Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Alpine premium head unit not working with iOS 4.0

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 04:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Alpine premium head unit not working with iOS 4.0

Just upgraded my iphone 3GS to iOS 4.0 last night. Now it is not working with the USB connection to my Alpine premium HU. It doesn't give the "Comm Error", it looks like it is going to work and then switches back to the radio. It does this every time I press the ipod/USB button. The phone shows that it is connected, but it doesn't work.

Anyone else experiencing this?
Old 06-22-2010, 05:18 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Im sure something with the phone inst compatible with your unit. When the Ipod touches first came out, they had these problems as well. You will have to wait until someone develops something that will allow you to sync your Iphone with your Alpine CD player.

Don't think its anything your doing wrong really, I'll try looking into it for you

In order to help you though and to clarify my above statements, what are you using for equipment? Need model numbers and such and what adapter are you using?
Old 06-22-2010, 06:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by donnyp05tc
Im sure something with the phone inst compatible with your unit. When the Ipod touches first came out, they had these problems as well. You will have to wait until someone develops something that will allow you to sync your Iphone with your Alpine CD player.

Don't think its anything your doing wrong really, I'll try looking into it for you

In order to help you though and to clarify my above statements, what are you using for equipment? Need model numbers and such and what adapter are you using?
I appreciate your offer. Perhaps I wasn't clear. I am not using any aftermarket stereo equipment. My head unit is the stock Scion/Alpine premium head unit part# PT545-00102. There is a USB port in the center console that is/was compatible with the iphone/ipod. My iphone and ipod worked perfect until i ungraded to os 4.0.

From looking online, it appears that this is a widespread issue. Many different makes/models and many different brands of stereos. I hope Apple addresses this quickly.
Old 06-22-2010, 06:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

My bad. I should had done a soft reset (hold down power and home button together) before posting. All is well now. Hope I didn't alarm anyone. Carry on.
Old 06-27-2010, 01:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I upgraded to 4.0 with no issues. A soft reset first is always the best thing to try though I hate when I call tech support for something and that it always their first generic response.
Old 06-29-2010, 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by Stuntman Mike
Just upgraded my iphone 3GS to iOS 4.0 last night. Now it is not working with the USB connection to my Alpine premium HU. It doesn't give the "Comm Error", it looks like it is going to work and then switches back to the radio. It does this every time I press the ipod/USB button. The phone shows that it is connected, but it doesn't work.

Anyone else experiencing this?
I am having the same problem with my Bose Radio that is designed for the ipod. I get a not compatible device error since the upgrade. It will play music but it wont charge my iphone 3gs.