Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Weapon R with Tsudo exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2009, 06:09 AM
SL Member

Default Weapon R with Tsudo exhaust

Does anybody know if the Weapon R header and S pipe will bolt to the Tsudo exhaust system?
Old 01-01-2009, 06:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Weapon R header & S-pipe are before the scuba tank, and Tsudo exhaust is after the scuba tank. You're all good, except for getting rid of the scuba tank!!
Old 01-01-2009, 06:16 AM
SL Member

oh ok so what do you suggest....? trash that tank?
Old 01-01-2009, 06:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Replace it with the cheap-a$$ eBay unit; seems like everybody is happy with the outcome for how cheap it is...for $150 bucks what could be wrong?
Old 01-01-2009, 06:34 AM
SL Member

What do you call that? Im new on this whole header thing
Old 01-01-2009, 03:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Here's a thread on it:

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=243690
Old 01-03-2009, 03:04 AM
SL Member

That link was to a full exhaust system which I dont need considering I have the Tsudo Dual Exhaust.. Where you talking about buying that system and use just the resonator?
Old 01-03-2009, 03:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yea, that's the only pre-made scuba tank replacement that I've seen for the xB2. You could then sell the axle-back to get half your $$ back.

You could also just go to a muffler shop and have them fab something up for you. Some of the others here on SL have done that with high-flow cats and/or resonators or mufflers. If you go this route, you'll still probably end up spending a couple hundred dollars by the time you're all done.
Old 01-04-2009, 05:45 AM
SL Member

wow ok cool thanks again cionide I got lots of thinking and planning to do now...
Old 01-06-2009, 05:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey just a heads up, if you run a header + s-pipe+ suba delete+ tsudo duals your exhaust is going to be painfully loud. It will be really loud and super raspy and generally sound like poop. On our cars the type of muffler on the tsudo is not ideal when running that free flowing of a setup. You are ging to want to try and stick at the bare minimum a high flow cat or resonator on the mid pipe, if not both. As foor the muffler look for something with a bigger body. A universal oval shaped muffler will do well, maganflow, flowmaster, edelbrock, spintech(box shaped), thrush or just about anything that same wider design will dampen the sound alot better.
Old 01-07-2009, 12:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

good advice 1vic. bought headers probably stick with stock S pipe. then scuba delete with high flow cat and biggest muffler/resonator that will fit in scuba place. bolt to my tsudo duals and hope for best. don't want too loud
Old 01-07-2009, 06:58 PM
SL Member

From my experience with aftermarket cats they are not the best at keeping sound levels down. You would be better of getting the biggest resonator/muffler you can and forget about the cat unless you are putting it on for other reasons then sound.
I also would not recommend Flomaster to anyone, it is a contradiction to put a Flowmaster on and try to make power.

Hopefully I will have my header here in a few and can see what flanges I need to make my own suba-delete with 2.5" piping and the longest/widest Magnaflow muffler that will fit.
Old 01-08-2009, 03:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah the tc guys usually use a highflow cat and one large or two smaller resonators to kill thier rasp. From looking around sound clips of tc's the one linked I thik sounds the most aggresive without sounding like poop. It just consists of a 50 state legal magnaflow highflow cat, and a regular run of the mill magnaflow muffler single in single out. We should be able to achieve a similar sound.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8CcFzG3O0o

Or there is this video of a tc with a glasspack, no other info was provided.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDTL2m_yVws

Or here is another one, it has a nice sound just wayyyy too loud and not too purdy. He has a fowmaster 40 single in and single out fed by a 12in glasspack that is reversed making it even louder.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiJEIRR__nE

These videos so far are what I think to be some of the better sounding tc videos I have found. You can probably tell I do not like the way four bangers sound with exhaust by my choices. Now only if we had a v8

Thanks to the peeps that posted those videos up on youtube.
Old 01-08-2009, 03:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah the tc guys usually use a highflow cat and one large or two smaller resonators to kill thier rasp. From looking around sound clips of tc's the one linked I thik sounds the most aggresive without sounding like poop. It just consists of a 50 state legal magnaflow highflow cat, and a regular run of the mill magnaflow muffler single in single out. We should be able to achieve a similar sound.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8CcFzG3O0o

Or there is this video of a tc with a glasspack, no other info was provided.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDTL2m_yVws

Or here is another one, it has a nice sound just wayyyy too loud and not too purdy. He has a fowmaster 40 single in and single out fed by a 12in glasspack that is reversed making it even louder.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiJEIRR__nE

These videos so far are what I think to be some of the better sounding tc videos I have found. You can probably tell I do not like the way four bangers sound with exhaust by my choices. Now only if we had a v8

Thanks to the peeps that posted those videos up on youtube.
Old 02-03-2009, 05:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

I have the Tsudo exhaust and just love it, this week im going to be replaceing the scuba with a bolt on 24" resonator made by one of the members on the forum who i kept buging him and ended up selling me the one he used for a short time. Since he was unable to get more made at this time and he was giveing the xB to his wife for a bit cause she crased her car. worked out great for me cause i was hunting for a bolt on scuba tank replacement.

Im also in the market for a header

was thinking on going with the strup header and leave the stock S-pipe or go with the WR s-pipe.

Im still not 100% sure if i wanna go with the strup set up or the WR combo both are great headers.
Old 02-03-2009, 09:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

post some pics of the bolt up scuba receplacement when you get it. Its the last piece I need and would love to have a bolt on. Strup headers, stock "S" pipe, and Tsudo duals here so far, Thought about buying the E bay system just to get the scuba replacement. Afraid that small resonator will be to loud
Old 02-03-2009, 04:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

Originally Posted by srb219
post some pics of the bolt up scuba receplacement when you get it. Its the last piece I need and would love to have a bolt on. Strup headers, stock "S" pipe, and Tsudo duals here so far, Thought about buying the E bay system just to get the scuba replacement. Afraid that small resonator will be to loud

Most def will one it come's in along with a Vid.

The set-up you have is what im going for just not sure if i want the WR or Strup header. How do you like the Strup header so fair? has it incrused the sound of the Tsudo exhaust at all?

I know some say they felt no power gains and some say they felt a decent about whats your take on the strup header?
Old 02-04-2009, 09:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Went with Strup because you can re-use stock gaskets. Small change in sound not much. Still have the trumpts installed in Tsudo mufflers, so almost "stock" quiet right now. Can't wait to get rid of that ugly scuba
Old 02-05-2009, 06:12 PM
SL Member

please post pics and vids as soon as the upgrade is made! Im still undecided on what I should do. I kind of want to replace the whole exhaust including the headers, but love the dual exhaust so I need to do research on what will bolt to that system without having to weld a complete custom system
Old 02-06-2009, 03:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

Originally Posted by bego
please post pics and vids as soon as the upgrade is made! Im still undecided on what I should do. I kind of want to replace the whole exhaust including the headers, but love the dual exhaust so I need to do research on what will bolt to that system without having to weld a complete custom system

Once the bolt on scuba receplacement come's in and installed def will post a video.

dont get rid of the Tsudo exhaust just replace the scuba and your good to go!!

Im gonna order the S-pipe soon so from the header back it's all stright thru pipeing and just gonna keep the stock header for now.

Quick Reply: Weapon R with Tsudo exhaust