Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Interest in a TRUE full exhaust?

Old 03-30-2009, 03:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Interest in a TRUE full exhaust?

EDIT: Looks like the general idea here is that we should just make a scubatank portion replacement. Sounds good. Have fun vendors!

Who's interested in a TRUE full exhaust? What I mean by this is an exhaust that comes as one system with the following:

S-Pipe (with a place for a CEL Eliminator to go on for those that run an aftermarket header)
Catalytic Converter/Resonator replacement (preferably with another catalytic converter and a resonator/muffler that does a decent job of making the car quiet)
Midpipe
Axle-back (most likely will need a pretty big muffler here, like an oval or a large diameter round one to help the middle one out so the car isn't too ricey)

I'm pretty sure it's troublesome to buy the S-Pipe and all that other stuff off a bunch of different places due to shipping costs, and of course, some people want a true bolt on solution that also replaces the middle section. Also, there are just some people who don't want to go to a muffler/exhaust shop or don't have a decent reputable one nearby.

The reason I bring this up is because most of the replacements just aren't proper for this car. The CXRacing Exhaust is a full replacement, but it's 3 inches and is of questionable quality (fitment and other stuff). The mufflers that are on it aren't even sufficient enough to make it remotely quiet and they are probably just pure glasspacks (without any stainless steel mesh around the perforated cores to protect the fiberglass) which make the durability questionable. The same goes for all those other eBay "Catbacks". Other than eBay and CXR, there are no full exhausts.

It should probably be 2.25 or 2.5 inch piping, and of course, 304 stainless steel, but maybe there should be an option for aluminized steel piping for those that don't live in the "rust belt" and don't need to worry so much about rust. It would be much cheaper (for those on a budget or just for those cheap xB2 owners) and still would last fine as long as the aluminized coating was thick enough (or you could always paint it. Yes, I know exhausts rust inside out, but good high temperature paint can help a little for outside scratches).

So, is anyone interested in a system? I think this topic can show some vendors that there is interest (well...if there is interest). Just post up if you care or are interested.
Old 03-30-2009, 04:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

Hey bro, Im with you.

I have the Tsudo Dual exhaust and just love it, but wish they had put there heads togeather and make sure they built a kit that can work with the Five axis lip kit and other dual cut out rear lips. I also want a cat delete pipe but cant find one cause no one sells it unless you buy the whole kit from CX or Ebay kits. and now i wanna get the axis lip kit or bomex and have to spend time and maybe even money to get it to work. And i cant see spending $350 + on the borla kit that's just pipes.

I wanna see a company make a Full system Dual and single that's full header back and will work with the dual lip kits on the market. Is that too much to ask!!!!
Old 03-30-2009, 06:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by DREWxB08
I wanna see a company make a Full system Dual and single that's full header back and will work with the dual lip kits on the market. Is that too much to ask!!!!
Yes, it is too much to ask Drew. Sorry, just answering your question.
Old 03-30-2009, 07:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

Originally Posted by CIONIDE

Well as True as that sound's, Im still gonna have hope that someday a company will get it right.
Old 03-30-2009, 01:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That's a little too much to ask.
Old 03-30-2009, 03:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

Originally Posted by FromTheOld
That's a little too much to ask.

Well i cant see why, Borla built an Exhaust and it works with both Bomex and fives axis. My thing is to pay 350 for just axle back pipes def not. But if a company take's specs of the borla than bam!! it can happen!! Im gonna talk to local exhaust shops and come up with my idea.
Old 03-30-2009, 03:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Your idea is more of a custom application. Mine is simply mimicing the stock exhaust, but with different mufflers. That is why your idea should be done by an exhaust shop
Old 03-30-2009, 03:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey bro, Im with you.

I have the Tsudo Dual exhaust and just love it, but wish they had put there heads togeather and make sure they built a kit that can work with the Five axis lip kit and other dual cut out rear lips.
I have the Tsudo Dual exhaust , and it works fine with the Five axis lip kit . Just had to lower it slightly.
Old 03-30-2009, 05:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

Originally Posted by Redbeard46
Hey bro, Im with you.

I have the Tsudo Dual exhaust and just love it, but wish they had put there heads togeather and make sure they built a kit that can work with the Five axis lip kit and other dual cut out rear lips.
I have the Tsudo Dual exhaust , and it works fine with the Five axis lip kit . Just had to lower it slightly.

Reali? Oh man I kept hearing that it does not fit and will need major modding to get it done. Do you happen to have a pic of it? Please?
Old 03-30-2009, 05:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

Originally Posted by FromTheOld
Your idea is more of a custom application. Mine is simply mimicing the stock exhaust, but with different mufflers. That is why your idea should be done by an exhaust shop

Your correct, I def would love to see a Exhuast come out that can mimic the stock but allow better Flow and Exhaust tone.
Old 03-30-2009, 06:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

my custom exhaust mimics the stock exhaust exactly except 2.5" pipeing and a magnaflow resonator in the place of the scuba. o and my pipeing connects to the HKS wagon exhaust tip
Old 03-30-2009, 08:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Beckenbauer
my custom exhaust mimics the stock exhaust exactly except 2.5" pipeing and a magnaflow resonator in the place of the scuba. o and my pipeing connects to the HKS wagon exhaust tip
Well this topic is supposed to find out if people are interested in a full exhaust or not, so we'll see what happens.
Old 03-31-2009, 01:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

im just saying it would be cheaper to get a custom one... but if there was a full exhaust out i would of done that instead of custom... i just couldnt pass up paying only $148.56 for a resonator back lol
Old 03-31-2009, 01:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

im just saying it would be cheaper to get a custom one... but if there was a full exhaust out i would of done that instead of custom... i just couldnt pass up paying only $148.56 for a resonator back lol
Custom is sometimes not an option.

Anyways, I posted up this topic as I figured some xB2 guys would like to see some more development. Right now it doesn't look like it. Well, that's okay too. The xB2 won't get much aftermarket support if you guys don't do anything about it (IE: Show interest).
Old 03-31-2009, 01:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

this is so true lol ^ and then people complain cause no one makes aftermarket parts for us xb2's...come on peps show some dang interest. this is why i dont even say anything about seeing who would all be interested in aftermarket stuff...
Old 03-31-2009, 01:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

this is so true lol ^ and then people complain cause no one makes aftermarket parts for us xb2's...come on peps show some dang interest. this is why i dont even say anything about seeing who would all be interested in aftermarket stuff...
It was worth a try on my end. I have no problem fabricating my own stuff. I just don't have the time to deal with stuff like this for now because of good old college.
Old 03-31-2009, 01:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

same college is a _____ cause it takes up all my time for installs and parts lol ahhhhhh
Old 03-31-2009, 08:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
1UP Crew
SL Member

I am interested. I think what you outlined is what many of us xB owners are looking for.
Old 03-31-2009, 09:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by boooosty
I am interested. I think what you outlined is what many of us xB owners are looking for.
Nice. Let's hope some vendors take a look at this topic.
Old 03-31-2009, 11:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Utah Scions
SL Member

I'm interested, but if I suffecient funds at the time is always questionable. Some times I may have an extra couple hundo, sometimes I won't.

I have a lot of "must haves" and "must have nots". Must have is definitely stainless steel. It doesn't have to be polished, but if it's not all that much more, then why not?!? I'm not a fan of fart cans. At all. The HKS hooked up to the TRD replica mid pipe sounds great, but I hate fart cans. The Tanabe axle back looks good, but the fitment looks a little off to me and it appears the tip is just kind of hanging in the middle of nowhere.

I'm picky as all hell, I know.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Interest in a TRUE full exhaust?