View Full Version : chrome headers?

Revrent
05-21-2008, 04:55 PM
I have seen some chrome looking headers on a TC and wonder if anyone has done that to the XB2? do I need the cover over the header?

God bless
john

beandip007
05-21-2008, 05:01 PM
I assume you mean and XB2? It has the same motor so yeah I don't see why you couldn't put a header on it. Even the XB1 you can put a header on, just do some searching for some. It is not necessary to cover them up. :silly:

miketf1
05-21-2008, 05:16 PM
strup makes a polished stainless steel header. looks chrome when you install it but like all other polished headers, it will start to oxidize or discolor from the heat

no the heat shield comes off with the stock header

FamilyTuning
12-20-2008, 05:31 AM
A company callrf Calico Coatings in Denver NC does what they call Chromecoat. It is an alluminum ceramic coating and will not discolor. Mine is in thier shop now.

CIONIDE
12-20-2008, 06:03 PM
From the Calico Coatings website:

CoolKrome Coating:
A high-luster, ceramic coating that eliminates thermal fatigue, increases horsepower and reduces under hood temperatures up to 30%.
Applications: Headers, Heat Shields, Air Cleaners, Intake Manifolds, Valve Covers

http://www.calicocoatings.com/coating_solutions_performance_coatings.html

whitebreadbox
12-21-2008, 07:24 PM
A company callrf Calico Coatings in Denver NC does what they call Chromecoat. It is an alluminum ceramic coating and will not discolor. Mine is in thier shop now.

if you don't mind me asking, how much is this going to run you? and do you know if they coat the inside too? i have the strup ceramacoated header and its not looking as good as it did when i first got it...