Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Complete Manifold back exhaust.

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2010, 06:26 PM
SKI
SL Member

Default Complete Manifold back exhaust.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2008-...Q5fAccessories

Just found this while playing around. I am still gonna go through rob, cuz i want to keep my center exit exhaust i just want everything in front of it replaced lol.
Old 11-30-2010, 06:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That is probably going to be unbelievably loud...but if you dig it, go for it!
Old 12-01-2010, 04:23 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by Roller_Toaster
That is probably going to be unbelievably loud...but if you dig it, go for it!
x2 on loud factor.
Old 12-01-2010, 07:38 PM
SKI
SL Member

I just want to get rid of the scuba tank, waiting for a direct fit mid pipe so i can put it back on for inspections just in case. I got the trd center exit exhaust on my rs 7.0 i don't race it i just want some more sound. Ideal for me would be from the s-pipe to the muffler factory fit stainless, if not i may get a whole kit one day.
Old 12-01-2010, 09:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It's going to be really loud. Just have a custom section made for you.
Old 12-01-2010, 11:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by SKI
I just want to get rid of the scuba tank, waiting for a direct fit mid pipe so i can put it back on for inspections just in case. I got the trd center exit exhaust on my rs 7.0 i don't race it i just want some more sound. Ideal for me would be from the s-pipe to the muffler factory fit stainless, if not i may get a whole kit one day.
The CXR 3" exhaust is VERY LOUD! I know, I had it on my car and even with a turbo, it was way too loud. Why not just get the 2.25" Ebay cat-back and have it custom mated to your TRD axle-back? It would be cheaper, sound better and it won't hang down 2" like the CXR rear mid-pipe does. Either way you'll need some custom work to mate either exhaust to your TRD. None of the CXR pipes bolt up to the oem pipes.
Old 12-02-2010, 05:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

I've redone my exhaust a few times. Im getting ready for a turbo so I went 3" from the header back. I just widened the scuba flanges to accept a 3" pipe. Im really happy with the way my car sounds. Its not loud but it is low and it does rumble at idle it sounds very similar to a 350Z. I'll see if I can figure out how to get a sound byte on here for you. My first exhaust was fabed off of an old camero but it was still pretty quite.

A lot of your tone is going to come from bolt ons too. Headers, CAI, Intake Mani.

I kept the scuba because in Cali cops look for a any reason to pull you over so I tried to hide the first indication that something wasnt legal lol plus ive heard what our cars sound like without it and it doesnt in any way sound clean its really loud and obnoxious lol but some people are into that and that whole different strokes for different folks thing comes to mind.
Old 12-02-2010, 10:56 PM
SKI
SL Member

It runs good and i don't want to mess with it, but i have modified every vehicle i have ever had. So i am trying to fight the erge to change anything. I don't even have a cold air intake yet, may not put one up there. It is my daily sexy xb. When i hit the big money i will just have world motor sports build me a xb. Haven't started playing the loto yet so gonna be awhile.
Old 12-04-2010, 05:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'd really like to pick up that 2.5 ebay exhaust that replaces the scuba and resembles the TRD. But the only reason I want it, is because it at least has a GIANT resonator in its place, instead of just a pipe.
Old 12-04-2010, 06:35 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
Team ScioNRG

eh... just thought I'd pop in on this thread.

While basically ANYTHING that is not OEM in CA will make your car "illegal", any legal aftermarket/performance manufacturer knows that it behoves them to stay within legal limits db wise unless they specifically make the customer/prospective customer well aware if the part they are selling is not intended for use on a street vehicle. If they do this then they are in the clear. For performance ones that a legit company sells, they will 99.9% all be at or under the 93-95 db. range. Because there are huge fines the manufacturer can get imposed for selling a performance street part that is intended for/sold to the US market.

I've built straight race only cars for people, and believe me, anyone that has been in or near a car built for race only and virtually unrestricted systems, in no way would EVER want to drive something like this on a normal every day basis.
And hell, those that have actually built/driven/been around actual race cars knows that when I say "loud"... I mean a turbo tC/ 2G xb would sound like a frickin' Toyota Prius compared to an actual race car. lol.
Old 12-04-2010, 03:25 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have that exhaust and it is LOUD! I still love it and I have never gotten pulled over for it.