Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Oznium cold cathodes

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 05:19 AM
Unique Scionikz
SL Member

Default Oznium cold cathodes

Hey everyone, I have been having some problems with my setup, I have two cathodes under the dash one on each side under my front seat and under the compartment in the back seat they all work except the ones under my front seats. They wokf for a while but then the transformer burns out. I thought at first might have just been a bad transformer but then changed it and same thing happened again, at first starts to smell like something is burning then the lights go out, I have all of the cathodes wired up to one switch and all ground separately, and I fused it with a 20amp fuse, my question is ewhat could be the problem? Should I put a bigger fuse on it? I have check all my wiring twice and everything looks good, no loose wires or exposed wires so idk what could cause the transformer to burn out. If any one could ehelp me that would be great. Thnx
Unique Scionikz
Old 07-02-2009, 05:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

PM Aciddrop he is very resourceful im sure he can help.
Old 07-03-2009, 12:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

20 amps is overkill, each of those pairs or cathodes (assuming you're wiring them correctly with one transformer per pair) should only be drawing 700mA each for a total of 2.1A, a 5A fuse would be fine . Your fuse is so huge it probably dosent have a chance to draw enough current to blow before the transformer goes. check all the wiring again for nick/cuts in the insulation, you're shorting.