01-05-2005, 03:09 AM
i just bought a mesh grill from www.customcargrills.com (small diamond mesh), and can't wait to install!....only problem is that it's a universal grill and doesnt come with any installation instructions. Would anyone have any instructions on how to install a universal grill for the tc?
1) what materials would i need? (besides wire cutters)
2) how do i remove the stock grill?
3) how do i access the bottom bumper grill....do i need to remove the bumper? :0
01-05-2005, 03:43 AM
ok here is the best i can help.
1) yes those wire cutters will be needed. Also purchase some black zip ties and or wire ties. Those might be needed to attach the grill it new holes. Get black ones. also paint the grill because it will look like ___ on a black car with a metal look.. those grills are paintable. I did my girls corolla and it worked out fine.
2) top grill you need a small phillips and a flat head. take your time because it is a tighy squeeze and it was built in japan with tiny hands and not bulky american fingers so there isnt too much play room.
3) to be perfectly honest i have not even been under the front bumper of our cars yet.. im sure u could be able to take some clips out under it and bend it back .. but once again im talking outta my ___.. ill look tommorow and will get back to ya... hope this helps if any
01-05-2005, 03:46 AM
i was just fiddling around with ideas today and found it a lot easier to just take off the entire front bumper..just a few 10mm bolts and couple clips.
01-05-2005, 04:04 AM
ahhh thanks guys, really appreciate it and will look into it further tomorrow