View Full Version : Really rough idle problem?

SixScionSix
11-17-2007, 07:30 PM
Whats up everybody.

So I am wondering if any other new Xb owners are experiencing anything like the rough idle issue I have. If not, any insight would be apperciated. :)

My problem is this, when my xb reaches its low idle of 500 RPM I get a really rough sound from the engine. The idle sound is bad enough to resonate quite loudly in the cabin and can be heard even above music playing at 20-25 volume.

At first I thought the sound only happened in the early morning when the engine was cold but then I noticed it happening last night at stops, parking, ect (but again only at the 500-550 rpm mark).

Anyone know what this could be/seriousness/if I should have it looked at? Please let me know.

Thanks
-Will

P.S. I have read aout the hood vibration issue some have had. This is definitely not the problem. (I have opened the hood and listened to the idle)

matt311
11-17-2007, 11:52 PM
how many miles ya got?

mine did it for a little while... then i fixed the hood like you said.. and it helped. then after about 1000 miles it stoped all together... unless maybe you have the A/C on ... all 4 cy's do that!!

superboxcarxb
11-18-2007, 08:29 AM
i changed to synthetic oil and my rough idle was gone. Plus my oil was a very dark red when i changed it, almost black, nasty....Now that i changed it, magic, no more rough idle.

jamessicat25
11-18-2007, 08:39 AM
i have that problem in my tC right now... when i stop to 0mph the car shakes and then went i move at least a little bit, like 1mph.. it goes away

SixScionSix
11-19-2007, 01:12 AM
Yea, odo is sitting at about 800 miles right now. I figure if I can get some time after the Thanksgiving holiday I will get it looked at.

The problem is not related to the AC being on. I dont think ive ever even used it . :)

matt311
11-19-2007, 01:16 AM
800 miles? .. ahh i wouldnt worry about it then... it will go away.

mine did the same thing around then... hasnt been back since..