Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

FastScions.com Strup xB2 Exhaust Installation

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 10:17 PM
Former Sponsor

Default FastScions.com Strup xB2 Exhaust Installation

FastScions.com now offers the Strup Performance Upgrade Exhaust System T42226, for the xB2. This System Replaces All the Factory Exhaust Piping from the Resonator Back. Strup is the Only Performance System that Offers a Complete Resonator back Exhaust System for the 2008 – 2009 xB2. All other exhaust systems for the xB2 Replace the Muffler and Piping from the axle back.

Installation of the Strup Exhaust System takes roughly an Hour depending on your tools and experience, and will Instantly Bolster your xB2s Performance and Style.

First, remove the two (2) 10mm spring bolts securing the Extension Piping to the factory Resonator Using a 14mm Wrench or Socket.

Seconded, remove two (2) 10mm Bolts Using a 14mm Wrench or Socket Securing the Extension Piping to the factory muffler.

Third, slide the rubber hangers off the chassis and remove factory Muffler and Extension Piece. (WD-40 could aid in the removal of the rubber hangers. Save the rubber hangers as they will be re-used to hang the Strup Exhaust System)

After the factory Muffler and Extension Pipe are removed, replace the rubber hangers on the Strup Exhaust Pieces before installation. Next, Install Strups Extension Pipe under the car and slide the rubber hanger back onto the chassis and Secure the Extension Pipe to the factory resonator using the two (2) 10mm Spring Bolts and Tighten.

Next, install the Axle-Back Exhaust System (Muffler Section), secure the rubber hanger and Muffler to the chassis. Using the Strup Supplied Gasket and Three (3) 10mm nuts, Secure the Strup Muffler to the end of the Strup Extension Pipe and tighten. (The Three Bolt Flange Adds Strength and Prevents Warping)

This Exhaust System Replaces the Restrictive Factory Equipment and is 100% Polished Stainless Steel. Another Benefit to Strups System is the 2.5’ Inch Piping with 4’ Inch Polished Tip, that Runs from the Resonator to the Rear of the Vehicle. Strups larger diameter piping allows the motor to flow more Exhaust, Run Cooler and Adds Aggressive Style and Performance to your xB2.

Check Out the Difference: (Three Bolt Flange Adds Strength and Prevents Warping)

The Strup Exhaust System is a Complete Bolt-On Kit for the xB2.

Strup Performance Exhaust adds Great Styling to your xB2.

The Added Performance will Improve Gas Mileage with Great Sounding Strup tone.

Test Drive: Upon Start Up the Exhaust Note is Subtle Yet Provides a Deep and Smooth Tone. At Idle and Low RPMs the Strup Exhaust is Hardly Noticeable Which Prevents Unnecessary Attention from Authorities. However, at Mid to High RPMs the Exhaust Opens up and Allows the Engine to Breathe Much More Freely. Increased Throttle Response Was Noted Immediately at Both City and Highway Driving. Gains of approximately 4 to 5 Horsepower Is What to Expect on Completely Stock xB2s. For the Best Sound, Quality and Performance the Strup xB2 Exhaust System to The Only Way To Go!

Stay Tuned for Our Strup xB2 Header Installation and Results Later this week.

IN STOCK NOW!!!

Ships Next Business Day

Check It Out Now at Fastscions.com

http://www.fastscions.com/scion-xb2-...st-system.aspx

Scionlife Members Receive an Additional 5% Discount!! Don't Hesitate, Act Now!

http://www.fastscions.com/index.aspx?dc=scionlife

Feel free to PM us with any questions or concerns.

[/size][/size]
Old 03-10-2009, 10:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Nice sales pitch... Only problem is this system doesnt really free up much of anything because of the large scuba like resonator before it... Its like taking one kink out of a hose that has a bigger kink by the source...

The quality of parts does look nice though and thanks for the write up...
Old 03-10-2009, 11:43 PM
Former Sponsor

Yea, that resonator is freakin humongous! Fortunately there are replacement S-Pipes for the xB2 that eliminate that POS.

Old 03-11-2009, 01:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

As I've been saying, someone needs to make a FULL system for our cars, with an S-Pipe and Scuba replacement along with the rest of the path. This is good though. It's priced evenly with the other axle-backs, except it's not really an axle-back.
Old 03-11-2009, 08:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

Strup was def the first but not the only one out. I have the Tsudo Dual Exhaust and its Scuba back system.

