View Full Version : towing a Yuppie Wagon? (plastic enclosed trailer)

yodjent
04-11-2008, 08:19 PM
I just got my new XB2 a couple days ago. I read several threads about towing trailers, and know that we are not supposed to tow anything with the XB. I am curious about your views on towing a small lightweight trailer; a Yuppie Wagon.
http://www.nareps.com/YUP/JIMMY%20ENCLOSED%20TRAILERS.htm

I own a DJ company and need to haul my equipment around, its only some lights, some speakers, subwoofers, amp rack, and props. probably weighs a maximum total of 400 pounds.

its either this trailer, or purchasing a used cargo van. but I love driving/perception/reliability of the XB, and don't want another car.

what route would you take?

thanks

miketf1
04-11-2008, 11:57 PM
well you kinda know the answer yourself right? toyota recommends not to tow anything with the car..

then again, 400pounds plus what looks like pretty low weight of the yuppie i think that with a properly made tow hook i think it you would be fine if you keep your corner speeds low

wrczx3
04-12-2008, 03:07 AM
I would go for the hitch on the XB and tow with it. I tow with mine and no problem. How much for the trailer? I really like those!

yodjent
04-12-2008, 12:50 PM
they are around $1500, isnt that bad.. you can pick your color, choose swing or ramp door. there is one in my area for sale for $850, but its red with swing doors (wouldnt match my xb). im prob gonna buy a black one with a ramp door.

clotiauxcc
04-12-2008, 08:17 PM
hey GO FOR IT i have a 1st gen xb (yes the 110hp model) and i pull about one thousand pounds with it every day. I own a mobile car detailing business and it pulls my 4x6 enclosed trailer fine no problems at all. just if you have an automatic trans get a transmission cooler, and buy it two sizes too big, it is necessary with the auto trans.
so get out there and "DO WORK" son

Nastos
04-17-2008, 02:46 AM
i see some guy using a 1st gen to tow his lawn equiptment around here all the time