Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

RGB leds!

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 03:58 AM

Default RGB leds!

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoID=31610550

havent seen anyone do this yet. the leds are controlled by a controller i got from bigclive.com
Old 04-03-2008, 04:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ehh..... they're ok

is that you in singing?
it sounds like a girl
Old 04-03-2008, 05:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Teenage interior rice; but modding xB's is ALL about what YOU like. Not trying to purposefully offend, just not my cup of tea, and you put it out here so I sincerely hope you take my input with a big grain of salt.

Props for the time and effort though.
Old 04-03-2008, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by Whispaz
ehh..... they're ok

is that you in singing?
it sounds like a girl
Yeah thats my wife
Old 04-03-2008, 01:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

definately something that gets attention. i like the concept, and with the right placement i feel those led's would look great when you're showing the car. but that wife of yours singing made the video really special. good stuff!
Old 04-03-2008, 05:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

I like it man, might try these on my bike
Old 04-03-2008, 05:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

no thanks for me either but thats cause i really dont like lights that beat with music.. but otherwise its an awesome product. given to me i would use it as a interior illumination kit. would be kit ___ to have it scroll through the colors everytime the dome light turned on....

on a side note i think you should be careful using this on the street. if cops see it they can give you a ticket for impersonating a police car. no joke man flashing lights + the red and blue LEDs and you got yourself some serious trouble
Old 04-03-2008, 06:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by miketf1
no thanks for me either but thats cause i really dont like lights that beat with music.. but otherwise its an awesome product. given to me i would use it as a interior illumination kit. would be kit butt to have it scroll through the colors everytime the dome light turned on....

on a side note i think you should be careful using this on the street. if cops see it they can give you a ticket for impersonating a police car. no joke man flashing lights + the red and blue LEDs and you got yourself some serious trouble
If I am wrong correct me, but in the wiring diagram it doesn't show anything for music intake (saying this because would like to know myself). It's a demo, unless the guy added to the PCB for music. I think it was cool because you build it. I made some for my bike that is a "always on" while driving and "strobe demo" while parked. Cool project for those that like DYI things instead of buying ready made stuff.
Old 04-03-2008, 06:58 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by xxxb2
no thanks for me either but thats cause i really dont like lights that beat with music.. but otherwise its an awesome product. given to me i would use it as a interior illumination kit. would be kit butt to have it scroll through the colors everytime the dome light turned on....

If I am wrong correct me, but in the wiring diagram it doesn't show anything for music intake (saying this because would like to know myself). It's a demo, unless the guy added to the PCB for music. I think it was cool because you build it. I made some for my bike that is a "always on" while driving and "strobe demo" while parked. Cool project for those that like DYI things instead of buying ready made stuff.
correct it doesnt beat to the music. it just seemed to happen that way in the video.
And yes scrolling thru the light demos is tedious but once you find something you like it automatically saves it to come on the next time.

And yes i was worried about the cop part to with the vents and thats why i hooked them up to a seperate power switch. so i can turn them on and off to my leisure.
Old 04-03-2008, 07:02 PM
SL Member

the chip on the controller had 23 different settings and the speed of all the flashing and pulsing lights can be controlled
Old 04-03-2008, 10:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by my_08_xb
Originally Posted by Whispaz
ehh..... they're ok

is that you in singing?
it sounds like a girl
Yeah thats my wife
lol, thats cool. theres a reason your wife sounds like a woman then. as long as it wasnt you :D
Old 04-04-2008, 07:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i like it.. i am not sure about the vent lights (windshield) however I did like the A/C vent lights.

Comment about the music..
Um.. I laffed when I realized it was Hanna Montana/Miley Rae Cyrus..
I have a 7 year old daughter/fan(natic)
Old 04-04-2008, 09:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Daarken
i like it.. i am not sure about the vent lights (windshield) however I did like the A/C vent lights.

Comment about the music..
Um.. I laffed when I realized it was Hanna Montana/Miley Rae Cyrus..
I have a 7 year old daughter/fan(natic)
ssuurreeeeee.............