Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Weapon*R Header and S Pipe Installed!

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2008, 08:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Default Weapon*R Header and S Pipe Installed!

Thanks to NoLimitzInd of course, for notifying me immediately after it became available! :D

Overall install was pretty easy considering we were just using jack stands. I also used the CEL eliminator and sure enough no CEL after about 30 miles of driving around tonight. My only issue is the position of the o2 bung on the header, I had to detach the harness from the block to get it to reach. Other than that, fitment was perfect. Now I just need to get rid of the scuba tank :D

Sorry, no pictures of the install, it's really not hard at all, I will say that having a lift availble makes getting leverage on some of the bolts a little easier.

Old 12-05-2008, 02:22 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
AlphaSquad
SL Member

That looks awesome. Glad I could help you out for sure.
Old 12-05-2008, 05:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hey how much did that whole setup cost ya?

looks freakin sweet! i wonder how she'll sound without the scuba tank
Old 12-06-2008, 12:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by UNOHxB
hey how much did that whole setup cost ya?

looks freakin sweet! i wonder how she'll sound without the scuba tank
NoLimitzInd right above you has it on his website for $530 shipped, you'll also need the Weapon*R CEL eliminator or the spark plug defouler mod to keep from getting a CEL after removal of the cat. I just ordered the CEL eliminator straight from Weapon*R's website and it shipped pretty fast, it was 55+ shipping but I'm sure you can find it cheaper elsewhere online.
Old 12-06-2008, 12:31 AM

Default Re: Weapon*R Header and S Pipe Installed!

Originally Posted by L337Biker
Thanks to NoLimitzInd of course, for notifying me immediately after it became available! :D

Overall install was pretty easy considering we were just using jack stands. I also used the CEL eliminator and sure enough no CEL after about 30 miles of driving around tonight. My only issue is the position of the o2 bung on the header, I had to detach the harness from the block to get it to reach. Other than that, fitment was perfect. Now I just need to get rid of the scuba tank :D

Sorry, no pictures of the install, it's really not hard at all, I will say that having a lift availble makes getting leverage on some of the bolts a little easier.

So, the header and S pipe will bolt right up to stock system? I'm still trying to figure out what to do with the scuba, seems everyone that has removed it has ruptured their ear drums.
Old 12-06-2008, 12:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Yep it bolts right up at the factory location. My only other exhaust modification is the Tanabe Medallion Touring resonator(axle back). At the moment the box sounds more like an old school import pickup truck than what I think it should sound like lol. I've noticed less hesitation when I step on it so it's definitely helping the low end torque. My next day off I plan on going to a reputable muffler shop I know of in town and having them fabricate a mid pipe with a high flow cat and muffler. I know they carry flowmaster as well as a few other brands.
Old 12-06-2008, 12:50 AM

Originally Posted by L337Biker
Yep it bolts right up at the factory location. My only other exhaust modification is the Tanabe Medallion Touring resonator(axle back). At the moment the box sounds more like an old school import pickup truck than what I think it should sound like lol. I've noticed less hesitation when I step on it so it's definitely helping the low end torque. My next day off I plan on going to a reputable muffler shop I know of in town and having them fabricate a mid pipe with a high flow cat and muffler. I know they carry flowmaster as well as a few other brands.
yea, that seems like the quest right now: getting rid of the scuba and getting a decent tone. I'm going to get the header and s pipe and hopefully someone will come up with a good combination that performs but does not sound annoying. Thanks for the info.
Old 12-06-2008, 12:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

np, i'll post updates in here once i finally get to the shop
Old 12-06-2008, 02:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

looks great bro
hope you have fun w/it and no need to worry about the cel because i have the same setup as yours w/7k miles still no cel. just gotta luv the weapon r cel eliminator.
Old 12-06-2008, 02:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by DAILYXB-TYPE-R
looks great bro
hope you have fun w/it and no need to worry about the cel because i have the same setup as yours w/7k miles still no cel. just gotta luv the weapon r cel eliminator.
good to hear, what'd you go with for the rest of your exhaust setup?
Old 12-06-2008, 05:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i did in pomona area around LA
heres a link to what i did
https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...rid+scuba+tank
Old 12-06-2008, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by DAILYXB-TYPE-R
i did in pomona area around LA
heres a link to what i did
https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...rid+scuba+tank
that's a nice setup. I am just wondering by the time you add a muffler to tone it down if back pressure will be back to around stocks specs again. I want a nice sound but I want to get the most performance gains possible without forced induction. Maybe I am asking for too much.
Old 12-07-2008, 04:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by NoLimitzInd
Hey NoLimitz,

I'm currently running a CAI, pulley, and Tsudo dual. Is there anything worthwhile to be gained in the low through mid range adding the WeaponR 4-2-1 header with the scuba in place? Also, I understand the header doesn't meet California CARB standards, but how about the rest of the states? Can you tell me anything?

