Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Tenzo R CAI Review

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2008, 10:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Default Tenzo R CAI Review

I will keep this short and sweet.

I paid around $130 shipped to my door for this modification. Not bad at all considering that for the majority of us, we want the sound since intakes provide little HP gains.

With that being said, when it arrived, it was packaged very well and everything was bubble wrapped.

I took all the parts out and laided them out, however I was unable to find directions. I know installing an intake is not as difficult as swapping cams or tuning a car, however for most intakes, there are certain places that screws need to be applied or a certain postion each tube needs to be to fit correctly. In this case, instructions would have been beneficial.

Without the instructions, the installation went well, took me about an hour to do it myself with removing the front bumper for the first time and making sure all the pieces fit correctly. The only problem that I had was with some of the hardware they had sent. For the air sensor, there were two little bronze pieces that screwed into the actual tube. On these little bronze pieces were threads to adapte to the air sensor; no problem. I tightened them a little and POP. They broke off with the threads still in the tube. Long story short, I ended up super glueing them onto the tube and everything is holding strong and sturdy.

Overall, the tubing was painted excellent and the quality of the piping and filter are outstanding. The sound just puts the icing on the cake. Very quiet at driving speeds, but when you got a little room to open her up, shes got a deep roar.

Overall rating: A-

Pics:

Old 09-28-2008, 10:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

takes about 30 with battery removed though!! and not front bumper!