Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Custom Exhaust Issues, HALP!

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2009, 02:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Custom Exhaust Issues, HALP!

Okay SO

I go to this shop, ask for a 12" reverse glasspack and Flowmaster 40 series single in double out, dual exhaust set up, Because there used to be a clip of a tC that had it and it sounded proper, low rumble no rasp and no foldgers can drama

Guy gives me an 18" resonator and 80series flowmaster...

On the driver home it falls out of the driver side Hanger...GG

WORST OF ALL

Sounds like a damn honda. *facepalm*

Does anyone have experience with custom exhaust on their box yet? If I get another shop to throw the glasspack and 40 series on will it sound right?

or is that going to end up raspy/fartcanny as well?

Should I just go straight pipes? will that come out sounding right?

And before most of you ask / input I can't just get a regular muffler set up thats made for our cars, it HAS to be custom dual for my next project, don't ask

Anyways, thought I knew what was up with this now its turned into drama, now I'm doubting myself and the exhaust shops I go to won't fork over any info without charging me more money so, I turn to my fellow enthusiasts.
Old 05-17-2009, 02:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

if i were you i'd get a mangnaflow , they sound sick on tC's.....also did the hanger broke or just poped out,? cus if it broke you should make them fix it
Old 05-17-2009, 02:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Rockztar
if i were you i'd get a mangnaflow , they sound sick on tC's.....also did the hanger broke or just poped out,? cus if it broke you should make them fix it
Hanger just slides out when I drive on the freeway, needs a longer arm bar.

I called the guy and told him ay look, I am not feeling how the stuff sounds on my car, I'd like to get what I asked for put on, or straight pipes, and he brushed me off so I disputed his charge f that beezy

my buddy and I are gonna re-do it we just wanna make sure we get it right this time, teach me to trust ANYONE under my wagon agian

Anyways, does the rasp come from the car, the resonator, or the muffler? sounds like the muffler to me... but I'm no pro
Old 05-17-2009, 02:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

that sucks man, if he won't give you your money back atleast make him fix the hanger.......well im no expert either but the way i understand it, is that the rasp comes from the car itself , the exhaust system just dampens or cancels out the rasp.....so it just depends on the componests of the exhaust system ( ie resonator, muffler, etc) and how well they do their job.