Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

My xB (56k sorry)

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 04:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default My xB (56k sorry)

So I've been posting here and there in this forum and now i can actually show something. So here it is, from the dealership to now.... (about 2 weeks)
the way it came

with some exteriorworkage

th
lowering springs and the sway bar

the sport muffler

New H/U (kenwood dnx7100 w/ the bluetooth)

the 4 channel alpine v12 amp. it's mounted under the passengers seat... when the chair is back you can't even see the thing!

The two mono amps in the rear trey. It gets a little hot in there so we are planning on mounting some fans in there... probably going to drill some holes and create a suck and blow type of deal... heh that sounds kinda dirty! oh and the speaker wire is going under the foam as well

here are the subs.. 12" alpine type r's. these things freakn' pound!!!!

And to top it off a nice ___ pic of me right after i got off work

I also have crossfire x6 6.5's in each door.. next time i have the panels off i will snap some pics!
Hope everyone likes my new ride and thank you for all of the insight and tips i have pulled from this site!
Old 11-27-2007, 04:52 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC

SL Member

looking good, done a lot of work on it, keep it up.
Old 11-27-2007, 05:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That's a nice clean xB bro. First BSP I've seen with TRD wheels. Good combo. Nice stereo/amp/sub action too!
Old 11-27-2007, 05:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

my girlfriend is sitting here with me and she came across this pic....

She's like "aww baby you look cute in this one. You should show all of your Internet friends." i was like no babe that's ___. then i posted it. freakn' girls!!!

i just thought these ones were sick!

Try to keep the flaming to a minimum... i know i set my self up big time!
Old 11-27-2007, 05:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by steve_c

Your xB is looking good!

As to posting in accordance with the girlfriend's (or wife's as applicable) wishes, think of it as showing maturity and judgment beyond your years.
Making the girlfriend/wife irl happy makes you invincible against the flammage of the nerdy/never-had-a-girlfriend/wife "Internet Friends".
Old 11-27-2007, 05:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

looking good man.. is the white si urs also?
Old 11-27-2007, 06:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by roXor_boXor
Originally Posted by steve_c

Your xB is looking good!

As to posting in accordance with the girlfriend's (or wife's as applicable) wishes, think of it as showing maturity and judgment beyond your years.
Making the girlfriend/wife irl happy makes you invincible against the flammage of the nerdy/never-had-a-girlfriend/wife "Internet Friends".
yeah i'm only 22 but i have figured out how it works! (well enough to skate by and mod the crap out of my car without getting crap for it!)

btw thanks to you i have to buy HID's and freakn' fog lights!! you xB looks sooo good!
Old 11-27-2007, 06:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by keenoh
looking good man.. is the white si urs also?
No the si is my buddy blake's... he is soooo jealous because i have nav and a big system... i drive on the street behind his house with my system up and my windows down just to rub it in a little more! it's all in fun though.. btw that si is an awesome little ride. In case you havn't noticed i'm kind of a large dude but if i could of fit in that thing i probably wold of really considered it when i was looking for a new car
Old 11-27-2007, 06:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

looks good man... try taking your pic with a tripod and try setting your camera at manual mode then play around with the settings... the pic should come out better, not that im saying your pic was in any way bad... try to minimize the flash too. other than that, looks good... good luck with future mods.
Old 11-27-2007, 02:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wow.. looks great! Loving that kenwood deck too.. do you still have your steering wheel controls?? i want one now.. jh
Old 11-27-2007, 03:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Alpine and Kenwood, nice
Please the gf, she'll please you back, no one on here will (nor would you want them to!)
PS. Keep your foot out of the pics
Old 11-27-2007, 03:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Definatly loving those TRD wheels...especially with the drop. Nice look man, really clean.
Old 11-29-2007, 03:40 AM

Default Nice

Hey do you have your steering radio up and running on that kenwood. If so did you do it yourself. I have the same model stereo the 8019 and I was wondering if you used the PAC controler for the controls or what if you do have them working.

Thanks a bunch
Old 11-29-2007, 03:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

looks good!
Old 11-29-2007, 06:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Nice

Originally Posted by brentw59
Hey do you have your steering radio up and running on that kenwood. If so did you do it yourself. I have the same model stereo the 8019 and I was wondering if you used the PAC controler for the controls or what if you do have them working.

Thanks a bunch
Currently no. I was in a hurry to put the H/U in because i was going on a long trip and wanted the nav feature. I have the PAC interface thing sitting here, well in the garage, just haven't put it in yet. As far as doing it myself, that's what great friends are for. From what i've heard it's a bit of a pain to install. To tell you the truth though, i have really gotten use to using the remote. I sometimes put my ipod on shuffle and just click away. also, i rest my wrist on the shifter and my fingers touch the volume controls and the mute button. (just in case mr. po-po is around.) From what i understand the controls of the PAC are fairly limited but we'll see once i get it installed. You might want to try to just get use to remote. i dno though just my 2cents!

unrelated completely but today i was at a stoplight and a suburban rolls up next to me bumping his system. I looked at him and he kind of gave me the "yeah im the shiznit" look and i just smiled and turned up my volume.. he ended up turning instead of going straight. i think he was a little embarrassed

I love this car!
Old 12-05-2007, 01:16 AM
SL Member

That's a nice xB! I really do like 'em! Awesome job! I like 'em so much that I might trade my tC in for one or just pick up one! (once I finish my damn payments!!) Nice rims too!
Old 12-06-2007, 07:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Did you get your Kenwood from a store or online? Have you used the bluetooth option at all? How well does it work if you have? I'm looking to get that Kenwood for my xD actually but most likely not until next year. Any info on how it works for you would be great
Old 12-07-2007, 03:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hey i really like the alpine amp under the passenger seat! i have been looking for a mono amp that fits under there for a really long time!! i checked the specs and the 4 channel and the mono amp are about the same size.

first,how did you mount the amp under the passenger seat? second, is there any gap around the amp? like between the front and rear of the amp cause the amp is .3inches deeper.

thanks, mike
Old 12-07-2007, 03:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^^ we just kind of mounted it at an angle. you can't really tell. the only problem that i had was when cranked the amp would shut off from time to time due to the fact that the floor mat was touching the heat sync and fins.. once i mover the mat i haven't had any problems.
Old 12-07-2007, 04:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

how is it mounted? it looks like it just sits there... if it just lays there it might slide around a lot seeing the way i drive.....

Quick Reply: My xB (56k sorry)