Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Stock Scion DVD Headrests

Old 01-20-2008, 12:35 AM

Default Stock Scion DVD Headrests

So today I got bored and tore apart the dvd headrest and integrated them into my current system so now when I play a dvd on my head unit it will play over the the stock headrest monitors. You can still watch something seperate. The wireless headsets still work but if you want the same thing on all three you can. I have a Kenwood DDX8019 headunit. Oh yeah you can watch Ipod videos over the headrest monitors also basically whatever will video out off the headunit you can watch on the headrest monitors.
Old 05-01-2008, 06:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Stock Scion DVD Headrests

Originally Posted by brentw59
So today I got bored and tore apart the dvd headrest and integrated them into my current system so now when I play a dvd on my head unit it will play over the the stock headrest monitors. You can still watch something seperate. The wireless headsets still work but if you want the same thing on all three you can. I have a Kenwood DDX8019 headunit. Oh yeah you can watch Ipod videos over the headrest monitors also basically whatever will video out off the headunit you can watch on the headrest monitors.
Hey Brent, can you please give me more insight how you did this? My competent car installer said that since my stock Scion LCDs did not have any inputs or outputs, he could not figure out a way to integrate them with my Pioneer Avic D3 in the front. I am using an 80G Ipod Video that hooks into my D3, but it really sucks not being about to output to the 2 rear LCDs.

Can you please help me out so I can tell my installer exactly what you did. I am looking forward to hearing from you OR anyone else that knows how to do this.

BTW, I saw your post back here too, but never really got an answer from you... Was it difficult to do?

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...606&highlight=