Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

DYNO RESULTS WR INTAKE MANIFOLD FOR TC.

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 12:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default DYNO RESULTS WR INTAKE MANIFOLD FOR TC.

Here are the dyno results on a 2005 Scion TC NORMALLY ASPIRATED..
The 2005 Scion Tc had an ARC intake with WR Race Header and a Precision Exhaust.

THIN LINES = STOCK MANIFOLD + ARC AIRBOX + PRECISION EXHAUST + WR RACE HEADER
THICK LINES = WR MANIFOLD + WR SECRET WEAPON INTAKE + PRECISION EXHAUST + WR RACE HEADER

We dyno'd the intake manifold and noticed that the car wasnt getting enough air from the ARC intake system..

We then changed out the ARC intake for a WR Secret Weapon Intake.

The only change is the WR INTAKE MANIFOLD and the WR Secret Weapon Intake System.

We feel this manifold will make even more power and torque on a Forced Induction Vehicle.
Old 02-13-2009, 12:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Nice!
Old 02-13-2009, 01:19 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
AlphaSquad
SL Member

Very nice increase for sure.
Old 02-13-2009, 02:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Does anyone realize that the numbers are flywheel horsepower, and that's with a modified intake+intake manifold which costs 500+ bucks? (depending on how much the intake manifold costs) The gains are even less when to the wheels.

It's good for you guys who really want to go all motor, but the gains aren't spectacular. Sure, you can get a tune to get more power, but you'll have to spend more money on electronics, and dyno tuning (or money for a wideband)

As I thought...it's really a good idea to modify the intake manifold. Exhaust manifold...maybe, but not the intake manifold.
Old 02-13-2009, 04:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hats off to weapon r, they make some killer products and they keep comin up with new products for the scion market where most companies aint producin nothin!! so wether its a small gain or big gain im just happy they make stuff for us. If your lookin for some huge gains you know intake and an intake manifold is not going to be your answer, go turbo!!!
but, if you dont have the knowledge and or money to invest in a turbo set up and just want the car to produce more power than it does stock, than this is for you. I am definitely going to look into buying this because it gives me more power and i dont need to constantly tune/maintain this set up like I would with a turbo system. its not gonna get you over the 300hp or 350hp mark, but it will get you above stock hp & tq. oh, and did i mention this thing LOOKS MAGNIFICENT!!!! awesome to show off at a car show when displaying your engine.
Old 02-13-2009, 04:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by NoLimitzInd
Very nice increase for sure.
when you gonna start selling this product NoLimitz?? It aint on your website . . . yet! haha
Old 02-13-2009, 04:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by FromTheOld
Does anyone realize that the numbers are flywheel horsepower, and that's with a modified intake+intake manifold which costs 500+ bucks? (depending on how much the intake manifold costs) The gains are even less when to the wheels.

It's good for you guys who really want to go all motor, but the gains aren't spectacular. Sure, you can get a tune to get more power, but you'll have to spend more money on electronics, and dyno tuning (or money for a wideband)

As I thought...it's really a good idea to modify the intake manifold. Exhaust manifold...maybe, but not the intake manifold.
I dont know if you know your dyno's... But how do you measure the flywheel torque and power from the hubs on the car.... Dynapack dyno's always read that " FLYWHEEL TORQUE / FLYWHEEL HP " it's their way of saying wheel hp... We have complained to them many times.. but thats just how they wanna do it.. But the DYNO hooks up to the wheel hubs..

Here is a link to their site..
http://www.dynapackusa.com/product.htm

Please explain to me how this measures flywheel TQ & HP..
Old 02-13-2009, 07:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Because many people wanted to know.. the differences betweenhaving the following..
Taking the ARC box out of the equation..

STOCK Manifold + WR Race Header + ARC Intake + Precision Exhaust.
WR Manifold + WR Race Header + ARC Intake + Precision Exhaust.
WR Manifold + WR Race Header + WR SW Intake + Precision Exhaust.

