Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Battery Size

Old 02-26-2008, 07:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Battery Size

Planning some serious audio mods which will require some heavy-duty electrical. What size is the underhood battery, and what group is it? Thanks!
Old 02-26-2008, 08:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

optima are the best batteries in the market but also the more expensive ones , the reason it's because the battery is completly sealed and instead of liquid acid uses acid in gel state which is virtualy imposible to have a leak and also instead of groups of lead plates it uses something like a lead sheets rolled this gives your battery more life time and its maintenance free but if you want sometin' cheaper but good quality, interstate 3478DT (green case ) would do the job
Old 02-26-2008, 01:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You will notice more of an improvement by upgrading your alternator first.
Old 02-27-2008, 12:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Heh, don't worry, I'm pretty knowledgeable about car electronics. I plan on going with some Deka Intimidators, group 31, if they will fit. The alternator will come in as well.
Old 02-27-2008, 12:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Utah Scions
SL Member

Originally Posted by buickid
Heh, don't worry, I'm pretty knowledgeable about car electronics. I plan on going with some Deka Intimidators, group 31, if they will fit. The alternator will come in as well.
A group31 will take a little modification... The Deka Intimidators are a pretty decent battery for the money, too. I'd recommend a cold air intake like the TRD to free up some room. When you get the TRD, you completely remove the intake box. That frees up room behind the battery. You could probably do a smaller Kinetik in that area if you wanted to. Just fab up a quick battery box out of some 16gauge steel sheet, drill holes, mount box, done. It wouldn't take too long if you're handy with a sheetmetal brake and a welder.

Aaaaaand I'm in the midst of upgrading my stock alternator. The tC alt does in fact fit. BUT, you'll need to either pull the stock alternator pulley off your xB, but it has a clutch in it... Kinda weird... But www.nonstoptuning.com has a smaller pulley that will work perfectly!

Let me know what you come up with!