Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

My New Armrest

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2009, 06:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default My New Armrest

So i was determined to get a new arm rest. Whether it be a new center console or just a new arm rest. My search ended at Armando's Upholstery in Santee. I was sent away at 3 other upholstery shops here in San Diego, 1 that was HIGHLY recommended by multiple people. They used the existing arm rest, added one inch in height and 1 inch out more to the right for depth. Overall I'm very happy with how it came out, sure it's not perfect but It's much much better than stock.
Pros - a VAST improvement over that pile of monkey crap Scion calls an arm rest. SUPER comfortable, all added material is foam. Super thick and super soft. Only $30
Cons - Definitely looks aftermarket, doesn't quite match the interior. Interferes with glove box closing when it's fully opened. They way the material was done, there is some slack so it covers the bolt and can slip off if needed.

Verdict, for the price it's WELL worth it. I commute 1hr a day minimum and I use my arm rest ALL the time. The comfort and price well out weigh the cons. Thanks to Armando!!

Name:  armrest005.jpg
Views: 95
Size:  132.0 KB
Name:  armrest003.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  108.2 KB
Old 09-19-2009, 04:31 PM
5 Year Member

Looks good. I should take pictures of my arm rest. I took the stock one out and bolted one from a 90's style Ford ranger to the center console. Now both the driver and passenger can use the armrest. it does block one of the cup holders though.
Old 09-19-2009, 05:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by brendaneph
Looks good. I should take pictures of my arm rest. I took the stock one out and bolted one from a 90's style Ford ranger to the center console. Now both the driver and passenger can use the armrest. it does block one of the cup holders though.
So you used the center console cover from the ranger? I was thinking about doing something like that, maybe making one using the base, and fabricating something out of MDF or the like. (My wife really wants an arm rest) I can't imagine it being that difficult just time consuming (as long as i find my saw) The other thing I was thinking of doing is finding an arm rest, fabricating a bracket that bolts to the center console and bolting the arm to the bracket. Seems like a lot of work, but so is listening to the wife complain!!! Post pics if you get a chance!! Thanks!
Old 09-20-2009, 02:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

now THAT would be an excelent picture to see...
Old 09-23-2009, 10:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That looks great, I was thinking if we bugged Scion headquarters about the armrest maybe they would retro fit it for us bigger guys?
BTW I saw that the Ruinon has two armrest, one for the driver and passenger.

Nesta
Old 09-24-2009, 12:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

holy crap thats ugly! lol but Im sure it feels nice.
Old 10-11-2009, 08:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Not being rude, but you come on here trying to advertise your company, I went to the site, saw some generic pictures that looks like you used MSPaint to edit and add text onto the armrests, the material doesn't match, doesn't fit snug on the rounded ends, and the pictures I saw from shows consisted of a black stretch cloth, on tan leather seats.. doesn't match at all.

This does not have anything to do with what we're trying to achieve here, which is a bigger armrest, now if you made a new bolt on armrest, then I could see how your advertising here would be relevant.

If you have any, please post pics of any armrests you have created/installed on the 2nd gen xb so we can get a better understanding of what you're trying to provide.
Old 10-12-2009, 01:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Pics, or it didn't happen!
Old 10-12-2009, 02:24 PM
Banned

Thanks for the positive feedback. Not advertising really just trying to make this product available to people who don't know about it. The stretchable material fits most all arm rest in whatever automobile. That is what makes it so cool!!! We have the only patent on this product and you can even have a design transfer of your choice. Got a favorite picture of your ride. Let our Graphic Designer look at your download and give you the quality of resolution to have a design transfer logo put on your own arm rest cover. If you think this is cool please pass on to all of your buddies>>>> Thanks
Old 10-12-2009, 08:16 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You need to be a vendor to advertise your product on this site.
Old 10-12-2009, 08:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by sok-itz
Not advertising really just trying to make this product available to people who don't know about it.
Um... do you know what Advertising means?

In any case, I've removed your posts. As others have said and I edited in your other posts - you need to be a forum sponsor before you can advertise/sell here.

Contact info for that here: http://www.internetbrands.com/autonetwork
Old 10-20-2009, 08:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

armrests look comfy. Kinda stupid how they dont give a passenger one too...