Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen Owners Lounge
Second Generation 2008-2015 [AZE151]

small dent, but an annoying small dent........lol

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 10:50 PM

Default small dent, but an annoying small dent........lol

i got a small dent by my the passenger front wheel, front fender, and it just drives me crazy. the dent is only the size of a dime, but to me it is very noticeable especially when the car is all nice and clean!!! lol

how can i fix this little annoying dent? or any suggestions to hid it or something? lol
Old 10-15-2007, 11:10 PM

you can fill that dent in with the remains of my girlfriends feet if you want. She scratched the sh*# out of my glovebox this weekend with her fancy shoes on the way home from a night out. And to top it all off, when I confronted her about it, she tried to blame it on my poor mother.

WTF???
Old 10-15-2007, 11:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

for small dents in metal..... get yourself a small chunk of dry ice.... hold the dry ice (with a glove) for a few minutes on the dent... remove and let sit another 2-3 minutes w/o the dry ice on it.. if the dent does not come up all the way in one shot, repeat... the dry ice cools the metal and shrinks it = dent pops back into place and looks factory.
look
http://www.tricklife.com/view.php?id=458
Old 10-15-2007, 11:39 PM

Wow, great information IH8ONYU.... but where do i get dry ice from?

and "ominousinc" that story reminds me of the countless arguments i get in with my girlfriend about her not being careful with my car!
Old 10-15-2007, 11:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

now close to halloween, you can get dry ice at almost any grocery store.. you can also try party stores, and ice stores-try your yellow pages. another good place to look is any place that sells welding supplies, or compressed gasses. Airgas is a popular company. you can get dry ice on line, but you could probobly get a small bit of it for free if you ask your grocery store / fish market manager. lots of foods are shipped packed in dry ice, and they just chuck it, or let it evaporate. if you have to buy it, it is very very cheap...
if all you need it for is one tiny dent, go out for a little "trick or treat" and try to grab some from someone's porch display... though i don't recomend or endorse theft unless it is concearning big business, you could probobly score some really easy now that it is halloween time... try your local grocery store first... if you you have to buy some, take the leftover dry ice into your bathroom, run hot water through the sink, till it's really hot.... push/pull the stopper ( so no water can get out of the sink and fill the sink 1/2 way with hot water... now get yourself a glow stick, and your girlfriend / wife / mistress / adultress, whatever... and have them come in... shut the door... crack the glowstick/shake, and throw it into the sink with the hot water...
now dump the dry ice into the sink and watch it start to get foggy.... the fog will roll down, because it's heavy.... now kill the lights and make sexy time with your special lady and tell her to hum michael jackson's thriller whilst you are choppin away...

in all seriousness though, dry ice really does work very well to remove small dents... sometimes 2-3 applications is needed depending on how far in the metal is streached.
Old 10-16-2007, 05:51 AM
SL Member

Default see here

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...ight=rock+chip
Old 10-16-2007, 11:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by IH8ONYU
for small dents in metal..... get yourself a small chunk of dry ice.... hold the dry ice (with a glove) for a few minutes on the dent... remove and let sit another 2-3 minutes w/o the dry ice on it.. if the dent does not come up all the way in one shot, repeat... the dry ice cools the metal and shrinks it = dent pops back into place and looks factory.
look
http://www.tricklife.com/view.php?id=458
A similar effect can be had by holding a hair dryer, on the hot setting, on and around the dented area for about five minutes. Then, immediately take a can of air (the type used to blow keyboards off), hold it upside down, and blast the dented area with it for 30 seconds. Same principle as described above, except you don't need dry ice.

Dan.
Old 10-16-2007, 02:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Wow, I was gonna say call a paintless dent repair company! I've never heard of any of these. I guess you really do learn something new everyday!
Old 10-16-2007, 02:59 PM

that is great information!! i was gonna get ready to start calling some people to find out how much it is to fix. Hopefully one of those ideas work....you guys are gonna save me some money..... i learn new things every day

thank you

Old 10-16-2007, 04:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ominousinc
you can fill that dent in with the remains of my girlfriends feet if you want. She scratched the sh*# out of my glovebox this weekend with her fancy shoes on the way home from a night out.
LOL - my girl did the same thing and has these ____ing quirks where she scratches things, doesnt care for them, etc etc etc. are all girls like this? my girl put her feet on the dash of my brand new gen 1 box (almost 2 years ago) and she put a huge ____ing like 8" scratch right on the face of the glove box doing that. i look at that scratch all the time and it annoys the **** out of me.
Old 10-16-2007, 05:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

for scratches in the plastic trim on your box.... i haven't tried this, but have heard that it works great. another member posted this a while back..

get yourself a small peice of leather with a tecture that is close to the texture of say the glove box.. i have a leather jacket that i use when i ride my harley, matches the texture almost exactly... now take your hairdryer /heat gun outside and slowly and gently heat up the scratch untill it gets a tiny bit soft.. if you are using a heat gun, proboby 3-4 secsonds is good.... once the scratch is heated, take your leather and press it into the scratch, the texture of the leather will hide the scratch, and the heat will help soften the plastic enough to hide it. you may have to do 2 passes to get it to blend properly, but i have heard this work like nothing other.
if you want to do a search, search for interior scratch removal in this site, and i am sure the original post will come up.
Old 10-17-2007, 03:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Damn, it's like the Martha Stewart of car repair! BTW the scratch repair works great
Old 10-17-2007, 02:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^ hahaha - it's a good thing!
Old 01-12-2008, 11:46 AM
5 Year Member

i can vouch for the canned air one. it actually works on most dents. try it.. first time seeing the dry ice method.