Here we go...
STOCK MANIFOLD + WR Race Header + ARC Intake + Precision Exhaust. ( RED LINE )
WR Manifold + WR Race Header + ARC Intake + Precision Exhaust. ( LIGHT BLUE LINE )

WR Manifold + WR Race Header + ARC Intake + Precision Exhaust. ( LIGHT BLUE LINE )
WR Manifold + WR Race Header + WR SW Intake + Precision Exhaust. ( THIN RED LINE )

Everything together:
STOCK Manifold + WR Race Header + ARC Intake + Precision Exhaust. ( THICK RED LINE )
WR Manifold + WR Race Header + WR SW Intake + Precision Exhaus ( THINK RED LINE )
Old 02-13-2009, 07:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I don't know my dynos, I just read "Flywheel Torque/HP".

Sorry for the misunderstanding.
Old 02-14-2009, 06:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey so has anyone fitted one of these on an xb2 yet?
I know on the tc you can make it fit without pulling the engine but on the tc it seems to have a deeper engine bay allowing more room. I am really considering grabbing one of these but I'd like to have confirmatin that it'll side in without pulling the engine.
Old 02-14-2009, 11:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wow that arc intake really sucks... you can see all the dips in power in the first dyno sheet. Im sure with a little A/F tuning this would increase 5-10hp if not more. Looks good.
-nick
Old 02-15-2009, 03:04 PM
AAG
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
DeepSouth Scions
SL Member

I'd buy it just to get rid of the ugly plastic intake manifold.

Would this be a direct replacement for the stock one and will everything bolt right back up to it (without a check engine light)?
Old 02-15-2009, 03:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Originally Posted by AAG

Would this be a direct replacement for the stock one and will everything bolt right back up to it (without a check engine light)?
Actually I know for a fact you'll throw a CEL without a defouler.
Old 02-15-2009, 04:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by AAG

Direct replacement no modifications to ANYTHING.. NO CHECK ENGINE LIGHTS.. OR YOUR MONEY BACK..
Old 02-15-2009, 04:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ecko04
Originally Posted by AAG

Actually I know for a fact you'll throw a CEL without a defouler.

This is a INTAKE MANIFOLD... How would u use an exhaust defouler ( something designed to be used in the exhaust ) on a intake manifold..??
Old 02-15-2009, 06:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Originally Posted by WRLEO
This is a INTAKE MANIFOLD... How would u use an exhaust defouler ( something designed to be used in the exhaust ) on a intake manifold..??
Seems like the same thing someone else installed and a defouler solved his problem.

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=250180

Could be wrong but he specifically stated "I installed the weapon-r intake manifold"....

I never stated use a defouler on the intake, I simply suggested installing one on the exhaust as I suggested to the guy in the aforementioned thread.

It seems to have stopped his CEL problem; if that isn't the case then I digress but I do not digress from stating the WR Intake Manifold causes a CEL.
Old 02-15-2009, 06:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That just makes no sense..
Old 02-15-2009, 06:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Originally Posted by WRLEO
That just makes no sense..
It might not but it happened. I wouldn't have said it caused one had I not read about it. I would be just as elated as the next guy if it doesn't cause a CEL.

Maybe you can troubleshoot with him a bit further to see if a defouler did indeed fix the problem. It seemed as if I was the only one giving him pointers and maybe I was wrong but he hasn't stated that the problem has persisted. You're in a better position to help him out than myself.
Old 02-15-2009, 11:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Perhaps it was enough of an increase in intake air to cause the 2nd o2 to read too much exhaust air. Idk thats all I can think of.
Old 02-16-2009, 01:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ROFL! There is no way the intake manifold would create the need for a defouler by increasing the airflow that much. Your car would be soooo lean before anything of the sorts could even theoretically happen, if it even could at all. I'm thinking during the install he f'd up the o2 sensor and instead of replacing it with another one got a defouler for some odd reason. If that was the case we'd all be throwing cels everytime someone slaped an intake on.

Quick Reply: DYNO RESULTS WR INTAKE MANIFOLD FOR TC.