resistance from the wire I am using might decrease the voltage enough to use the amp. My friend is bringing a volt-meter to work tomorrow for me to test the voltage on my wires. I hope I can use my alpine amp because then I can get some sound other than bass in the back of my car, all my full range sounds are from the front doors.