Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Need some help installing pac swi-x

Old 03-27-2008, 02:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Need some help installing pac swi-x

so i'm going to be installing my d3 this weekend and i ordered a pac unit to keep my steering wheel controls. can anyone tell me how the heck you install this thing?! which wire goes where? my install directions aren't really helping me out. let me know.
Old 03-28-2008, 05:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm interested in this too. I installed a sony HU, bought the steering wheel remote, but have not installed it. I looked at the directions online, but I'm still kinda lost.
Old 03-28-2008, 05:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I installed mine using the on line instructions.. not a problem.. print them out... diagrams & all.. read it through & re-read it agian, then go & do your install. The only problem I ran into was finally deciding on which resistor to use.. I mean, they tell you which one, only I couldnt see well enough to pick up on the colors painted on them. I had to get a flashlight & a magnifying glass to make sure I grabbed the correct resistor.... take your time, you can do it.... It's hard to have to cut the existing plug off... it means that you have committed yourself to the project once you've made that drastic CUT. But let me tell you, it's well worth it!. I am so used to my SWI, that when I am driving the wifes car, I find myself going for it with my thumb all the time & it's NOT There!!... good luck... jh

ps.. here is a prior thread which folks talk about this install. Suggust that you read it through a few times & look at the links included....
It hepled me & gave me confidence to do it, hope it helps you... read it _ re-read it all before starting & you'll be better prepared for the job...

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...&highlight=swi