Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...
View Poll Results: Exhaust Poll
Tanabe Concept G
50.00%
Aero turbine Resonator & muffler
50.00%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Exhaust Opinion & Poll w/ pics & video clips

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2009, 06:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Exhaust Opinion & Poll w/ pics & video clips

Well I've done my whole suspension & now I'm ready for my exhaust system. I have 2kracing to do my exhaust, $150 for the whole install, includes the 2.5" piping. But I am torn between two mufflers, Aero turbine & Tanabe concept G. The AT is a non resonated muffler that I will pair with an AT resonator(this setup is actually a cheaper setup than a resonated muffler, go fig). The concept G is a resonated muffler that will not need a separate resonator, so it will be a straight pipe all the way thru. Both are awesome looking/sounding set ups but I would like your honest opinion between the two.

Here are some comparison pics.

Aero turbine muffler & resonator
Name:  AT2540ipreview.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  20.9 KB
Name:  aero_ar.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  12.8 KB

Tanabe Concept G
Name:  turp_0902_21_z2003_2009_nissan_350z.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  30.1 KB

And some sound clips. (There weren't 2 xb2's that had both exhaust so I'm using the TC's because they have similar engines.)

Tc w/ AT
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdhyTLTM9C8

Tc w/ concept G
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sw1o-MiZDLk

Be brutally honest on your opinion & past experiences w/ these products. Thnx.
Old 06-20-2009, 10:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i dont really know much about the aero turbine muffler but I can tell you the tanabe will make your ride very quiet. also, are you getting rid of the stock resonator? If not you dont need a another one. My set up is 2.5" pipe from resonator back, split to dual pipes and custom tips. sounds great, not too loud, and i believe it would still meet any emissions tests. (I live in Hawaii and we dont have to have those) my point to you is you dont need a resonated muffler unless you got rid of the stock one
Old 06-20-2009, 01:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by drewsxb808
i dont really know much about the aero turbine muffler but I can tell you the tanabe will make your ride very quiet. also, are you getting rid of the stock resonator? If not you dont need a another one. My set up is 2.5" pipe from resonator back, split to dual pipes and custom tips. sounds great, not too loud, and i believe it would still meet any emissions tests. (I live in Hawaii and we dont have to have those) my point to you is you dont need a resonated muffler unless you got rid of the stock one
Well I do plan on getting a full catback setup w/ the intent of getting rid of the scuba & either relacing it or going straight pipe if I go w/ a resonated muffler. I am going for a deep rumble tone on the setup I want, and these two seem to provide it. Check out the video clips & tell me wich sounds better IYO, & vote for it. Plus I've talked to my shop & a few other forums & they have all told me getting rid of the scuba & replacing it, or even going straight pipe wont affect the emmisions test, unless I take the Cat. converter off
Old 06-20-2009, 09:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

out of those two get the tanabe..but you could save a lot of money if you got the ebay one...seriously...for the money its pretty awesome...