Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

about to buy some clazzio seat covers for my '11 xb..

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 10:42 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default about to buy some clazzio seat covers for my '11 xb..

Does anyone have any gripes or any "don't do it" advice?
The price is pretty high but the quality from what I've heard is top notch. But I know that not everyone can be pleased it's just that seen anyone that has anything bad to say about it.

So here's your chance!

Praises are welcome too, or suggestions.

Thanks
Old 02-08-2011, 11:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Do it, they're fitted so well, they look like upholstered seats instead of seat covers. I'll pick some up eventually.
Old 02-09-2011, 12:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You will love them. this are mine.

Name:  1215091354.jpg
Views: 222
Size:  37.1 KB
Old 02-09-2011, 01:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

go for it. great buy and worth every penny. i got mine from bean garage here on scionlife. best price around and awesome customer service. you can find him on the sale section here.
Old 02-09-2011, 01:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you have suede on the headrest? i have grey perf. but not on the headrest.

Last edited by kidd; 02-09-2011 at 01:20 AM. Reason: add pic
Old 02-09-2011, 01:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah I have suede on my headliner, and it all began with the Clazzio seat covers.
Old 02-09-2011, 01:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

im not a fan of the clazzios. dont like the fit and feel of them.
Old 02-09-2011, 04:29 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

^ there's that one and only person that doesn't like them lol if he's telling the truth! but if it is, would you mind explaining?

I'm thinking of getting the leather with suede, or maybe just the pvc with suede? actually i really can't decide which combo i want at this time >.<
Old 02-09-2011, 04:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by sexby
I'm thinking of getting the leather with suede, or maybe just the pvc with suede? actually i really can't decide which combo i want at this time >.<
They're either all PVC, PVC with suede inserts, or PVC with perforated leather inserts... no leather with suede unless they are a custom order at a MUCH higher cost.
Old 02-09-2011, 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by Big_Jim
im not a fan of the clazzios. dont like the fit and feel of them.
I can understand not liking the feel but to say that you dont like the fit, get serious! you will not find a better fitting seat cover short of a professional re upholster job and even then it would be difficult for the average person to distinguish let alone make a statement like "I dont like the way it fits". To each his own but come on now...........FIT.
Old 02-09-2011, 09:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by kidd
you have suede on the headrest? i have grey perf. but not on the headrest.
http://kidd73.mypicgallery.com/FREDR...iof1_large.jpg
http://kidd73.mypicgallery.com/FREDR...iof2_large.jpg
I've read they stopped doing the suede on the headrest because of install difficulty(hard to stretch?). Def would be nice to have leather headrests too. I was about to search(still am) on these in the forum but saw this one bumped up.
Old 02-09-2011, 09:58 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by randomsuper
go for it. great buy and worth every penny. i got mine from bean garage here on scionlife. best price around and awesome customer service. you can find him on the sale section here.
Yups, Ive emailed back and forth a bit with the owner of bean garage(mostly about shipping to my location). I wanted to get them for an Xmas present to myself but ran low on funds(go figure).

He's one cool guy that's for sure.

Originally Posted by CIONIDE
They're either all PVC, PVC with suede inserts, or PVC with perforated leather inserts... no leather with suede unless they are a custom order at a MUCH higher cost.
lol yea that makes sense. Leather and suede would get pretty high in price.

For those of that have the covers, which would you say would be more durable? And does the leather start to crack or look wrinkly after a while like in luxury cars? Same with the PVC, or does the PVC ones even start to wrinkle?

Thanks guys for all the input btw
Old 02-09-2011, 12:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i don't think the pvc wrinkles. these are not plush enough for wrinkles to occur. pretty tight fit and firm.
have had mine since aug. 09'. the only change i have seen. the insert on the drivers seat is showing a little stretch from my butt.
Old 02-09-2011, 02:04 PM

Have had mine close to a year and look the same as the day installed. I chose to go with the all pvc and am happy with it.
Old 02-09-2011, 03:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I've had mine for a yr now and they still look brand new, one thing I did with my suede is that I sprayed that suede water repellent thing you put on shoes, don't know if it work, but I like to think that it has...ha ha ha. Just make sure that if ur modding your car more than the seats that you should think what dirrection you want to go with because once you buy these seat covers they will change the look of ur interior.
Old 02-09-2011, 03:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by sexby
^ there's that one and only person that doesn't like them lol if he's telling the truth! but if it is, would you mind explaining?
Im not lying about it. Ive seen the "suede" fade horribly, the pvc looks and feels cheap to me. the stitching on the covers is great though. never seen or heard of an issue with the seams separating.

Originally Posted by 808Ronin
I can understand not liking the feel but to say that you dont like the fit, get serious! you will not find a better fitting seat cover short of a professional re upholster job and even then it would be difficult for the average person to distinguish let alone make a statement like "I dont like the way it fits". To each his own but come on now...........FIT.
I am serious. the covers (to me) make the seat look overstuffed, like they're stretched on there, and you (or at least I can) tell they're covers. Every one i've seen look like they dont fit the contours of the seats properly.

