Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Premium Stereo/HD Radio Combo?

Old 08-02-2008, 08:59 PM

Default Premium Stereo/HD Radio Combo?

I have tried to find references in this forum to anything related to HD Radio, but haven't had any luck, so here's my question. I have the Pioneer premium stereo and would like to add HD Radio capability. Pioneer makes a plugin HD Radio tuner called the GEX-P10HD that's compatible with many of their stereos, but none of the ones listed are the same as the one in the xB. It uses something called the IP-Bus for connection to the head unit that appears to be a proprietary Pioneer control and signaling bus. Does anybody know if the premium unit in the xB has the IP-Bus and if it can be used to communicate with the GEX-P10HD?
Old 08-02-2008, 09:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

www.diceelectronics.com the one they have listed for toyota and scion plugs right in, it uses your SAT input. I've had one in my car since last sept. works fine
Old 08-02-2008, 09:34 PM

Thanks for the fast response. I noticed they only list up to 2007. I assume that it's the same for our cars, even though they're 2008 models and were new this year. Is your xB a 2008?

This appears to have iPod integration stuff as well. That doesn't interfere with the head unit's built-in ability to operate an iPod, does it?

Originally Posted by lvbitwiz
www.diceelectronics.com the one they have listed for toyota and scion plugs right in, it uses your SAT input. I've had one in my car since last sept. works fine
Old 08-02-2008, 11:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yes mine is an 08, I've used it on all three models of the radios available (thank my dealer for the use of em) I'm currently using it with the SNS and no, it dosent interfere with the ipod, it just has the capability say if you put it in a Corolla
Old 08-02-2008, 11:50 PM

That's excellent news. I noticed they're back-ordered on those, so I'll just have to keep my eyes open for when they have them back in stock. Thanks very much for your help!

Originally Posted by lvbitwiz
Yes mine is an 08, I've used it on all three models of the radios available (thank my dealer for the use of em) I'm currently using it with the SNS and no, it dosent interfere with the ipod, it just has the capability say if you put it in a Corolla
Old 08-08-2008, 02:04 PM
Wil
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You might want to check out a Peripheral HD kit. I just ordered the HD Radio kit w/a toyota harness from Cructhfield. Now I am waiting to get the Media Gateway. It will end up costing well over $200 just to get HD radio. Now I am having second thoughts given the cost. Anyone used this setup?
Old 08-08-2008, 11:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Wil
You might want to check out a Peripheral HD kit. I just ordered the HD Radio kit w/a toyota harness from Cructhfield. Now I am waiting to get the Media Gateway. It will end up costing well over $200 just to get HD radio. Now I am having second thoughts given the cost. Anyone used this setup?
$200 for HD radio?? That's crazy.