Thanks much -- Trevor
Old 12-07-2008, 04:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

nice choice of headers
Old 12-07-2008, 04:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by TrevorS
Originally Posted by NoLimitzInd
Hey NoLimitz,

I'm currently running a CAI, pulley, and Tsudo dual. Is there anything worthwhile to be gained in the low through mid range adding the WeaponR 4-2-1 header with the scuba in place? Also, I understand the header doesn't meet California CARB standards, but how about the rest of the states? Can you tell me anything?

Thanks much -- Trevor
PMs work well, I noticed an improvement in the low/mid range definitely, it's not street legal. But then again most aftermarket engine mods are not. "off road use only" Installing this removes a cat which is obviously there for emissions.
Old 12-07-2008, 04:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Glad to hear your low to midrange picked up some. I'm wondering what the likelihood is of the car not passing emissions inspections outside of California. That would be a royal nuisance.

Perhaps I'm not clear what "street legal" means. Certainly these items are not covered by and could cause problems relative to the vehicle warranty, but I don't see why engine/suspension/exhaust changes would be non "street legal" if they don't prevent the vehicle from passing inspections. The Delaware inspection consists of emissions and safety equipment, so that narrows it down to emissions to me (or possibly exhaust loudness.) I realize legality is normally governed by ordinances, but I was under the impression the inspections were the practical embodiment of said ordinances. Of course, if there is some law somewhere saying that the vehicle shall be stock, then that's another thing. (Come to think of it, Delaware DOES require that if the vehicle is supposed to have a cat, then it MUST be there. They check under the car with a mirror.)
Old 12-07-2008, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by TrevorS
Glad to hear your low to midrange picked up some. I'm wondering what the likelihood is of the car not passing emissions inspections outside of California. That would be a royal nuisance.

Perhaps I'm not clear what "street legal" means. Certainly these items are not covered by and could cause problems relative to the vehicle warranty, but I don't see why engine/suspension/exhaust changes would be non "street legal" if they don't prevent the vehicle from passing inspections. The Delaware inspection consists of emissions and safety equipment, so that narrows it down to emissions to me (or possibly exhaust loudness.) I realize legality is normally governed by ordinances, but I was under the impression the inspections were the practical embodiment of said ordinances. Of course, if there is some law somewhere saying that the vehicle shall be stock, then that's another thing. (Come to think of it, Delaware DOES require that if the vehicle is supposed to have a cat, then it MUST be there. They check under the car with a mirror.)
there are numerous differences in state laws regarding emissions, there are even differences between counties within my state. For example, my county is excempt from emission testing and inspections while other counties are not; however, state and/or federal law prohibits removal of a cat so it 's a DIY situation. As far as the warranty is concerned, yes some mods would give most dealerships the excuse to void the warranty. Usually "non street legal" is connected to emissions and there are a lot of politics (money) involved in that particular issue. I look at this way: ok, I am breaking the law by taking the cats off, but the end result is a well tuned 4 cylinder engine that is still cleaner than most cars on the road and I can still have some fun and power to go up a hill, pass another car and get enough speed up to merge onto the interstate. I don't feel too bad.
Old 12-13-2008, 07:49 PM
Former Sponsor
SL Member

FYI it is also against federal law to remove the catalytic converter, separate from state inspection, which has the infamous fine "up to" $2500.
It's never enforced, the cops don't care about the EPA
That's why many parts are "off road use", "race only", etc
Old 12-14-2008, 04:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by speedelement
FYI it is also against federal law to remove the catalytic converter, separate from state inspection, which has the infamous fine "up to" $2500.
It's never enforced, the cops don't care about the EPA
That's why many parts are "off road use", "race only", etc
buzz kill
Old 12-15-2008, 08:04 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
AlphaSquad
SL Member

Glad you like the header and S Pipe.

Quick Reply: Weapon*R Header and S Pipe Installed!