Both of my xB's have been given a makeover with Katzkin Leather. I've done them both myself. Blah Blah Blah, you're right, you wont find a better seat COVER. Myself, if I'm spending my money on something, i'm doing it the right way.

If you'd like to see more of the cars that I have built Ronin, let me know, there are plenty.

Just for future reference though, as it seems you're rather new on this forum, and havent really made any contributions on here, think before you type. If you're going to try and call someone out for your lack of knowledge based on an assumption, or an opinion they may have, take a step back and count to 10 before you have diarrhea of the fingers. I've built plenty of show cars, had my own car showcased in the scion booth of the Philadelphia International Autoshow, built an xB that was featured in the NY auto show scion display, and have been to probably the most exclusive event that scion has done to date, the Miami trip.

Clazzios in a 2nd gen xb, notice how the seat back looks flat, as opposed to stock where its more of a rounded crescent shape?

clazzios in tc, notice how the suede looks purple?

Katzkins in my 05 xB, first HIN show I was ever in.
Name:  0194.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  66.7 KB

Katzkins right after I finished in my 2010 xB before I put the seat back in
Name:  IMG00149-20100509-2043.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  91.9 KB
Old 02-09-2011, 10:31 PM

"Both of my xB's have been given a makeover with Katzkin Leather. I've done them both myself. Blah Blah Blah, you're right, you wont find a better seat COVER."

The op is asking specifically about Clazzio Seat "COVERS". So whats your point? He didnt ask "were can i get the most ridiculously expensive seat covers to put on my Economy class vehicle that cost a whopping $15,000 fully loaded." Its not a Lexus its a Scion. Instead of blanket statements like "i dont like the fit", while referring to the best fitting COVER on the market for the cash, you could have said "I think you should spend three times more money and buy this...."

"Myself, if I'm spending my money on something, i'm doing it the right way. "

If this is true and money seems not to be an issue with you, other then the fact your starting with a BUDGET class vehicle, you should consider removing the seats totally and replacing with a suitable aftermarket$$$$ model since most would agree that the xb seats leave a lot to be desired and in this case, "fit" would be a legit argument.

Again, you dont like the "feel" , i can agree with that. pvc not really designed for feel but durability and cost cant be beat. On the issue of "FIT" however im afraid your wrong.

Good luck with your customizing (Unless you are workin for Toyota Japan or someother manufacturer, You do not build cars you customize them) and keep up the great contributions.

Last edited by 808Ronin; 02-09-2011 at 11:01 PM.
Old 02-09-2011, 11:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by 808Ronin
"Both of my xB's have been given a makeover with Katzkin Leather. I've done them both myself. Blah Blah Blah, you're right, you wont find a better seat COVER."

The op is asking specifically about Clazzio Seat "COVERS". So whats your point? He didnt ask "were can i get the most ridiculously expensive seat covers to put on my Economy class vehicle that cost a whopping $15,000 fully loaded." Its not a Lexus its a Scion. Instead of idiotic statements like "i dont like the fit", while referring to the best fitting COVER on the market for the cash, you could have said "I think you should spend three times more money and buy this...."

"Myself, if I'm spending my money on something, i'm doing it the right way. "

If this is true and money seems not to be an issue with you, other then the fact your starting with a BUDGET class vehicle, you should consider removing the seats totally and replacing with a suitable aftermarket$$$$ model since most would agree that the xb seats leave a lot to be desired and in this case, "fit" would be a legit argument.

Good luck and keep up the great contributions.
Thanks for attempting to pic apart what I posted. Have you read or comprehended what my post contained? I provided my thoughts, observations, and pictures of what I was referring to. No where did I say that the OP should buy the katzkins instead, I posted my experiences with both.

Again, please refrain from the keyboard diarrhea, and attempted personal attacks, as it makes you seem immature. Attitudes like you have shown are frowned upon on ScionLife.
Old 02-10-2011, 01:13 AM

Originally Posted by Big_Jim
Thanks for attempting to pic apart what I posted. Have you read or comprehended what my post contained? I provided my thoughts, observations, and pictures of what I was referring to. No where did I say that the OP should buy the katzkins instead, I posted my experiences with both.

Again, please refrain from the keyboard diarrhea, and attempted personal attacks, as it makes you seem immature. Attitudes like you have shown are frowned upon on ScionLife.
Not here to make friends buddy. I just felt like pointing out a stupid statement. MY original post to you was not a attack but an observation of the obvious. Im not the one trying to prop myself up claiming all my great accomplishments in the field of automobile customization,Great for you. Dosent make your statement any less dumb......
Old 02-10-2011, 04:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Alright guys, come on. Is this high school, or are you both over the age of 25?

Just agree to disagree and drop it. You're arguing in circles and it is counterproductive. So just stop.

So here's a question that's more related on the topic. What does PVC feel like? I've never had seat covers before on any of my cars. Is there something comparable that I can use as a concept for understanding fitment? Basically a "household" item that would feel similar? I don't have a friend here who has Clazzio's, so I can't sit on one to see what it's like.

Basically I want one of these in the future but can't decide if I want to go all out and get the leather insert.

Quick Reply: about to buy some clazzio seat covers for my '11 xb..