View Full Version : where's the clutch fluid reservior

08xB714
03-03-2008, 04:04 AM
i'm a honda guy and it is very weird that i don't see clutch fliud reservior.
how do you guys change clutch fluid? or bleed?

also, i notice in the maintenance manual that there is no information as to flushing out the brake fluid nor clutch fluid.(which it should be.. every 15k-30k)

MikeInABox
03-03-2008, 02:27 PM
I'm not 100% sure, but it might use the brake fluid reservoir for the clutch also. Not sure how many companies do that, but my old car was that way.

08xB714
03-03-2008, 04:44 PM
clutch & brake using a same reservior... very weird... so is that mean, i need to bleed clutch & brake at same time?

MikeInABox
03-03-2008, 05:36 PM
Yeah they both use brake fluid, so one reservoir, two different cylinders(one for clutch, one for brakes). I did a quick search and the tC only has one. Even found a good story where a Toyota tech told a tC owner they had two seperate reservoir's, and then couldn't find the clutch one under the hood when he tried to show them, because it wasn't there. So I'm assuming ours are the same. But if I'm wrong, don't worry, someone will let us know.

As for bleeding them, it's probably a good idea to do them both at the same time. Otherwise you might end up chasing a problem back and forth trying to eliminate air bubbles.