Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Hifonics Speakers

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2009, 12:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Hifonics Speakers

I will be getting a pioneer AVH-p5000dvd soon and im crazy excited about it. but i wanna start to upgrade my speakers as well. I saw these and i like the illumination feautere it would help with my blue sub 6 theme. But what do you guys know about the company?

http://www.hifonicsusa.com/Hifonics_Zeus_Speakers.html and which do i need to fit my upfront speakers and wall as the back ones. i wanna replace it all.or any other brands that light up like that??

Thanks
Old 03-21-2009, 03:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

As for the speaker size - https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=36181.

I have heard a little about hifonics, but not a lot. They don't seem to be too "main stream". I haven't heard anything bad about them, but I kind of have mixed feelings on what I am reading from the site.
The compenents look nice, but the subs seem like they may be lacking a bit. I am not a professional on analyzing stuff simply by reading the specs, so this is mearly my opinion.
I would like to learn more about it though.
Old 03-21-2009, 07:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^ says for TC speakers. maybe its both? sweet. yea i really like the whole glow speaker thing. its crazy dope.
Old 03-21-2009, 08:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

decent speaker for the money but you can do a whole lot better for not a whole lot more.
Old 03-21-2009, 11:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

they used to make great amps back in the day.. not so much anymore.. build quality is no where near where it was years ago... why don't you go with something else and build a ring with led's to shine down on the speaker.. that way if an led goes out you can easily replace it
Old 03-22-2009, 05:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Slody4Futbol
they used to make great amps back in the day.. not so much anymore.. build quality is no where near where it was years ago... why don't you go with something else and build a ring with led's to shine down on the speaker.. that way if an led goes out you can easily replace it
i'm really open to all ideas, im not loot to buy some big amp and fill my car. just somethin better than stock, and rigging it with leds would be ideal but idk really how to go about that. Assist?
Old 03-22-2009, 05:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by randomsuper
decent speaker for the money but you can do a whole lot better for not a whole lot more.
like?
Old 03-22-2009, 06:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

are you going to amp them up?
Old 03-22-2009, 12:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

are you going to amp them up?
maybe later im just doing front door now. i dont have dough for amp
Old 03-23-2009, 04:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

on a budget, phoenix gold rsd comps are the shizz. really nice tweet and not too screechy, decent mid bass, good power handling, and they will fit the factory moutning locations no problem. you can get them on ebay for like 60-70 shipped. they sound pretty decent off a headunit but amp them up and they'll really rock. for the money, they are the best value you can get. trust me. they sound as nice if not better than the cdt comps i have in my xb.

you can also spend a little more and get rockford 3 way comps (1 mid, 2 tweets) for like 80 shipped but they need an amp. imo they have sick highs but slack on the mids. if you have a lot of bass and need some highs these are the way to go if you're on a budget. properly tuned they sound really really nice. they just require a little effort to get full sound.
Old 03-23-2009, 12:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

on a budget, phoenix gold rsd comps are the shizz. really nice tweet and not too screechy, decent mid bass, good power handling, and they will fit the factory moutning locations no problem. you can get them on ebay for like 60-70 shipped. they sound pretty decent off a headunit but amp them up and they'll really rock. for the money, they are the best value you can get. trust me. they sound as nice if not better than the cdt comps i have in my xb.

you can also spend a little more and get rockford 3 way comps (1 mid, 2 tweets) for like 80 shipped but they need an amp. imo they have sick highs but slack on the mids. if you have a lot of bass and need some highs these are the way to go if you're on a budget. properly tuned they sound really really nice. they just require a little effort to get full sound.
what would reccomend from some slight sound dampening my driver and passengerside front doors rattle quite a bit sometimes.

imma take a look at the pheonix
Old 03-23-2009, 11:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i used edead and fatmat on my car. they both do the same thing and i got it for cheap on ebay.
Old 03-24-2009, 08:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hifonics used to make great amps but when they sold under new ownership they started putting out more sub par products. I remember their Zeus line was incredible.... I wouldn't get anything from them anymore though.... for the money there are much better options.

whats your budget? what amp will you be firing these up with? Try looking at Alpine Type S's I've always felt they had really decent subs and speakers for the more mainstream brand stuff.

For more cost minded subs I'd go with the Infiniti Reference 1050's or possibly their higher models or JBL's..... I really like the Memphis Audio Power Reference setup as well which are like $80 bucks.

different brands deliver different type of bass.... there's really alot of options, what type of music do you listen to? are you looking for hard hitting bass or more of a tight sq bass.
Old 03-24-2009, 01:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hifonics amps are ok for the money. they put out a ton of power, you just better have the electrical upgrades to back it up. a lot of the cheaper brands are ultra inefficient.

mb quart is now owned by the same company that owns hifonics so you can get a good deal on their amps as well. a buddy of mines bought one that supposedly throws out 1000rms at 1 ohm and it keeps up with my rockford p1000 pretty well and cost like 1/2.

for subs, i'm telling you right now, go RE. best sub i've ever owned. has awesome sq and slams the hell out of my xb.
Old 03-24-2009, 04:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

allright i'll lay down some basics here. as of right now. i have money for my AVH-p5000 in a week or soo i wanted to upgrade my door speakers. im gonna have to do it myself so i wanted to go slow. no subwoofers at the moment i don't have room. or the money for an amp n such. so im thinking something that just upgrades my stock sound a bit. i also wanna somehow wire the door speakers up so they glow blue like the hifonics which is why i was looking at them in the first place. I don't have the biggest budget ever. this wont be a show car and im REAL rough on my equipment so i just need it to work.

I know having an AM HU will help alot as far as soinud quality. i've also never opened my car up electro wise. i've done some easy LED swaps and some soldering but no messing with the wiring ____. thats new for me.

I hope thats enough info.
Old 03-24-2009, 04:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
1UP Crew
SL Member

i have hifonics and mb quarts all threw out my car clarity of my highs and mids are wonderful amp are great also i have the brutus and titan amp i cant complain any more but i guess that's just my opinion
Old 03-24-2009, 06:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

buy good speakers then hook up some led's in the door panels. that's your best bet. go with the phoenix rsd's man. i'm telling you. they sound exceptionally good for the price. they are a very popular budget set of comps for a reason.
Old 03-24-2009, 08:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

buy good speakers then hook up some led's in the door panels. that's your best bet. go with the phoenix rsd's man. i'm telling you. they sound exceptionally good for the price. they are a very popular budget set of comps for a reason.
aight one last question then. 1. do i need an amp for those or will i be fine wiht the pioneer? 2. how do i install? 3. yes i am that new haha
Old 03-24-2009, 08:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the phoenix rsd's will sound best without an amp. they won't sound as good as they can, but they'll be better than stock for sure. you'll definately lose some bass since you aren't feeding them enough power though. install is easy. i'm sure there's a diy on here somewhere with all the specifics.
Old 03-24-2009, 08:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

if you're not going to supply an amp to power up the subs but you want some bass then I would scratch the idea all together and just get yourself some nice component speakers for your front's and coaxials for the rear speakers... You'll stay under budget and with upgraded speakers it'll supply you with some bass.... it'll provide a much nicer sound than powering your subs via your head unit.

Randomsuper is giving you good advice.... just get some comps.... I have Hertz / audison speakers in my Lexus and they have much more bass than anticipated.

Quick Reply: Hifonics Speakers