Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

NonStopTuning Pulley Kits

Old 10-26-2007, 04:35 AM
SL Member

Default NonStopTuning Pulley Kits

2008 xB pulleys from NonStopTuning.

http://www.nonstoptuning.com/pKitToySciXB.htm
Old 10-26-2007, 04:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I love the claim of increased HP in underdriven pulleys...

It's a gain from efficiency, the engine is still making the same HP. Then again, I suppose any gains "felt" are still gains.
Old 10-27-2007, 09:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Lower hp loss = higher hp at crank and wheels. Although probably not the 7-10hp NST claims.
Old 10-27-2007, 04:42 PM

has anybody ordered the NST pulleys? Or is anybody planning to? I don't know very much about NST Do they have a good reputation?
Old 10-27-2007, 06:05 PM
SL Member

NST has a good reputation on the tC forum, alot of people use NST pulleys
Old 10-27-2007, 08:07 PM

I never thought to look up pulley threads on the TC forum, thanks for giving me the idea. after reading up on the pulley i think ill look for another way to get a handfull of wheel horsepower out of my box...don't really wanna take the chance of nuking an oil pump chain or spinning a bearing. thanks for the post M3RS!
Old 10-27-2007, 08:38 PM
SL Member

Alright, yeah I was looking at the tc forum becuase I own a tc
Old 10-28-2007, 08:16 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Replacing OEM crank pulleys with aftermarket units has been a very popular mod in the Scion world over the past few years.

Here is just a little bit of information for you regarding NST (NonStopTuning) and our products...

My name is Mike and I am president of NST. Please feel free to look for me on AOL Instant Messenger at the screen name NSTonAIM should you have any questions, I would be more than happy to chat with any of you.

NST is a company that specializes in building pulley kits. Take a look around our website and you will see that we have over 100 different pulley kits listed for Toyota, Scion, Honda, Nissan, VW, etc.

NST has been the leader is sport compact pulley development over the past few years, often being the first to release pulleys for new platforms.

NST currently offers more pulley options for the Toyota 2AZ (tC, xB) thank all of our competition combined! We offer everything from underdrive, to light weight, to supercharger pulley options.

I think it is a pretty safe bet to say that more people on the tC forums use NST kits than any other brand. A quick search in the tC forums will easilly validate this claim.

Here are a few of the things that set us apart from our competition...

NST...
is the only company that supplies full kits for the Scion market,
is the only company offering crank pulleys at a low $110 MSRP,
is the only company that builds hard anodized pulleys for exceptional durability,
is the only company that offers you color options when it comes to YOUR pulley,
is the only company that has the president on AIM 7 days a week ready to answer any and all your questions about anything NST related!
etc etc etc!!!

You can purchase NST products from any of the following sources...
www.NonStopTuning.com
www.Garage1217.com
www.MicroImageOnline.com

Many thanks to those of you who have supported our brand and our products over the past few years, we certainly do appreciate it. Good luck and have fun with all your projects!
Old 10-28-2007, 08:30 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

From www.NonStopTuning.com ...

Think of it this way, underdrive means to slow down. Underdrive crank pulleys found at NonStopTuning are designed to slow down engine accessories and reduce parasitic loss.

Crank pulleys, attached to the outside of the crankshaft, are the source of power for a car's accessories. The alternator, power steering, water pump, and air conditioner are all belt driven units, attached to the crank pulley, that use horsepower from an engine to provide their own services. This draw of power by these accessories is called parasitic loss. NST underdrive crank pulleys increase an engine's horsepower by reducing the power required to drive these external accessories. By replacing factory pulleys with carefully resized units, the accessories are slowed enough so that their performance does NOT suffer, but just enough so that more horsepower is sent to the wheels and put to the ground. Where horsepower should be!

The R&D team at NST is dedicated to developing underdrive crank pulleys that provide great gains for track days and continue to deliver proper accessory output for everyday street use.

NST equipped cars do better on the track, benefit from increased accessory life on the street, and also deliver better mile-per-gallon fuel efficiency.

Again, please feel free to look for me on AIM at the screen name NSTonAIM should you wish to chat further about any of these topics, I would be more than happy to chat with any of you. You can also post your questions here and I would be happy to respond to them when I can.
Old 10-28-2007, 08:38 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

And regarding the issue of long term reliability and long term effects of NST crank pulley use.

PLEASE take a few minutes to look through the following thread that your own fellow board members have kept as a log over the past couple years...

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...=pulley+owners

More than 30 pages as of this reply, many many pulley owners' first hand experiences, and nothing but positive responses. Please take a few minutes to read through the thread and make your own decision based on real facts based on real experiences.

Thanks again, good luck and have fun with all your projects!
Old 10-28-2007, 11:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Dang man that is some great info!

Guys I started selling NST pulleys after useing them for years on high reving 4ag series race motors. Most all the crap you hear on the net is hearsay and just spewed out as myths over time. Every car I own except my 4runner has NST pulleys. Rest assured your motor will not grenade, pumps will not suddenly fail, bearings will not implode or any of the other bs. If you do the fine reseach you will see no one on scionlife has had issues running pulleys and you will be very hard pressed to find anything on the net other than "I have heard of issues" but no that has had anything happen to them. NST pulleys are precision built and will free up more hp and allow quicker revs throughout the powerband. Very good mod for the money. If I felt they could cause an issue after all the years of running them, do you think I would have them on my own cars..? *LOL* Great product!
Old 10-29-2007, 02:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

oh hell yea! NST FTMFW baby! NEVER BUY PULLYS FROM ANYONE ELSE OR YOUR CAR WILL BLOW UP i <3 these guys (no homo)
Old 10-29-2007, 02:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

definitely check out that pulley owners thread. tons of testimonials on there and it's all been positive!
Old 10-29-2007, 02:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionTific
SL Member

I use NST pulleys in both my tC (443 whp) and my Toyota Yaris (107 whp, lol).

Awesome product, very high quality, enough that we added it to our product line at G2 Autosports.
Old 11-03-2007, 12:14 AM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The following thread will be up now through Sunday. Just in case any of you are interested...

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=198808

Many thanks everyone, good luck and have fun with all your projects!

Old 11-15-2007, 04:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

why dont you just do the $88.00 and let us send you with paypal and leave out ebay
then you dont have to pay ebay .
Old 11-15-2007, 08:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

nonstop pulleys if you sold a bunch at 88 i bet you would get cleared out see i work and when you posted this they were all gone and i really really really want one
Old 11-16-2007, 03:38 AM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hi guys,

Thank you for your interest in our site and products, I certainly do appreciate it.

Unfortunately these were prices that were available only for one weekend. This was a special sale that we usually run only once a year. These are not typical prices. The auctions went up for one weekend and were then gone. Everyone was given the same chance to bid and pick one up.

You can buy these crank pulleys for our every day price of $110 on our website, www.NonStopTuning.com
Please check our pricing and compare with our competition. You will find that our $110 price tag is the LOWEST on the market compared to any of the other brands. In addition to the lowest prices we offer you the highest quality, best performance, color options to choose from, and excellent customer service via posting here, PMs, Email, IMs, etc.

Thanks again everyone, good luck and have fun with your projects!

Old 11-16-2007, 03:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I can hold off till next year
Old 11-16-2007, 06:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

What are the "gains" in just the lighter pulley? Not under or overdriven?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: NonStopTuning Pulley Kits