View Full Version : hks axle back hi power exhaust question...

cincinfocal
12-13-2007, 08:05 PM
so this is the kind of exhaust im lookin to put on the box (i know it might be low...but yeah :p) does anyone know how far off is the one for the tc from the xB2?

bb_ist
12-13-2007, 08:17 PM
it's going to be completely differnt. The engine may be the same, but the chassis is differnt so..

I don't knonw if HKS is coming out with an axle back for 2nd gen's but personally, I think it's really difficult to attatch big muffler on 2nd gens due to the bumper and exhaust pipe diagram

cincinfocal
12-13-2007, 08:28 PM
just checked the bottom views on the scion site...i dont think so :p

cincinfocal
12-15-2007, 06:24 PM
so does anyone know of how to get a hold of hks and ask about product availability? i would like to have the axle back like this...

AAG
12-19-2007, 10:09 PM
Man if HKS came out with an exhaust for us (hi-power) I would definetly think about getting one. :pray:

cincinfocal
12-19-2007, 11:23 PM
man im still hopin that they do...otherwise...ill propably be without one for a long time...

BFDBOX
01-10-2008, 06:39 AM
it's going to be completely differnt. The engine may be the same, but the chassis is differnt so..

I don't knonw if HKS is coming out with an axle back for 2nd gen's but personally, I think it's really difficult to attatch big muffler on 2nd gens due to the bumper and exhaust pipe diagram

Its actually quite simple under there, but your right it is different than the tc setup of course. Give it some time, not much after market stuff yet for our cars anyway. Hks will come out with something eventually. My opinion...

whitebreadbox
01-11-2008, 10:28 PM
you could just buy the same muffler that the TC axle back has (not the whole axle back) and take it to a local muffler shop, have them cut out the stock right before the muffler starts and graft it in. i did it with a magnaflow muffler and it came out great. no real sound difference (until my strup header gets here) but i do have a bit of a clearance issue on steep driveways, but it leaves no damage that can be seen by looking at it.

BFDBOX
01-11-2008, 11:27 PM
you could just buy the same muffler that the TC axle back has (not the whole axle back) and take it to a local muffler shop, have them cut out the stock right before the muffler starts and graft it in. i did it with a magnaflow muffler and it came out great. no real sound difference (until my strup header gets here) but i do have a bit of a clearance issue on steep driveways, but it leaves no damage that can be seen by looking at it.

true that

06scioxb
01-18-2008, 05:12 PM
i should be installing a HKS hi power muffler but it will include some carbon fiber and a saw to make it look good will post pix in about a week