Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Strup Headers

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 05:34 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
AlphaSquad
SL Member

Default Strup Headers

I have the strup headers in stock and the website is up and running. I also have the CEL eliminators in stock. If you have any questions feel free to PM me.

www.nolimitzind.com
Old 01-22-2008, 06:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

quick question what is needed for a pain free install? from what i understand just the header and the "L" shape CEL eliminator and a lot of elbow grease right?

thanks much!
Old 01-22-2008, 06:16 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
AlphaSquad
SL Member

actually not bad at all. Takes about a hour to do. As for products, yes the header and CEL eliminator.
Old 01-22-2008, 10:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Utah Scions
SL Member

Default Re: Strup Headers

Originally Posted by NoLimitzInd
I have the strup headers in stock and the website is up and running. I also have the CEL eliminators in stock. If you have any questions feel free to PM me.

www.nolimitzind.com
Since we're both mini truckers and I think you're from Negative Camber.... Want to hook up a Severed Ties kid?
Old 01-22-2008, 11:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by miketf1
quick question what is needed for a pain free install? from what i understand just the header and the "L" shape CEL eliminator and a lot of elbow grease right?

thanks much!
And some decent jack stands (or a lift) and have a Ujoint on hand there is one nut on the header that's a bit of a hassle to get off (far left one). and the CEL is simple to install if you pull the S pipe. Have fun
Old 01-22-2008, 11:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by lvbitwiz
And some decent jack stands (or a lift) and have a Ujoint on hand there is one nut on the header that's a bit of a hassle to get off (far left one). and the CEL is simple to install if you pull the S pipe. Have fun
couldnt i just put the CEL on before sliding it in? that seems like easiest way...

sorry another question... anyone experiment with hi-flow cats? im afraid that this header combined with a custom muffler would sound like the most rice thing on the street. resonator/hi-flow cat tips?
Old 01-22-2008, 11:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Utah Scions
SL Member

couldnt i just put the CEL on before sliding it in? that seems like easiest way...

sorry another question... anyone experiment with hi-flow cats? im afraid that this header combined with a custom muffler would sound like the most rice thing on the street. resonator/hi-flow cat tips?
coryjames has!!!
Old 01-23-2008, 12:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

dude, the CEL goes after the header, not on it
Old 01-23-2008, 12:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

my thinking/imaginary install was to remove the old header from the bottom. and while i am down there just install the CELe and slide the new header in while down there. its a two man job to make sure that i dont scratch this new investment but it seems like the right way for me...
Old 01-23-2008, 01:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

my thinking/imaginary install was to remove the old header from the bottom. and while i am down there just install the CELe and slide the new header in while down there. its a two man job to make sure that i dont scratch this new investment but it seems like the right way for me...
I'm not sure you can pull it out from the bottom. but I had to pull the S pipe because the cel is pretty big and you can't turn it. it's only two more bolts. Then again, I was working solo (and trusting jackstands from....harbor freight! )
Old 01-23-2008, 02:49 AM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
AlphaSquad
SL Member

It is actually easy. Here is how to do it in a small version. Let the motor cool all the way. Take the heat shield off the factory manifold. Take and disconnect the wiring for the 02 sensor. Take and brake the sensor loose from the header. Much easier to do on the vehicle. Dont take it out yet though. Loosen the 10mm bolts that hold the manifold to the block. Dont take them out yet either. Then with the vehicle in the air and held by jackstands. Dont be dumb here. SAFETY FIRST. Slide under the vehicle and take the 2 14mm bolts out of the header where it meets the S pipe. There is also 2 brackets that hold the stock manifold to the motor. Take those out. You will not be needing them. Now go back up and take the 10 mm bolts out of the manifold and pull the header up and out of the motor. Now you will need to pull the 02 sensor out of the manifold all the way now and install it in the header. You will see why I said break it loose while it was still attached to the motor. You will need to slide the factory donut off the end of the manifold also and slide it on the new one.
Slide back under and unplug the second 02 sensor and take the 2 14mm bolts out of the back of the S Pipe and pull it out. Take the sensor out now and put the CEL peice in there. I did not tighten mine down yet. Put the sensor in the CEL peice and slide back under and install the S pipe back in there. Now you can adjust the CEL peice to where it does not hit anything and tighten it back down and plug the sensor back in. Done with the S pipe now.
Grab the header and slide it in from the top and put a couple of the 10mm bolts in to hold it there. Get all the bolts in there and decently tight now. Climb back under and fit the S pipe and the header together now and put back in the 14mm bolts in and tighten them down. Look around and make sure that everything is tight and out of the way under the vehicle and you should be done down there.
Go back to the top and tighten all the 10mm bolts down and finish tightening the Sensor down and plug it back in. Take a quick look around again and make sure all is good. Make sure and clean the header so the finger prints do not burn into it. Start it up and check for any leaks. You can slide under it if you still have it up and check there also.
Take it for a test drive. The CEL should not come on now. Take it on the freeway for alittle while to make sure. That is when it will come on if it is going to.

I hope this helps.
Old 01-23-2008, 03:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^^^^^^^^yeah, like that. For grins and giggles I kept a code reader handy for about a week after installing the cel eliminator. no codes. Course my wife thinks I'm insane, but she's thought that since seeing me drill into my hatch for my spoiler
Old 08-18-2008, 07:41 AM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

finally put my header in... had it for so long from charlie... but never took the time to install it..

thanks to No Limits for the fast service on the Cell Eliminator that also been sitting for so long also..

I have step by step pics of the install tookme about 30 min to install!!! yup 30 min!!! very easy!

Old 09-01-2008, 01:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I've got a sort of related question. I've got a xB2, and am running the Strup header, and love it. Someone has told me that by removing the stock manifold, which had a/the cat built in to it? that my xB2 will no longer pass emissions testing.

Anyone know if this is true, and that I'll have to reinstall the original equipment before going to emissions testing. Thats going to be a PITA if true, and MAY just make me permanently remove the my header.

ANYONE?
Old 09-01-2008, 07:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yes. the stock header is also a catalytic converter. the big companies have been doing this for a while because by having the cat so close to the exhaust ports it would light up faster during cold starts where the engine pollutes the most.

if you run an aftermarket header you are removing a piece of emissions control and there for it is race only and not street legal. same with the intake. you remove the evaporation valve and therefore make any intake (except TRD) not street legal.

also if you didnt know it says on the strup header instructions in bold that the header is race only and not street legal.. FYI for those that threw away the instructions along with the packing material.