Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Clazzio seat cover installation

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2009, 03:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Clazzio seat cover installation

I'm installing some Clazzio leather seat covers in my car and need to know what other people did with the string that runs through the bottom of the cushion. The instructions leave a little to be desired. Any tips?

Also the instructions don't really say what to do with the flap that hangs at the bottom of the seat back. There are two elastic loops at the end of the flap. I suppose I'm going to wrap the flap under the seat and find a place where the elastic loops can be hooked onto. The kit came with some metal hooks I can use for this. Is that right? This is what I found out from searching on this subject.

So far the covers look nice. They smell like vinyl. Can't wait till that goes away...
Old 12-23-2009, 04:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I got my covers on order- 5 weeks in. I do not have answer for you, but maybe someone on this thread can help:

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=143029

Please post some pics when you finish the install. Also, if you have any tips or advice on the install, please pass it along.
Old 12-23-2009, 06:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Utah Scions
SL Member

They smell like vinyl because they are vinyl.

Maybe some other people can shine some light on the subject. I've yet to get the Clazzio's for my xB. But I will one of these days. Maybe after wheels. :D
Old 12-23-2009, 06:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i have the same problem, the string is just hangin, and so is that extra flap. You know those plastic tips and that original flap that you tucked into the clazzio seat cover, i think that extra flap replaces that original one. i hope you understand me, i actually havent had a chance to see if it is that, i just thought about it right now.
Old 12-23-2009, 08:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

cut the plastic clips off the factory seat flaps.. then i used those metal hooks.. and under the seat you will see some metal bars that go across from left to right and they have holes in them.. you can use the metal hooks to hook the flap to that so it doesn't hang.. i have no strings or flaps hanging under my seats
Old 12-23-2009, 01:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by xseveredveganx
They smell like vinyl because they are vinyl.

Maybe some other people can shine some light on the subject. I've yet to get the Clazzio's for my xB. But I will one of these days. Maybe after wheels. :D
Occam's Razor
Old 12-23-2009, 02:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thanks for the tips. I'm going to hook the flaps under the seat. I'm not sure if I need to remove the original plastic hooks from the original flap. I think I can just use the included metal hooks if that makes any sense. The strings are tucked away nicely so I guess I wont worry about them.

The installation is quite easy except for these little finishing touches. All I can add is that when installing the seat backs, roll up the covers a bit and slide on the top over the shoulders of the seats. Once you get the shoulders in the right position, then roll the cover on onto the seat like a condom. The instructions show this and I think it helps to get the covers in the right position without having to do much if any shifting.

...the vinyl smell should go away. The vinyl is still releasing gases but that should subside soon. The leather sections are awesome. I'l try to get pics soon.
Old 12-23-2009, 07:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the instructions say to cut off the plastic thing from the old seat covers.. that piece folds up onto the back of the seat and the cover slides over it
Old 12-23-2009, 07:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Slody4Futbol
the instructions say to cut off the plastic thing from the old seat covers.. that piece folds up onto the back of the seat and the cover slides over it
Yeah I caught that. The instructions have a picture of the original seat flaps with the plastic hooks cirlced and it says something like "remove" them. With the sketchy English translation, I interpretted this to mean to simply unhook them from the seat frame. Of course, you're probably 100% correct and it did cross my mind to remove the plastic, but I wanted the option to completely remove the seat covers in the future and put everything back to stock form (without having to sew those hooks back on). The fact that the original plastic hooks are still attached isn't noticeable at all since the covers are so thick. I'm going to just use the included metal hooks to secure the new flap. Then all will be good.
Old 12-24-2009, 03:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Utah Scions
SL Member

Lol! @ "sketchy English translation." Made me laugh.

Like some ramen noodles I scooped up from the Oriental market down the street from my house. I was scratching my head reading the instructions longer than they took to cook.
Old 12-24-2009, 04:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sorry for the not-so-great pics. It was dark in my little garage. Overall the fit is awesome. It's hard to believe they're just covers. The vinyl smell is going away. I'm actually thinking of not doing the door panels. The cloth panels don't bother me. ...but I bet I eventually do the panels when I'm looking for a project.

Name:  Clazzio_front.jpg
Views: 499
Size:  43.9 KB
Name:  Clazzio_rear.jpg
Views: 623
Size:  44.2 KB
Name:  Clazzio_rear2.jpg
Views: 443
Size:  47.5 KB
Old 12-24-2009, 02:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Covers look nice. Thanks for the pics. Were you going to do the door panels yourself?
Old 12-24-2009, 02:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ocotillo
Covers look nice. Thanks for the pics. Were you going to do the door panels yourself?
Thanks. I'd probably do the panels myself. I've done it once but I'm less inclined to do it to the xB since the stock panels blend in pretty well.
Old 05-10-2011, 08:44 PM
5 Year Member

Did the smell finally go away? After 2 years...

I'm looking to get a set. Do the covers cover the child restraint anchors on the back of the backseat panel?
Old 05-10-2011, 10:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by kiteboarder
Did the smell finally go away? After 2 years...

I'm looking to get a set. Do the covers cover the child restraint anchors on the back of the backseat panel?
The smell lasted nothing close to two years. It takes maybe a month or two. There are holes in the back for the anchors. You have to re-use the pastic trim for the anchors. It's hard not to break the tabs that hold the trim in place, so I had to order some from the dealer. They're cheap.

I don't have a part number, but you can point out the part on their diagram at the parts counter.

btw, I never did my door panels. I really don't notice that they're still cloth. It doesn't bug me at all. plus, when i sell the car I can remove the covers and the car will be stock again (inside).
Old 05-11-2011, 06:46 AM
5 Year Member

Good point on being able to return the car to stock. However, I'm doing the panels. I think that would be minor. I might use the leather to help sell the car with added value. A whole array of upgrades and mods in a car for sale is a waste of money, but a little thing here and there can sometimes help in certain situations.
Old 05-11-2011, 04:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

STILL SEXY !
Old 05-20-2011, 05:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Utah Scions
SL Member

Originally Posted by ClazzioSeatCovers
Hey you guys just letting you know I just opened a new Clazzio Seat Cover site mainly for Los Angeles people, but we do ship out. I work directly with the US branch so you can come in and pick them up. Check out the new site, for information, ordering, or questions. Clazzio Covers
Can you get the Clazzio stuff for the Nissan Cima Y33?

These ones:
http://www.11i.co.jp/matching/cars/detail/27

I'll have to flip through my VIP Style to make sure that's the one.