I love the look of the Tsudo Dual exhaust and the sound But at the same time im getting tired of the dual exhaust and now after seeing the Strup intalled on a SW xB Im reali Thinking about selling mine and gettign the Strup set-up. Looks just perfect .

Also i love the look of those tail light's what brand are those? Anzo? They look just perfect as well. Have to check out your site to see if there on there.

Any plans for a Scuba Replacement?
Old 03-11-2009, 01:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

seriously how about someone make a replacement for the scuba. they would make a killing.
Old 03-11-2009, 02:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Mach-box
seriously how about someone make a replacement for the scuba. they would make a killing.
The main problem that most manufacturers see here is that the "scuba" has a resonator and a catalytic converter inside it. They would basically have to sell you a catalytic converter and a resonator that's good enough to keep it quiet (legal quiet, not "people" quiet). That's why I'm hoping some aftermarket company that isn't HKS/Tanabe/etc. to make one.
Old 03-11-2009, 02:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i am hoping for anything at the moment. besides ebay..
Old 03-11-2009, 02:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Rob @ Descendant said he had something developed and was waiting for it to be shelved (I PM'd him about it a little while ago).
Old 03-11-2009, 02:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well when its ready for sale. count me in.
Old 03-11-2009, 04:24 PM
Former Sponsor

Scuba Replacement Pipe in the Works,...

Stay Tuned
Old 03-11-2009, 09:06 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
AlphaSquad
SL Member

Originally Posted by 1fastscion
Yea, that resonator is freakin humongous! Fortunately there are replacement S-Pipes for the xB2 that eliminate that POS.

actually the S Pipe and the resonator are completly different. No one has a direct scuba replacemtent yet.

Sorry didnt see a reaponse on this yet..
Old 03-12-2009, 03:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Utah Scions
SL Member

Originally Posted by FromTheOld
Rob @ Descendant said he had something developed and was waiting for it to be shelved (I PM'd him about it a little while ago).
But it seems like you can't buy anything from that company without purchasing the entire turbo kit.
Old 03-12-2009, 04:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Check out CXracing .com. Most of what they sell looks like junk, the photo of the exhaust header is a joke.

However, if you are willing to give them a try they have a SS header back 3" system. Let me know how it realy is if you get one. It looks to have potential.
Old 03-12-2009, 05:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

Originally Posted by 1fastscion
Scuba Replacement Pipe in the Works,...

Stay Tuned

Thank you for the PM for the lights, Getting my money togeather and gonna be placeing an order. Also will stay tuned for the scuba replacement cant wait.
Old 03-12-2009, 05:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Utah Scions
SL Member

Originally Posted by madmarx
Check out CXracing .com. Most of what they sell looks like junk, the photo of the exhaust header is a joke.

However, if you are willing to give them a try they have a SS header back 3" system. Let me know how it realy is if you get one. It looks to have potential.
https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=236886

also
https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=241615

It appears that the "test mule" that CXRacing used possibly wasn't lowered or it just wasn't that low.
Old 03-18-2009, 07:34 PM

I'm picking up my STRUP exhaust from FASTSCIONS next week, these guys are great to deal with and local for me in socal. I called them up and Marco was great on the phone...
Old 03-19-2009, 05:57 PM
Former Sponsor

You the man Robert!

Btw guys . . Strup xB2 Exhaust Specials are in affect through the end of the month!! $50 off!!

Click the link to check our new pricing!!

http://www.fastscions.com/scion-xb2-...st-system.aspx

Strup xB2 Special will last through Tues, March 31.

Take advantage while you can! Ships NEXT business day!!
Old 03-22-2009, 02:08 AM

I picked up my STRUP EXHAUST this morning @ 10am... Thanks to the guys over @ www.fastscions.com , I'm loving it...
Old 03-26-2009, 06:57 PM
Former Sponsor

anytime . . it is in my opinion, the best sounding exhaust for the xB2. Not to mention, BEST SELLING

Dont forget we are offering $50 off the normal price of $369.99 ($319.99)!!

Take advantage xB2 owners!

Quick Reply: FastScions.com Strup xB2 Exhaust Installation