View Full Version : Burning smell from OEM TRD EXHAUST

majahsun01
12-10-2007, 07:18 AM
I just got my 2008 XB on friday.
But I noticed that there is a weird smell from the muffler.
after I drive around, I smell somthing burnig from my muffler.
Dose anybody have that kind of problem?
Can it be the rust proof (ZILLON) chemical that they had applied?

tuckerdwz2025
12-10-2007, 02:32 PM
I have an 05 and I noticed a smell like that when I put my trd on as well it only lasted a day or two, I just figured it was some sort of polish or something like that, but after it burned off I haven't smelt it since. Just check and make sure its not hitting the bumper anywhere and you should be fine.

joeyjoexb
12-10-2007, 03:47 PM
I have an 05 and I noticed a smell like that when I put my trd on as well it only lasted a day or two, I just figured it was some sort of polish or something like that, but after it burned off I haven't smelt it since. Just check and make sure its not hitting the bumper anywhere and you should be fine.

htucker hit it right on the nose most companies put an oily polish on their exhaust parts to make them look thier best and to prevent damage such as rust or scratching during shipping and it takes a day or two to burn off and semll normal.

SiXX
12-11-2007, 02:14 AM
Yup... what he said.

steve_c
12-11-2007, 03:00 AM
kinda smells like toasted marshmallows! at least that's what the girlfirend said

fuqua
12-11-2007, 03:38 AM
I have owned many and they all do that

draxcaliber
12-11-2007, 03:49 AM
yeah, it is like when i was NJROTC, the belt buckles had a coating on them that we had to remove before we could properly polish them for inspections. i think it was called "quartermaster keeper" or something. basically a sort coating to keep the brass shiny so it didn't dull and tarnish while staying in storage or something.