Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Yes, another header thread. Any help will be really apreciated.

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2011, 06:11 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Yes, another header thread. Any help will be really apreciated.

Hello guys, girls if any n_n. I'm very interested in upgrading my ride with a DC sports ceramic race header. I have researched on headers and I really wanted a 4 to 1 ceramic coated one and I did funded one that is the strup one and is like $620.00 shipped to my location, the DC sports 4-2-1 it's $320.00 with s/h also. So it's there any other option? is it much of a big difference the 4-1 to the 4-2-1 regarding to HP or sound?. My other question is do I need a O2 plug extension? about the cell eliminator wish one you guys recommend?, any torque specifications on the header bolts? and sorry to ask so many questions but I really want to get this installed right for once. Does it get to loud with the TRD sports muffler and any kind of header? cuz where I live cop's will ticket you for any loud exhaust. I searched YouTube for any clips but all the videos that I found have some other exhaust modifications.

Thank you guys.

Old 09-30-2011, 07:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

*cough* http://www.fastscions.com/scion-xb2-...ed-header.aspx

I would buy the cel eliminator. Personally I like the concept of 4-2-1 headers better. I think its more of a personal opinion. I want to get the Strup ceramic when I have some $$$.

I don't think your exhaust would be much louder because you still have the same resonator and muffler.
Old 09-30-2011, 09:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If you don't want to lose low end torque, go with the 4-2-1 header. Generally 4-1 header only provides better top end.
Also, the DC header is not a true 4-2-1 header, the only true 4-2-1 header is made by Weapon-R/MMW and Tsudo (weapon-r knock off).

Forget ceramic coatings, jet hot, etc... They are all garbage, just buy a cheap eBay header sams wrap it. It'll reduce underhood temps much better then any coating.
Old 10-01-2011, 01:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by KiKaZ-tC
If you don't want to lose low end torque, go with the 4-2-1 header. Generally 4-1 header only provides better top end.
Also, the DC header is not a true 4-2-1 header, the only true 4-2-1 header is made by Weapon-R/MMW and Tsudo (weapon-r knock off).

Forget ceramic coatings, jet hot, etc... They are all garbage, just buy a cheap eBay header sams wrap it. It'll reduce underhood temps much better then any coating.
Curious about "the DC header is not a true 4-2-1 header, the only true 4-2-1 header is made by Weapon-R/MMW and Tsudo (weapon-r knock off)." Why are you saying this? Also, what's the problem with ceramic coated headers?
Old 10-01-2011, 09:03 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Toast_Burner
*cough* http://www.fastscions.com/scion-xb2-...ed-header.aspx

I would buy the cel eliminator. Personally I like the concept of 4-2-1 headers better. I think its more of a personal opinion. I want to get the Strup ceramic when I have some $$$.

I don't think your exhaust would be much louder because you still have the same resonator and muffler.
Thanks man! way better price!!!
Old 02-27-2012, 02:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I had bought the Weapon-R 4-2-1 Header, and the improvements are very very noticable, to me it seemed that All levels of the power band has improved. I would say that the Low End is at its best followed by the Mid-Range and the Top End has also improved not by a whole lot but its much better than factory.

Some key things to know when you buy a header, its mainly on the type of application you're using it for.
Go with the 4-1 header if your into heavy racing that requires the Top End when overtaking a slower vehicle or just leaping down the road at durastic changes in speed. The 4-1 is ideal for Drag Racing and Racing Circuits. This is providing the 1nzfe motor is modified to perform well at high speeds. ie: Turbo, supercharger, bored out cylinders, Nitrous etc.

Go with the 4-2-1 header of you want the low end and mid range emphasized much more. Essentially this is the way to go in city and highway driving. Alot of low end and mid range to overtake vehicles on the highway. You'll get an improvement on the Top End, but its not as emphasized like the 4-1 header.
Old 02-28-2012, 10:09 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by AnalogXB
I had bought the Weapon-R 4-2-1 Header, and the improvements are very very noticable, to me it seemed that All levels of the power band has improved. I would say that the Low End is at its best followed by the Mid-Range and the Top End has also improved not by a whole lot but its much better than factory.

Some key things to know when you buy a header, its mainly on the type of application you're using it for.
Go with the 4-1 header if your into heavy racing that requires the Top End when overtaking a slower vehicle or just leaping down the road at durastic changes in speed. The 4-1 is ideal for Drag Racing and Racing Circuits. This is providing the 1nzfe motor is modified to perform well at high speeds. ie: Turbo, supercharger, bored out cylinders, Nitrous etc.

Go with the 4-2-1 header of you want the low end and mid range emphasized much more. Essentially this is the way to go in city and highway driving. Alot of low end and mid range to overtake vehicles on the highway. You'll get an improvement on the Top End, but its not as emphasized like the 4-1 header.
Thanks for the info, I think for my purpose that WR is the way to go.

About steel quality? I have seen the the ones that come in ceramic coating use a cheaper king of steel called a mid steel, does it happens the same with the stainless steel ones?, I dont really care about the look?
Old 02-28-2012, 10:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

actually i would find out if dezod.com is going to make one of their headers for the xb. they have custom made a 4-1 header for the tc and tc2 right now with dyno results against the 4-2-1 weapon r. their header had on average, a broader torque band and gains of 3-5 wheel horsepower. not to mention that their header is 49 state carb legal. the dezod header is not only the top header for the scion tc, but like i said is the only carb legal header. definitely check with them to see if they plan on making one for the xb or if they can work something out for you. best header for the money hands down!