Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

RS3200 install this weekend!

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 03:43 AM

Default RS3200 install this weekend!

Well I install the RS3200 plus security system on the xB2 this weekend! Very easy install using TRDSparks directions. I ran into a problem when I was done while doing the system check. The alarm works as far as using the key to arm and disarm. But when I manually unlock the car by reaching in the window and trying to put the key in the ignition and turn it to "START" it is suppose to turn off the alarm. It does not do anything the alarm keeps alarming and I have to take the key out of the ignition and hit the disarm button. any idea on whats up or what I need to do. any info on this matter is greatly apprecieated!

Thanks Jay
Old 02-11-2008, 02:07 PM

41 views and no one knows anything about the stock alarm system? Please any help with this matter is greatly apprecieated!

Thanks Jay
Old 02-11-2008, 02:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

is it disarmed when u reach in the window to unlock it
Old 02-11-2008, 05:19 PM

Negative Ghostrider! Thanks for the reply but it is not deactivated upon unlocking the door from the outside reaching in and manually unlocking the door. The alarm is sounding,lights flashing the whole nine. according to the directions of the funtion test when you sit in the drivers seat and put the key in the ignition and turn it to "START" it should turn it off. But it does not do!

Thanks Jay
Old 02-11-2008, 07:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Echo
SL Member

Do you have a wiring diagram for the alarm you could post up? I think I might know the problem, but would need to see that diagram to be sure. Sometimes there's a thin ignition wire(not the one for the remote start harness) and that would need to be hooked up to the ignition wire aswell so that it knows the key is in the ignition. Many people overlook it when installing and have the same problem.
Old 02-12-2008, 02:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If you are reaching in through an open window and turning the key to run without hitting unlock on your transmitter the alarm will defintiely trigger. If it didn't do that a thief could simply break a window, climb in the car, turn the key and hit the road. What you are explaining is the the same way any aftermarket alarm will respond.
Old 02-12-2008, 02:53 AM

Thanks bigpapa for the reply but I guess noone hear understands what I am trying to say. The best way I can reexplain it is...I believe the alarm is made to have a fail safe (Valet Button) by using the key to turn off the alarm when it is actually sounding. For instance if my remote broke/dead battery/ect I still could turn off the alarm by placing the key in the ignition and turning it to "START". The install paper work said so on page 20 checklist point 10 of the TRDSparks install sheet.

Please someone that has installed this system please respond!

thanks Jay
Old 02-12-2008, 02:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

To do a valet overide on most alarm systems it takes the key in the run position AND a valet switch. For instance, on a Viper alarm.....if your alarm triggers and you lost your remote you can enter the car with your key, insert the key into the ignition cylinder and turn it to run, then press the valet button a certain number of times. As long as you have the valet switch connected and the ignition input to the alarm connected valet overide should work.
Old 02-12-2008, 04:18 PM

Thanks for your reply bigpapa but you are obviously not reading the install instructions which I refered you to. I said that according to the system function test it says to "Manually unlock the doors form the outside reaching in" "Sit in the Drivers seat" "Place the Key in the ignition and turn it to "START"" This should then stop the horn from honking repeatedly, stop the flashing lights ect. Also be able to crank the vehicle and start the car. Please read the TRDSparks info before posting back on this so you can see what I am talking about. Yes I understand what you are trying to say about a "traditional" Valet switch...I have one on my truck(Viper Alarm). In the function test for the RS3200 is says nothing about having to use a switch/button just to turn ignition to "START". I posted the TRDSparks install so you can read it!

Thanks Jay

[/url]http://www.trdsparks.com/install/PT398-52081inst.pdf[/url]
Old 02-13-2008, 01:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sorry....I read the pdf. in your link. I believe that is a typo......no alarm manufacturer in their right mind would allow their system to be disarmed simply by inserting a key in the cylinder and turning. I see what you see, but I would recommend leaving it the way you have it right now for the highest security level possible.