Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

sound ystem help and design?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2008, 04:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default sound ystem help and design?

Well i am ordering my scion should have it tuesday hopefully with simple mods to it. I have my sports car that i dump true money and power into to. Its a 3000gt but this car i got for good mileage and the room. Now i plan on doin a massive sound system something like 4000 watts plus witha cerwin vega stroker amazing subs!!!. I am just trying to think of something good and custom people can think up me and my brother are gunna do it and we can do a lot everything from carpet to fiberglass. So if anyone has any good ideas please help me out im really interested in something unquie haha. !! thanks kyle to everyone who doesnt know me and im excited for the new change!
Old 02-03-2008, 05:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well, what's your budget? I mean, if mac and cheese is the norm for dinner let's talk walmart
Old 02-04-2008, 02:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well my budget is pretty limitless. Not that i am loaded but when i have a idea on something i wanna do and if i am set on that thing to do i save up until i can get it all. m just trying to think of a nice design but yet clean
Old 02-04-2008, 02:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ooooo limitless spending *drool* park that sucker in a garage, gut it and order up the dynamat! Once youre done with that, come back and I'm sure many of us will give you helpful hints on spending
Old 02-04-2008, 03:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

SecondSkin Damplifier Pro if I had unlimited budget for sound deadening.
What HU are you looking for? NAV, no NAV? Expandability options (XM, BT, etc)
Front comps
Rear fill?
Amp(s)
Sub stage...
Old 02-04-2008, 04:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by uberspeed
SecondSkin Damplifier Pro if I had unlimited budget for sound deadening.
What HU are you looking for? NAV, no NAV? Expandability options (XM, BT, etc)
Front comps
Rear fill?
Amp(s)
Sub stage...

Ooo..speaking of Sub stage, do you really need your back seat?
Old 02-04-2008, 11:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Haha ok maybe not that crazy. It is limitless to a point but im not guna go all crazy. This isnt my vehicle to do that to i got another car for that. But right now im looking for some crazy designs and unique me and my brother in law have already started thinking some stuff up but the more the better haha
Old 02-04-2008, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by oreoremix42
Haha ok maybe not that crazy. It is limitless to a point but im not guna go all crazy. This isnt my vehicle to do that to i got another car for that. But right now im looking for some crazy designs and unique me and my brother in law have already started thinking some stuff up but the more the better haha
The first question is: show-system, or stealth? That is, do you want to keep 99% of the daily usability of the car, or so long as you and a passenger can sit you're fine?

For the amps, if you want them hidden, I suggest under the rear seat: cut out the tray (except the lip for show) and the amps can fit if you place them correctly, provided they're 13x9 or smaller. (I got my 2 JLs under there after reworking/rewiring it) If you go completely custom, a side-mounted one that lets you keep your spare is probably even better, but those are rare and expensive at this point.

Head unit, Avic-D3 is a good budget HU, but with more $$, I suggest the Clarion (I dunno what their new model is...785? I got the max675vdII which is now discontinued. ) The 675 earned CeNET's editor's choice, and can do XM, Sirius, Bluetooth, has a killer iPod interface, double-din touch-screen, HD-nav-addon, etc etc.

Besides the head unit, the sub, speakers, and amps are a matter of personal bias/preference. I prefer Polk (Momo components in front, Momo coax in back) speakers, JL (300/4 and 500/1) amps, and...well, I go with whatever sub sounds best/fits my needs most accurately/etc - the EDesigns 13k.v2 and underfloor box at this time.

Other than seeing the Cap (yes, zomg, I'm a newb who used a cap) and the Nav HD under each of the 2 front seats from the side, everything else is hidden. My passengers have full foot/leg room, and my cargo area is 100% usable. The only thing I "lost" was my map-trays under the rear seats, which aren't useful because I have the nav anywho. Oh, and a bit of space in my glovebox for the Sirius.