Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

ppi 356cs

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2010, 01:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default ppi 356cs

hey guyss, i ended up screwing the type-x's all together and getting these bad boys BNIB for $150 off ebay. So here's my question, for anyone who has these staged in the front of their XB, wherd you park these massive crossovers (havnt opened my door up yet so i dunno if thers room)!, second question: i know the XB has the tweets up near the a-pillar, would these ppi tweets work well there? or would i be i better shape to flush mount them in the door panel itself, i dont mind either, just want a recommendation on what would be best!
Old 01-16-2010, 04:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Crossover mounting

There's a good deal of room on the lower aft part of the door. My Infinity xovers are about 1/2 the size of the PPIs, but they had plenty of extra space. The tweeters should fit in the stock locations, but you may have to file out the hole bigger, and epoxy the mount in. Use just enough epoxy to make a good join, and wipe off any excess that may squeeze out. Oh, and use black epoxy too. I used JB Weld (24 hr set time) and it's gray, so now I have to paint the entire window triangle mount.
Old 01-16-2010, 04:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thanks for the tips they sound great from the stock location too? always wondered cuz i notice they point inward... not really towards the driver.
Old 01-16-2010, 04:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Utah Scions
SL Member

Like KaneoheKoa stated, crossovers are easily mounted towards the lower rear of the door. I've installed two sets of components (JL XR650-CSi's and MB Quart DSH216's) and I placed the crossovers in those locations. You can try to keep the stock plastic on the door, but I removed mine. You're not supposed to mount crossovers in the doors, but I haven't had a problem. If the front cover pops off, I would definitely use some electrical tape to tape around the perimeter.
Tweeters are a different story. My JL's fit perfectly behind the OEM sail panels. Can't even tell they're there. The MB Quart's, I had to cut a up the back a bit and eventually epoxy the raw tweeter from behind. Once again, you can't tell that they're there, OEM grille covers everything.

Take everything part and play with it. Unfortunately, there's not a lot of literature or owners manuals available in regards to those drivers.
Old 01-16-2010, 04:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

lol yeah, so glad i was able to pick up a pair though, they're supposed to compete with alot of the high end $500+ pairs so we'll see how they sound. Thanks for the advice though, epoxy awayyyyy :D
Old 01-16-2010, 04:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

http://www.mediafire.com/?22q3wdxzwdl

if u wanna check out the owners manual - i found it and uploaded incase ur at all curious